Midweek fitba - Page 25 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He loves a trophy but he also loves a moan about fixture congestion. I hope they get humped by Genk or Gent

and rightly so, every club that plays in a European tournament should have the option of cancelling their pre/post league fixture. You're representing the league and the country after all

17 minutes ago, dan cake said:

and rightly so, every club that plays in a European tournament should have the option of cancelling their pre/post league fixture. You're representing the league and the country after all

Should also extend to glamour friendlier IMO 

22 minutes ago, dan cake said:

:lol::lol:

don't talk pish

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

When would they play all these fixtures? June?

Price of success!

15 hours ago, dan cake said:

wished id had backed man utd at 5s for the europa league 

now that roma are out i cant see past them

jose does love a trophy and the backdoor to next season champions league awaits

LYON that is all.

• 3 weeks later...

Moult is a doubt for Wednesday which would be a blow.

Accies making themselves very hard to beat at the moment but create the chances that we did against Rangers and I think we'll have enough.

Loathe to talk about attendances but doubt there will be 5k plus seeing as there hasn't been all season outwith Rangers and Celtic. Maybe all the 'I won't be back untill..' brigade will be there tomorrow to boost numbers.

Hoping the famous fire in another 7 goals tonight to start off a good set of results. Oh and a draw between County and Dundee would be nice as well. 

Even if they had a massive travelling support which they dont - Accies fans have already resigned themselves to Canning getting the club relegated

I would lump on Motherwell with the proviso being that both of them might play not to get beat and take a point each

Motherwell are one of the few teams who have always been in the top league since I started going to football (along with Aberdeen and Killie). Wouldn't like to see them relegated.

An away day to Fir park or Hamilton, there's really no contest. 

Just now, Parklife said:

They're both fecking shite, to be fair. 

Disagree about Motherwell. Plenty of good pubs nearby and a huge allocation in the south stand, I always enjoy it through there. The only positive about Hamilton, for me, is the train station being right next to the ground. 

Rangers with a bit of an injury crisis in defence and Caixinha has confirmed that Bates and Beerman from the U20s will both start at CH and LB respectively.  I've not heard particularly glowing reports about Bates and a pairing of him and Danny Wilson doesn't inspire too much confidence!  19/4 for Killie you say.....!!

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Disagree about Motherwell. Plenty of good pubs nearby and a huge allocation in the south stand, I always enjoy it through there. The only positive about Hamilton, for me, is the train station being right next to the ground. 

Agreed, Motherwell is a decent day out. Their fans seem to make a day out of it at RP too as there's normally a fair % of them in the pubs early doors.

Hamilton is good for the reason that you can booze in Glasgow until the back of 2 then go straight to the game.

14 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Myles Beerman the 17 year old boy from Malta starts at left-back for us tomorrow and young Bates at CB (20, I think?)

You going to win 5-0 again? 

I've no idea how the Swanson/Foster thing will affect St Johnstone, but we tend to do badly in Perth so will probably lose tomorrow night anyway. In fact, depending on how Dundee react to their skelping off Aberdeen, and assuming we just about scrape into the top six, it might be just about odds on that we don't win another game this season.

ICT are a real bogey team for us - guessing 'cos most of them are trying to win a deal!  In all seriousness, they're fighting for their lives.  I can see this being tight.  Not sure if this is totally misplaced, but i quite like Foran as a manager - well, at least his interviews. Comes across really well.  

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

That was me that said that about the Motherwell game and the toungue-in-cheekedness of it seeemed to be lost on a few people!!

GBR Bear did say you would "hammer" Motherwell, or something along those lines though.