Midweek fitba - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

Just now, stocky said:

well they were 4 goals down.....  does that not equal a 4 goal deficit.  being 4-0 down?   

I am however not 100% sure of the result, I am sure thats how i remember it in some fact book.....

Yep, you remember it all correctly.

Killie 3 down after the first leg, and Lothar Emmerich scored in the first five minutes at Rugby Park before Killie replied.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dandydunn said:

Not in 1 game they weren't. 

Thats a deficit over 2 legs,not the 1st one. 

fair enough   ]

However does that not make it more remarkable then....   depending on when they went 4-0 down, they had less that a game to get the deficit back..

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

fair enough   ]

However does that not make it more remarkable then....   depending on when they went 4-0 down, they had less that a game to get the deficit back..

Glad we cleared it up. 

It wasn't a 4 goal deficit after the 1st leg. 

Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Yep, you remember it all correctly.

Killie 3 down after the first leg, and Lothar Emmerich scored in the first five minutes at Rugby Park before Killie replied.

So they had only 85 minutes to get back a 4 goal deficit and Barca had 90 or ( 95)  

So i say the Killie result is better....... as they had less time to do it in..... ;-) 

3 minutes ago, stocky said:

So they had only 85 minutes to get back a 4 goal deficit and Barca had 90 or ( 95)  

So i say the Killie result is better....... as they had less time to do it in..... ;-) 

But Barca had a 4 goal deficit to overcome after the first leg,that's what everyone is pointing to,not a 3 goal one then conceding first. 

Im sure it got plaudits at the time,but it's not the record that's being discussed. 

7 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Michael Owen ... ex Madrid, celebrating like a dafty when Barcelona do that?   

Yeah I seen that. Strange behaviour

Although he did play for both Man United and Liverpool so not sure he's too fussed with things like that.

Just now, dandydunn said:

But Barca had a 4 goal deficit to overcome after the first leg,that's what everyone is pointing to,not a 3 goal one then conceding first. 

Im sure it got plaudits at the time,but it's not the record that's being discussed. 

Aye, i know.... and credit to Barca....

however i Just deflected a wee bit.and went off in a tangent....... as can happen on a message board.....  

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

That Neymar free kick was utterly majestic. The first pen was a stonewaller, the second one was questionable, never the less, the defender should be lambasted for getting himself caught over the top. 

First one neymar took a dive too ? saw the guy and made the contact. Second one was a dive without a doubt. Extra officials should be helping more, or better at their jobs. 

3 minutes ago, Kirk said:

First one neymar took a dive too ? saw the guy and made the contact. Second one was a dive without a doubt. Extra officials should be helping more, or better at their jobs. 

The extra did help and quite rightly helped identify tbe first pen. Quite how you've concluded Neymar took a dive for the first one is remarkable. The right back slips, falls over and into Neymar, its a stonewall penalty.

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

The extra did help and quite rightly helped identify tbe first pen. Quite how you've concluded Neymar took a dive for the first one is remarkable. The right back slips, falls over and into Neymar, its a stonewall penalty.

I've only seen it a couple of times and I would tend to agree with that. 

As incredible an achievement as that was there was some amount of cheating going on. Barca are still a fantastic side but they're no stranger to the dark arts either. Neymar, Suarez and Jordi Alba in particular are absolute rodents.

Not much coverage either of what looked like a stonewall penalty and sending off for the tackle on Di Maria when he was clean through. ?

39 minutes ago, Mox said:

30 minutes ago, Mox said:

You watch it again and look at the way he goes down, he uses the guys body well but he could have stayed up no bother. At first I thought it was a stone Waller too. Watch it very carefully and look at his feet. He could have e avoided going down no bother.

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Hats aff to the Barca keeper btw, that interception saved a certain goal and helped set up the winner...

Aye and took an assault too. Which should have e seen veratti off haha

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

As incredible an achievement as that was there was some amount of cheating going on. Barca are still a fantastic side but they're no stranger to the dark arts either. Neymar, Suarez and Jordi Alba in particular are absolute rodents.

Not much coverage either of what looked like a stonewall penalty and sending off for the tackle on Di Maria when he was clean through. ?

Aye they just ignored that and didn't show a replay at all ?

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

I wound it back because of the lack of a replay, looked like he slipped on his erse  tbh...