Midweek fitba - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, OLAS said:

Michael Owen ... ex Madrid, celebrating like a dafty when Barcelona do that?   

Aye cos Real Madrid were "the only team he ever wanted to play for". 

Hes a fitba man who has just witnessed one of THE greatest comebacks. Of course he's going to show emotion over that. It was fvcking mental!!

8 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Hes a fitba man who has just witnessed one of THE greatest comebacks. Of course he's going to show emotion over that. It was fvcking mental!!

Aye. I've little time for Barca but I still woke the weans up screaming when the 6th goal went in...

8 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Champions league is shite according to some.

okay it is the same teams but this proves the knockout stage is good. Would be a helluva lot better if it was that the whole time.

I don't think anybody says seeing a team come back from 4-0 down to win 6-5 is nit amazing.  That's football though, it's an amazing game when it's competitive. 

The problem is that the Champions League does all it can to be as uncompetitive as possible to ensure the same elite super-clubs can be guaranteed as much money as possible. 

9 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Champions league is shite according to some.

okay it is the same teams but this proves the knockout stage is good. Would be a helluva lot better if it was that the whole time.

In isolation last night wa incredible, nobody can deny that but this doesn't stop the CL being shite.

on another note, the referee was worse than John Beaton

10 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

England ignore that rule.

sums up modern football, the rich leagues do as they please because they have the money to do so. The rest have to follow the rules and except the crumbs from the top table. 

Incredible comeback. Didn't see the whole match but turned it on at 3-0 due to texts from my mates about the game. Once Cavani scored i thought it'd be over (he also missed a good chance to make it 3-2 and really kill the tie) but credit to Barca for an astounding comeback. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

The problem is that the Champions League does all it can to be as uncompetitive as possible to ensure the same elite super-clubs can be guaranteed as much money as possible. 

Correct. I read a stat yesterday that in every season since 2009-10 that two of Real Madrid, Barca & Bayern had been in every semi final draw. It's uncompetitive and dull. 

Last night was astounding in isolation, but one match does not eradicate the champions leagues failings. Once the 8 QF are decided next week, you would imagine they will be 8 of the top 10/12 richest clubs in the world, its a closed shop for most of us and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Sergio Roberto channelling his inner Lukas Jutkiewicz.

:P

I was driving home from Birmingham, and it certainly made the drive more interesting, although losing the radio reception when they got the penalty for the 5th was frustrating!!

:lol:

12 hours ago, McTeeko said:

He might have played fitba, but he's clearly a money man.   As mentioned above, he played for Liverpool and Man U.    He couldn't care less about any club rivalry.  

Neil Lennon is a football man.   Never seen him lapping the studio when Rangers won the Challenge Cup. 

On 08/03/2017 at 8:48 PM, Rossy said:

Sky showing Man City - Stoke live the same time as Champions League games are on.

I thought that was a no-no ? :mellow:

On 08/03/2017 at 9:02 PM, Cove_Sheep said:

England ignore that rule.

On 09/03/2017 at 8:03 AM, vanderark14 said:

sums up modern football, the rich leagues do as they please because they have the money to do so. The rest have to follow the rules and except the crumbs from the top table. 

The English Premier League paid the UEFA fine to allow Sky to show the game at that time rather than playing it earlier & inconveniencing the fans going to the match. 

On 08/03/2017 at 10:16 PM, Mox said:

The extra did help and quite rightly helped identify tbe first pen. Quite how you've concluded Neymar took a dive for the first one is remarkable. The right back slips, falls over and into Neymar, its a stonewall penalty.

I thought Neymar changed his run & deliberately ran in to the guy that was falling :ok: