Scottish teams in Europe - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm pretty comfortable with reacting when he starts his self-righteous "you're going to hell" routine. 

See below for some more confirmation of it. 

Any more candidates for anti-Christ yet? Prince William and Obama look to have been awful guesses by you. How about predictions on when Jesus will return? 

I see nothing wrong with what he has written, it's what he believes and I respect it.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Celtic lose and are rewarded with a seeded place in the Europa, Aberdeen win their two ties and are again unseeded with a potential mountain to climb. Got to love UEFA 

before anyone starts, this isn't not a dig at Celtic. 

European football is a joke. 

The money teams are all playing each other now in friendlies in preparation for doing it again in the Champions League - a competition full of teams who won all last season. 

7 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The money teams are all playing each other now in friendlies in preparation for doing it again in the Champions League - a competition full of teams who won all last season. 

They set the rules up at the start so everyone knows they've got little or no chance of changing their position unless they are very lucky with the draw or have improved immensely.

Hopefully Aberdeen have a little luck and play well. 

Celtics potential opponents in the next round are all eminently beatable. 

1 hour ago, Mitre said:

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

9pm, 27th July 2012:  Just 48 hours before the first scheduled match for Sevco Scotland the SFA grant an unheard of ‘conditional’ membership to Sevco Scotland. It is reported that Sevco Scotland have agreed to a 12 month transfer embargo, starting on 1st September 2012.  They also agree to pay all football debts of Rangers (IA).

Sevco, playing in strips of Rangers (IA) defeat Brechin City in extra time to record their first ever victory. Ian Black plays as a trialist, despite signing a contract with Sevco Scotland earlier in the week. It is further unclear whether players are registered to Rangers IA or Sevco Scotland, and if the former, how?

Taken from the first 2 pages of the Celtic view no doubt, or complete fabrication, but cheers for the clarification I am completely convinced now and you can sit back and have a brandy feeling all smug. 

I will now be extremely busy contacting the BBc, STV, all the newspapers and Sky tv to tell them to read this thread and change their reports on all the search engines.

56 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What a shit post FFS! 

It at least makes a change from the incessant Rangers are dead shite I've had to read for the last 5 years or so. 

All it took was a simple comparison and an even more simple question of proof and it seems I have turned this board to shit ???

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Celtic lose and are rewarded with a seeded place in the Europa, Aberdeen win their two ties and are again unseeded with a potential mountain to climb. Got to love UEFA 

before anyone starts, this isn't not a dig at Celtic. 

I would have to agree. If it was up to me then we'd be out of Europe altogether should we lose on Wednesday.

Having said that, if it was up to me the European cup would still be knockout between the champions of each country only. But it's not, unfortunately.

54 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

12 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I would have to agree. If it was up to me then we'd be out of Europe altogether should we lose on Wednesday.

Having said that, if it was up to me the European cup would still be knockout between the champions of each country only. But it's not, unfortunately.

refreshing to see this opinion from supporters of a team who benefit from the european shambles. Obviously you don't benefit in the same way the super rich clubs, teams waltzing straight into the group stages is a disgrace. 

I glance at celtic's matches in the CL but honestly can't remember the last time I watched 90 minutes of the CL, it might have been when Liverpool won it.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I see nothing wrong with what he has written, it's what he believes and I respect it.

Cool. I don't believe in respecting abhorrent viewpoints. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

The "champions route" is one of the few positive developments, and it's been really beneficial to teams like Celtic.

in one sense it means you're limiting the number of champions that get through, but realistically teams like celtic would really struggle to qualify without it.

44 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

good for you parkie, you keep fighting the good fight

I bet you're a hoot to be around :lol:

I am indeed. Sure a fvvck don't go round telling non christians that they're going to hell. :ok: 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

refreshing to see this opinion from supporters of a team who benefit from the european shambles. Obviously you don't benefit in the same way the super rich clubs, teams waltzing straight into the group stages is a disgrace. 

I glance at celtic's matches in the CL but honestly can't remember the last time I watched 90 minutes of the CL, it might have been when Liverpool won it.

I've come to accept the CL is what it is. Could do with them dropping max teams from any one country to 2 or 3 but that's unlikely to happen.

What I do have an issue with is the "lucky losers" option. Like Reevesy said above, if you get emptied from the CL at whatever stage you shouldn't end up in the EL. It's a mockery that teams get a second chance and can come into it at qualifying stages and again after CL group stages. Out should be out, if so would possibly give the EL a bit more credibility than it has at present. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Cool. I don't believe in respecting abhorrent viewpoints. 

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Mark 12:31

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

good for you parkie, you keep fighting the good fight

I bet you're a hoot to be around :lol:

1 Timothy 6:12

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I am indeed. Sure a fvvck don't go round telling non christians that they're going to hell. :ok: 

That's because you don't want to care.

I do.

(Why do folk who say they don't believe in hell seem so bothered by something they claim doesn't exist?)

5 hours ago, Reevesy said:

The bit that seems strange to me is if Celtic lose on Wednesday then they parachute into the Europa League on the strength of having only beat the part-timers of Linfield.

Guest BlueGaz
6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

(Why do folk who say they don't believe in hell seem so bothered by something they claim doesn't exist?)

Scotty v Oldco?

Guest BlueGaz
11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Oldco is of no threat to me being in a liquidation file in Canary Wharf.

Don't let something that doesn't exist bother you then. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Oldco (which I acknowledge used to exist) doesn't bother me, no.

Yes it does. You have talked about it a lot recently, you have even contributed financially to groups to strip its titles. It doesn't exist, don't let it bother you. Practice what you preach. 

Edited by BlueGaz

On 29/07/2017 at 1:15 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I've come to accept the CL is what it is. Could do with them dropping max teams from any one country to 2 or 3 but that's unlikely to happen.

What I do have an issue with is the "lucky losers" option. Like Reevesy said above, if you get emptied from the CL at whatever stage you shouldn't end up in the EL. It's a mockery that teams get a second chance and can come into it at qualifying stages and again after CL group stages. Out should be out, if so would possibly give the EL a bit more credibility than it has at present. 

I think that the Champions League should be the champions of each country, perhaps with a single additional place for the top countries. It should be completely unseeded - like the Scottish Cup - and once you're out, you're out.

The Europa League should be the cup winners of each country, second placed teams from each country and possible some third placed teams for the top nations. Again completely unseeded. This format may allow for the re-introduction of the Cup Winners' Cup, as that was killed by UEFA's decision to expand the Champions League to sides that hadn't won their national leagues - in the 1999 season Heerenveen were in the Cup Winners' Cup despite only reaching the Dutch Cup semi-final as both finalists had qualified for the Champions League.

I've gone through the list of Champions League semi-finals since the introduction of multiple teams per country and in the twenty seasons, sixteen of them has seen a country being represented by two or more teams in the semi-finals (one season where there were two teams from two different countries) and five occasions where a country has been represented by three teams.

In the Europa League, there have been eighteen sides who have reached the final after dropping out of the Champions League since you could 'qualify' for the Europa League by being knocked out of the Champions League (in 1999-2000), seven have won it and there have been four finals where both sides have dropped out. Only four finals (out of eighteen) have been contested by two sides that haven't dropped out of the Champions League.

It just about shows how much the smaller teams are "valued" when, possibly next season? England, Spain and Germany will have 4 teams straight into the group stages, with the possibility of a 5th for each of them. 

Its all about the money and that'll never change now, there's no point even trying to anymore. 

On 29/07/2017 at 3:02 PM, Scotty CTA said:

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Mark 12:31

1 Timothy 6:12

That's because you don't want to care.

I do.

The bit that seems strange to me is if Celtic lose on Wednesday then they parachute into the Europa League on the strength of having only beat the part-timers of Linfield.

I'm more concerned by the existence of a magical talking snake and two brothers populating the world where the only female on earth is their maw ?

31 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

I'm more concerned by the existence of a magical talking snake and two brothers populating the world where the only female on earth is their maw ?

Was the garden of Eden in Greenock??