Tartan Army Message Board

Most definitely stay. Don’t want to give more money to the old firm and certainly don’t want to give any money(and kudos) to the rugby establishment.

Stay.

I have always wondered why have the SFA never purchased the freehold on Hampden . with it they would have some borrowing power and could also sell the naming rights along the lines of the Etihad and Emerates ( i know they wouldn't get anywhere near the amounts Arsenal and Man city get ) but it could still be substantial. lets be honest without Scotland playing there Hampden is a white Elephant . They should approach Queens park about selling if they don't want to walk away it will be their loss.

Ian

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

Stay.

I have always wondered why have the SFA never purchased the freehold on Hampden . with it they would have some borrowing power and could also sell the naming rights along the lines of the Etihad and Emerates ( i know they wouldn't get anywhere near the amounts Arsenal and Man city get ) but it could still be substantial. lets be honest without Scotland playing there Hampden is a white Elephant . They should approach Queens park about selling if they don't want to walk away it will be their loss.

Ian

That is a very good post. Agreed why don't the SFA just offer to purchase thr ground? Sorry if there are any Queens Park fans here but for a national football association to be grovelling for rights from a lower league ground it is quite laughable in this day and age and a situation so out of date it is unreal. I just wonder how much purchasing Hampden would cost though. Far too much I think.

15 hours ago, Alba78 said:

Most definitely stay. Don’t want to give more money to the old firm and certainly don’t want to give any money(and kudos) to the rugby establishment.

You hae the same name as my dug. 

• Haha 1

Stay (with refurb).

1) Hampden is one of the oldest grounds in international football.
The history of the place is amazing and it would be a crime to dump it.

2) Scotland needs a neutral venue for cup finals.

Stay.

I'd stay without a refurb too. Folk overplay how bad the views are etc.

Plenty of restricted views at Parkhead and Ibrox/Murrayfield has some right shite views too.

Hampden is shite but i'd rather stay there than play in No city. 

• Confused 1

Deafinate Stay,preferably knock the north east and west down,rebuild round the park with steeper seating and joining back on to the south stand.

In an ideal world FIFA would approve safe standing for qualifiers and the East and West stands could be converted to terracing, could increase capacity to around 60,000...