Scottish player transfers - Page 191 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

12 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

If hes pish then what does that make the rest of our wingers?

Hes probably the only decent winger we have tbf.

Hes not good enough for a top 6 epl team but he more than proved his worth in the epl at Bournemouth. A lower half epl team would probably be happy to take a punt on him if the price is right.

Hes barely ever turned up for us. Can't beat a man, can't cross a ball. Pish as a winger

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

What’s with your constant hate of Ryan Fraser 😂

As above.

He's so overrated. 

Wouldn't even consider him in the squad

On 1/4/2023 at 5:26 PM, scotlad said:

Seen a rumour that Newcastle are interested in signing Scott McTominay. Apparently Man United want to keep him but he's very much a squad player there at the moment.

This seems like a good move on the surface. If McTominay could find his own version of what McGinn has with Villa, where he plays every week and is highly regarded, he will thrive. (Ignoring the short period McGinn was dropped)

However, I think Newcastle are currently going through that same phase that Chelsea and Man City did when they got bought. Signing decent players before they are able to lure the megastars. He could be the equivalent of Duff for Chelsea, or Bellamy for City. I.e have 1 or 2 good seasons before they ultimately upgrade.

So it would be a good short term move, but he may end up needing another move 2 years from now.

2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

This seems like a good move on the surface. If McTominay could find his own version of what McGinn has with Villa, where he plays every week and is highly regarded, he will thrive. (Ignoring the short period McGinn was dropped)

However, I think Newcastle are currently going through that same phase that Chelsea and Man City did when they got bought. Signing decent players before they are able to lure the megastars. He could be the equivalent of Duff for Chelsea, or Bellamy for City. I.e have 1 or 2 good seasons before they ultimately upgrade.

So it would be a good short term move, but he may end up needing another move 2 years from now.

Who would McTominay replace in the Newcastle midfield? My worry is he'd be no more likely to get game time at Newcastle United than at Manchester United.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:26 PM, scotlad said:

Seen a rumour that Newcastle are interested in signing Scott McTominay. Apparently Man United want to keep him but he's very much a squad player there at the moment.

Would be a strange move to sign for a better team when you can’t get a game at the team you’re already at 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Who would McTominay replace in the Newcastle midfield? My worry is he'd be no more likely to get game time at Newcastle United than at Manchester United.

You'd think if Howe is going to the bother of signing him in the first place that he can see him slotting in. I can't imagine McTominay would be cheap either.

The issue McTominay has at the moment is that Man U are spending circa £70m+ on midfielders, and therefore are obligated to play them. As I said before, though, Newcastle are likely to be in that same position in the next couple of years.

15 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

McTominay will stay at Man Utd and he’ll captain them one day (whether stand-in or long term). I’m fairly sure he’s had some injury problems of late. 

He's been ill. Man Utd need a big squad for the number of competitions they're in and he seems to love the club so can't see them wanted rid or him wanting to leave

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Ryan Porteous going to Udinese by looks of it.

Cracking move for him as they're having a good season in top half of Serie A (only lost 1-0 away to late Juventus goal yesterday).

So chance to start regularly for europa league contender.....

Or they just sell him to Watford in 18 months.

Yeah a great move. Hope it happens. 

On 1/8/2023 at 8:22 AM, Tartan Chris said:

Ryan Porteous going to Udinese by looks of it.

Cracking move for him as they're having a good season in top half of Serie A (only lost 1-0 away to late Juventus goal yesterday).

So chance to start regularly for europa league contender.....

Or they just sell him to Watford in 18 months.

looking like an immediate loan to Watford via Udinese buying him for 500k.  

3 hours ago, csinclair said:

Stephen Welsh linked with Hajduk Split as well as unnamed clubs in MLS. Toulouse were after him last summer. Hope he moves to the continent, his development at Celtic seems to have stalled and they just signed another centre back recently.

I bet he regrets not going to Toulouse.  His career isn't really going anywhere at the moment so a move to any of those sides would be an improvement on his current situation.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:18 AM, csinclair said:

Stephen Welsh linked with Hajduk Split as well as unnamed clubs in MLS. Toulouse were after him last summer. Hope he moves to the continent, his development at Celtic seems to have stalled and they just signed another centre back recently.

Probably better than staying in the JPL anyway!

3 hours ago, stocky said:

Chat about Ryan Fraser going to Everton...

Might be a good move for him. Newcastle look like they'll be upgrading their playing staff, I see Chris Wood who was one of Howe's first signings has been loaned out to Forest. Of course, if Fraser does go, he might have a new manager quite soon unless Everton's form picks up.