Midweek fitba - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, giblet said:

ffs, that ref had a honking game the night.  Good win for Hibees. Cummings is a fud but he is our freescoring fud.

We thought he was stinking for United but if the Hibs fans think the same he must have been really bad.  Maybe the worst one was down in front of the George Fox stand when he was standing literally three feet from Gray as he nudged a United player in the back as he jumped, and he just totally ignored.  It wasn't a bad foul but it was so blatant and yet he somehow missed it. 

Also, United were pure pish, again.  

Bloody hell - BBC stats says 17 shots to 3 for Hibs and 62% possession.  That really is unacceptable from Utd. Ok, Hibs have spent big and are probably a top six Premiership level squad, but United should be no pushovers either with Bell, Dixon, Edgenguele, Flood, Andrew, Fraser etc.  There's plenty of quality and experience but it's just not doing it. 

However, we need to replace Simon Murray either with an actual red setter after a stick, or preferably with a football player. 

29 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Idiots.  Thankfully the attempted demo fell flat on its pus and largely drowned out by booing and shouts of "sit doon and shut up ya fannies" from sensible United fans.  Embarrassing.  

Yup, as weak a protest as you're ever likely to see. Complete ringpieces. 

As for the game I don't think United had a shot on target did they? Absolutely no creativity and as you say Murray was beyond brutal. When you're throwing Durnan up front for the last 10 you know you're bad ?

Edited by McTeeko

Durnan is our best attacker.  Andreu is good but we need somebody else on his wavelength.  

I wouldn't trust Simon Murray to put my bins out without knocking them over and spilling litter all down the street.  

17 shots for Hibs, 3 for Utd and none on target.  In fact, Murray coulda played in goals for Hibs and it would've made no odds.  

Dispirited.  Looking at who's going to win league 1 so we can see what ignominy may be visited on us next year.  Defeat at Bayview maybe?

10 hours ago, Reevesy said:

I thought that elbow from Durnan looked accidental if I'm honest. Gray seemed to run back just as he was starting to stick his arm out.

The way Durnan reacted, turning to go and look to see if he was ok suggested that too.

Anyone know if there's a reason that Sean Dillon's testimonial is against Hearts?

Edited by Cove_Sheep

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

So it should after swanning aroond the toon in that ghastly pink shirt you had on! :o

It's salmon.......

And I was right,I've just been judged by 3 mums as we've strolled in,still half canned :rollsmile:

Edited by dandydunn

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Durnan is our best attacker.  Andreu is good but we need somebody else on his wavelength.  

I wouldn't trust Simon Murray to put my bins out without knocking them over and spilling litter all down the street.  

17 shots for Hibs, 3 for Utd and none on target.  In fact, Murray coulda played in goals for Hibs and it would've made no odds.  

Dispirited.  Looking at who's going to win league 1 so we can see what ignominy may be visited on us next year.  Defeat at Bayview maybe?

What's wrong with giving coote a shot? Can't say I've seen much of him but he has to be worth a go given what we currently have no?

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

What's wrong with giving coote a shot? Can't say I've seen much of him but he has to be worth a go given what we currently have no?

Dunno, but what currently have is gash.  This time three years we were watching Robertson, Armstrong, GMS, Ciftci and Gauld.  And now look at us.  

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Dunno, but what currently have is gash.  This time three years we were watching Robertson, Armstrong, GMS, Ciftci and Gauld.  And now look at us.  

It's depressing. Our buys have not exactly been outstanding. Maybe some of the kids deserve a chance.

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just assuming my role of avid supporter and the odd chortle at the useless kids :lol:

You should be like the parents of our under 11s opponents this morning and scream mindless abuse at their kids for not being international class.  While wearing Rangers puffer jackets.