Jump to content
PASTA Mick

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

Recommended Posts

Gordon, Hendry, Tierney, McGregor, Brown and Forrest in action this afternoon in Armenia. Bain, Ralston, Christie, Morgan and Allan on the bench.

1-0 up at half-time. 

Imagine if Scotland had made the World Cup, Celtic wouldn't have a team for these games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

How did Morgan do? Understand he came on. Feels like there's a buzz around him.

Good. We scored twice after he came on and he played a part in one of the goals. Poor opposition but promising start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Gordon, Hendry, Tierney, McGregor, Brown and Forrest in action this afternoon in Armenia. Bain, Ralston, Christie, Morgan and Allan on the bench.

1-0 up at half-time. 

Imagine if Scotland had made the World Cup, Celtic wouldn't have a team for these games. 

Aye ye would have.

All the players would’ve pulled out of the Scotland squad as usual due to your -4th round CL game would be far more important. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Middleton looking good in Rangers game. Watch out for him.

I think he is a cracking player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just glanced at the Celtic friendly update and saw this comment on Mikey Johnstone:

"Johnston is on a different level

The winger can breeze past players in a way few Scottish stars have in a long time"

Sounds like he's on fire. Only a friendly but exciting to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just glanced at the Celtic friendly update and saw this comment on Mikey Johnstone:

"Johnston is on a different level

The winger can breeze past players in a way few Scottish stars have in a long time"

Sounds like he's on fire. Only a friendly but exciting to hear.

He needs to go out on loan to get game time, I think he does have a lot of talent but needs game which he wont get a celtic.

Ralston went to united last season not sure how he did but again another one who needs to go on loan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just glanced at the Celtic friendly update and saw this comment on Mikey Johnstone:

"Johnston is on a different level

The winger can breeze past players in a way few Scottish stars have in a long time"

Sounds like he's on fire. Only a friendly but exciting to hear.

Great the way Celtic bring through players and give them the chance to learn from experienced  European professionals, pity the rest of the clubs in Scotland don't do this. Not sure how to send them out on loan though unless they can get some European lower league experience. Don't think there is much to learn in the SPL or the championship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jamboman said:

He needs to go out on loan to get game time, I think he does have a lot of talent but needs game which he wont get a celtic.

Ralston went to united last season not sure how he did but again another one who needs to go on loan

Out of curiosity how many of Celtics internationals have been out on loan? I know they didn't all start at Celtic but they waited there to get their chance and it seems to work out ok. Think this "needs to get game time" is a bit of a myth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Out of curiosity how many of Celtics internationals have been out on loan? I know they didn't all start at Celtic but they waited there to get their chance and it seems to work out ok. Think this "needs to get game time" is a bit of a myth

McGregor had a long spell at Notts County.  Ajer went to Killie.  

Forrest and Tierney didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Great the way Celtic bring through players and give them the chance to learn from experienced  European professionals, pity the rest of the clubs in Scotland don't do this. Not sure how to send them out on loan though unless they can get some European lower league experience. Don't think there is much to learn in the SPL or the championship 

???? Hearts played about 15 teenagers last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GlasWolf said:

Nice wee article on Elliot Watt, who was included in Wolves' first team preseason trip to Switzerland and played in both matches.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/07/14/interview-elliot-watt-hoping-to-make-wolves-impact/

Another midfielder (sigh). What about young upcoming centre forwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GlasWolf said:

Nice wee article on Elliot Watt, who was included in Wolves' first team preseason trip to Switzerland and played in both matches.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/07/14/interview-elliot-watt-hoping-to-make-wolves-impact/

Making pretty fast progress by the looks of things, thanks for the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Wolves released former "wonderkid" Jordan Allan who played for Airdrie before he was 15. He obviously still has time on his side but it'd be nice if just once...  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Great the way Celtic bring through players and give them the chance to learn from experienced  European professionals, pity the rest of the clubs in Scotland don't do this. Not sure how to send them out on loan though unless they can get some European lower league experience. Don't think there is much to learn in the SPL or the championship 

You're at the wind up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You're at the wind up.

To a degree of course, but Celtic are the only team with players that could end up playing for Scotland that would need to be sent out on loan. No disrespect but do you think there is much point in a loan move to Kilmarnock say to play against the likes of Dundee or Hearts or to any one in the bottom half of the championship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 4:41 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

Just glanced at the Celtic friendly update and saw this comment on Mikey Johnstone:

"Johnston is on a different level

The winger can breeze past players in a way few Scottish stars have in a long time"

Sounds like he's on fire. Only a friendly but exciting to hear.

Looks like he is off on loan to St Mirren for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

To a degree of course, but Celtic are the only team with players that could end up playing for Scotland that would need to be sent out on loan. No disrespect but do you think there is much point in a loan move to Kilmarnock say to play against the likes of Dundee or Hearts or to any one in the bottom half of the championship?

Well Ajer certainly benefited from a loan move to Killie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×