Scottish teams in Europe - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I still have no idea why you would be bothered about someone telling you you are going to hell. There's a million things on the planet to be more offended at than this, anyway if you don;t believe in it why would you give the slightest shit whether someone thinks you are going there?

Possibly because it's a threat? If a Christian who believes in everlasting damnation says you're going to hell its basically a simple threat. 

That was the very reason the stories were invented. Population control. So Hell was the big stick and Heaven was the carrot. 

It's very simple. 

Personally I don't care what anyone calls me or thinks of me. Especially on an Internet forum.

Apologies to Mick and Mitre for the random quote function deciding to include them on this post. 

On 29/07/2017 at 9:14 AM, PASTA Mick said:

On 29/07/2017 at 8:02 AM, Mitre said:

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Griffiths and Sviatchenko both trained this morning, a hopeful sign ahead of tomorrow. ?

Griffiths playing would be the key, in my opinion. Him leading the line will enable Celtic to play their proper game and I'd say they'd cruise it. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Possibly because it's a threat? If a Christian who believes in everlasting damnation says you're going to hell its basically a simple threat. 

That was the very reason the stories were invented. Population control. So Hell was the big stick and Heaven was the carrot. 

It's very simple. 

Personally I don't care what anyone calls me or thinks of me. Especially on an Internet forum.

Apologies to Mick and Mitre for the random quote function deciding to include them on this post. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's very simple. 

a threat to send you somewhere you don't believe exists?

its like being threatened with death by being fed to jabba the hut. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

a threat to send you somewhere you don't believe exists?

its like being threatened with death by being fed to jabba the hut. 

If the person threatening you believes then it shows the level of animosity they feel towards you. 

I'm not scared of Jabba either. He rarely leaves his office at Ibrox and I'm pretty sure I could out run him. ?

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If the person threatening you believes then it shows the level of animosity they feel towards you. 

I'm not scared of Jabba either. He rarely leaves his office at Ibrox and I'm pretty sure I could out run him. ?

I don't think Scotty is showing any level of animosity towards anyone here. 

haha :lol:

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think Scotty is showing any level of animosity towards anyone here. 

haha :lol:

Try reading some of his posts on Rangers then. Animosity is a perfect summation of what he's expressing. 

He'll say he isn't but the language and consistency show he's not being honest. 

Anyway, back on the thread, I think Aberdeen can make it through this game providing no nasty surprises like a red card or similar. Their away record shows they know how to play in Europe now. 

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why you peddle your made up sh1te anywhere on a football messageboard is beyond me.

I encourage folk to see past deception and think outside of the box in 'Anything Goes'.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Why should people ignore someone saying that they're going to hell? 

I've never said (and wouldn't say) that a specific person is going to hell (or is in hell) because that would put me in God's position (as the final authority) claiming that I knew not only the future but a person's heart also.

I've only ever said that folk who have died having knowingly and willing rejected God in their lives will spend eternity apart from Him in hell.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Not saying they are equal, no. Simply showing that something not bothering you, doesn't mean it's okay. 

Folk should think about what happens to them after they die, and the thought of eternity in hell should bother them.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

I find it objectionable that someone who believes in many abhorrent things, such as Scotty, can imply that he is a better, more worthy person than other people. So, when he does, i'll pull him up on it. 

There's not one person on this planet that I feel that I am better than, and the whole point of me worshipping Jesus is to acknowledge that I'm not worthy.

I'm as flawed as they come, but thanks to God I have peace and contentment without any fears.

I want that for other folk too.

Hell is real, and telling that to my accusers and detractors is an act of love. 

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Big games for Dons on Thursday and Celtic on Wednesday.  Would be good to see both teams go forward. Dons have not made it past this stage in the last 3 attempts.  To be honest, I don't think we could have expected to (possible exception being Maribor) but do think we have a decent chance this time. This is the first time we've been away in second leg without having to score and therefore have the ability to sit in and counter which we seem to do quite well.

Having the upper hand at this point is just another indication of how McInnes has been steadily improving us.

21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Try reading some of his posts on Rangers then. Animosity is a perfect summation of what he's expressing. 

Anyway, back on the thread, I think Aberdeen can make it through this game providing no nasty surprises like a red card or similar. Their away record shows they know how to play in Europe now. 

I wasn't referring to his posts about rangers, only those threatening people with Hell

He's hardly on his own when it comes animosity towards rangers

6 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

This is the first time we've been away in second leg without having to score and therefore have the ability to sit in and counter which we seem to do quite well.

We didn't have  to score in Groningen. That worked out pretty well :) 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Anyway, good luck to the Dons and Celtic this week.

I'm sure Scotty knows the Aberdeen score already...any chance of a heads up so I can stick it on my coupon?

I only have my own bias hopes.

0-1 Rooney.

5 hours ago, phart said:

Scotty doesn't get to choose, calm down. It probably doesn't even exist anyway.

Correct.

A Christian can only help lead a person to Christ.

They can't in of and themselves 'save' someone.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Griffiths and Sviatchenko both trained this morning, a hopeful sign ahead of tomorrow. ?

The best sign for Griffiths being able to play was once his suspension was served.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope. A warning out of love.

It's very simple.  

Except it's not working.

The world is a mess.

And now the truth... If a person cares enough to warn their accusers, mockers, and detractors, then it could only be an act of love.

31 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rangers off-field antics have made them my least favourite club.

I want justice like any decent person of conscience should.

Anyone know if you can use someone else's login for the Premier sports app the way you can with sky go i.e watch it on two separate devices at the same time?

Seem to remember having this channel before and it was a hassle to cancel

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Anyone know if you can use someone else's login for the Premier sports app the way you can with sky go i.e watch it on two separate devices at the same time?

Is that what the Celtic game is on? 

I'm sure i mind seeing on AFC Chat that the Premier Sports app can only be used on one device at a time. 

3 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Only one login to the app can be used at a time.

37 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Thought you were a pro at using multiple logins? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Alan said:

If you are not into the various religious views then ignore it.  Would you be giving him such a hard time if he was from another faith?

Yes, absolutely.

Its all pretty much the same shite anyway.

And the conversation starts up again...

Just as there is only one possible answer to the question of what is 2+2? similarly there is also only one possible answer to 'What is the meaning of life?'

Saying that we are here because of any other reason than special creation by the God of the Holy Bible (an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient entity Who has eternally existed outside of time) is like saying that 3 or 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 or 5 are equally valid answers to the first question.

Do you have the 'right' to choose and believe an invalid answer?

Yes, but you'd still be wrong.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

And the conversation starts up again...

Just as there is only one possible answer to the question of what is 2+2? similarly there is also only one possible answer to 'What is the meaning of life?'

Saying that we are here because of any other reason than special creation by the God of the Holy Bible (an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient entity Who has eternally existed outside of time) is like saying that 3 or 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 or 5 are equally valid answers to the first question.

Do you have the 'right' to choose and believe an invalid answer?

Yes, but you'd still be wrong.

Since you don't have any proof of creation by God of the Holy Bible then surely there is a slight chance that yours is the 4 1/2 answer no?

What if Hare Krishnas or Traditional Nordic religions are the correct religion all along and by doing this you are really pissing off Thor?