Scottish teams in Europe - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

Religion is a pile of hocus pocus pish to me but you have to admire Scotty's determination. He has certainly stayed true to what he believes on here over the years. I'll gie ye that ya sheep bawing bugger. :ok:

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Religion is a pile of hocus pocus pish to me but you have to admire Scotty's determination. He has certainly stayed true to what he believes on here over the years. I'll gie ye that ya sheep bawing bugger. :ok:

Aye, so have Westboro baptist church. 

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

Since you don't have any proof of creation by God of the Holy Bible then surely there is a slight chance that yours is the 4 1/2 answer no?

My belief is faith-based, but creation would be proof of creation (we just have to determine Who the Creator is).

32 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Both God and I agree.

(Misleading, substanceless drivel.)

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, so have Westboro baptist church. 

A misguided embarrassing family cult focusing on God's wrath instead of His love and forgiveness.

9 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Sorry, I meant first time in third round that we haven't needed to score away in second leg. 

I knew what you meant. :wink2:

1 minute ago, Flure said:

It's the penguins I feel sorry for.

Having to waddle all that way just for a cruise.

Aye, they wee buggers can swim too. They didn't even need an ark!

Do animals go to hell too, or is it just humans? Wouldn't like to be cutting about hell on my Saturday off the hard graft and get munched by a lion. That'd be a sickener. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

How come there was nae dinosaurs on the Ark? 

5 minutes ago, Flure said:

It's the penguins I feel sorry for.

Having to waddle all that way just for a cruise.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Do animals go to hell too, or is it just humans? Wouldn't like to be cutting about hell on my Saturday off the hard graft and get munched by a lion. That'd be a sickener. 

Thank you for your questions and comments.

Please use the appropriate forum if you wish a reply.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Mufasa and Simba probably went to Heaven but I would watch out for Scar. He's definitely in Hell for what he did.

2 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Mufasa and Simba probably went to Heaven but I would watch out for Scar. He's definitely in Hell for what he did.

Nah. Being good or bad isn't relevant. It's all about accepting God, or something. Sweet deal if you're a right imo. They'll all be lording it over the good guys up there, who'll be too placid to stand up to them. 

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:
59 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Other worldview's don't and can't stand up to scrutiny.

Neither does Christianity. At all. Even remotely.

50 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Simba isn't dead. 

I watched him with my niece the other day, so unless you know different, away with your nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The Truth of Christianity passes every test with flying colours.

Thats only your belief and not a fact

None of history, archeology, true science, or prophecy have shown Christianity to be a false.

The fact that the Bible's 40 different 'writers' (from all walks of life) who lived as far apart as 1,500 miles and lived at different times over 1,500 years AND STILL AGREED ON EVERYTHING should tell you what you need to know about the Bible's accuracy and authority.

(Try getting two people today to agree on everything!)

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

None of history, archeology, true science, or prophecy have shown Christianity to be a false.

The fact that the Bible's 40 different 'writers' (from all walks of life) who lived as far apart as 1,500 miles and lived at different times over 1,500 years AND STILL AGREED ON EVERYTHING should tell you what you need to know about the Bible's accuracy and authority.

How do you know they agreed on everything? There's zero evidence of that. 

34 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Absolute mince and putting it in capital letters doesnt make it any more believable

Clearly you only want to read stuff written by people that will affirm your beliefs

There is a vast library out there containing works of notable archaeologists and historians who have spent decades of research that disagree 

And thats before you play the "literal" card.

William G Dever for example

"Archaeology certainly doesn't prove literal readings of the Bible...It calls them into question, and that's what bothers some people. Most people really think that archaeology is out there to prove the Bible. No archaeologist thinks so." From the beginnings of what we call biblical archaeology, perhaps 150 years ago, scholars, mostly western scholars, have attempted to use archaeological data to prove the Bible. And for a long time it was thought to work. William Albright, the great father of our discipline, often spoke of the "archaeological revolution." Well, the revolution has come but not in the way that Albright thought. The truth of the matter today is that archaeology raises more questions about the historicity of the Hebrew Bible and even the New Testament than it provides answers, and that's very disturbing to some people.

Archaeology as it is practiced today must be able to challenge, as well as confirm, the Bible stories. Some things described there really did happen, but others did not. The biblical narratives about Abraham, Moses, Joshua and Solomon probably reflect some historical memories of people and places, but the 'larger than life' portraits of the Bible are unrealistic and contradicted by the archaeological evidence... I am not reading the Bible as Scripture… I am in fact not even a theist. My view all along—and especially in the recent books—is first that the biblical narratives are indeed 'stories,' often fictional and almost always propagandistic, but that here and there they contain some valid historical information...

Tel Aviv University archaeologist Ze'ev Herzog

This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel: the Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom. And it will come as an unpleasant shock to many that the God of Israel, YHWH, had a female consort and that the early Israelite religion adopted monotheism only in the waning period of the monarchy and not at Mount Sinai.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Simba isn't dead. 

I watched him with my niece the other day, so unless you know different, away with your nonsense. 

Temper, temper dear Dunn. I wouldn't dreeeeeam of challenging you.... 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Mods

Any chance we an either close this thread or at least get rid of all the stuff that isn't football related. 

I'm not picking sides, but it's getting really tedious and boring. 

I understand, Chris (and I apologise).

There'll be games on Wednesday and Thursday, so hopefully those that chase me around the board will be concentrating on those games for a little while at least.