Scottish player transfers - Page 180 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

31 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Who else was he linked with, Arsenal were sort of mentioned.

Arsenal, West Ham (not a glamorous club but a step up from Brentford, IMO) and some of the big Italian teams; Juventus sticks in my mind but I could be havering there.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

Arsenal, West Ham (not a glamorous club but a step up from Brentford, IMO) and some of the big Italian teams; Juventus sticks in my mind but I could be havering there.

I think first team football is the most important thing for him so maybe Brentford is not a bad move. My only concern is what position he’ll play. I can see him in midfield one day but I doubt an EPL team will be up for tactical experiments. 

Hickey was linked with Arsenal and AC Milan. Previous to that with Napoli. As much as id have loved to have seen him at AC or Napoli it would only have been good if he was 1st choice. He defo wouldnt have been at Arsenal.

Brentford are a risk as despite a good 1st season will be one of the favourites to go down this year. Hopefully they can have another good season and he can shine. If he does so having moved for 20 million then his next move will be a 35 million odd move to a top 10 side which will mean he is 1st choice. 

I always thought he looked young ans skinny in interviews etc but seeing him in person he looks like he will grow into a proper athelete. Not suggesting he will go onto being the same type of player but physically he reminds me of Bale at the same age.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think first team football is the most important thing for him so maybe Brentford is not a bad move. My only concern is what position he’ll play. I can see him in midfield one day but I doubt an EPL team will be up for tactical experiments. 

Rico Henry is their regular LWB so he isn't getting in ahead of him.

He'll play as RWB I reckon.

3 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Brentford fans rave about Henry, but from what I’ve seen hickey could be better.

they might be planning to cash in on Henry in the not too distant and give the slot to hickey?

also, pretty sure they’ll go down if Erickson doesn’t stay

This is interesting:

So my take from the video is, Brentford see Hickey as:
* Undervalued currently (compared to say English-based defenders).
* someone who will fit into their system

* a player that they will nurture and sell on at a profit in a few years.

On the flip-side, this could be a shrewd move by Hickey and his management. Should get playing time. Brentford will develop him as a player (their 'investment' in cold financial terms).

29 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Charlie McArthur signs for Newcastle. Good luck to him, but every time I’ve seen him he’s taken a heavy touch or three and seems awkward on the ball. Have I been unlucky? I certainly hope he makes it there. 

Yet another one from the Performance Schools system.

I’ve only seen him a couple of times and I didn’t particularly notice him having a poor touch.

An informed commenter on twitter (Owen Brown) described him as a “Central defender with excellent 1v1 defending and good passing ability.”

21 hours ago, ProudScot said:

16 year old St Mirren defender Murray Campbell being looked at for a transfer by a host of EPL clubs & Rangers. £400,000 fee mooted

He won't be going to rangers...

I know his mammy

He was in my daughter's class at primary

His wee brother is a great wee keeper as well👍😎

On 7/6/2022 at 12:08 AM, ProudScot said:

16 year old St Mirren defender Murray Campbell being looked at for a transfer by a host of EPL clubs & Rangers. £400,000 fee mooted

Rangers have also been linked with 17 year old midfielder Dylan Reid from St Mirren.  Fee of around £250K mentioned.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:39 PM, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Yet another one from the Performance Schools system.

I’ve only seen him a couple of times and I didn’t particularly notice him having a poor touch.

An informed commenter on twitter (Owen Brown) described him as a “Central defender with excellent 1v1 defending and good passing ability.”

Seeing professional footballers born in 2005 makes me feel old 🤣

Guest Scot1
43 minutes ago, syecosse said:

A few moves 

Doig off to Verona.

Ferguson to Bologna.

Wish both of them good luck and hope the move works out for them both. 
Don’t know much about Verona but watched Bologna a number of times because of Hickey and they have some very good players in midfield. Ferguson will have some good players to learn from.

Couple of keeper hopes for the future Jay Hogarth 19 signed a new 3 year deal at Rangers and going on loan to Alloa for a season. 

Jon Mccracken is training with Southend with a view to a loan just signed a new contract at Norwich recently. 

Guest Scot1
27 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hickey now officially at Brentford player.

If he takes to the field during the upcoming games, he'll be the first Brentford player to play for Scotland since 1947.

Hibbee at work said that Hearts didn’t have a sell on clause as a % of the transfer fee. Apparently it’s just a set amount, a 6 figure sum. Be disappointing if that’s the case.

Hope the move goes well for him, be interesting to watch him play in the Premiership this season. 

Edited by Scot1