League Cup Final - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

37 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Rodgers is getting the best out of him. Other managers haven't. 

he's doing better against teams who allow him to play, Aberdeen were terrible yesterday and made Celtic look like Barca. As soon as Forrest plays against decent opposition he's found out.

Celtic are a better team, that isn't even up for debate but for Aberdeen to allow Celtic so much room is a disgrace. Mcinnes changed a winning team and shat his pants on the big stage AGAIN.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The last few years have seen the major honours generously spread around the clubs. I fear that era may have ended.

Possibly but always a chance in cups.

Celtic's  only potential problem will be players seeking a tougher challenge elsewhere. If that happens then it maybe opens the door a wee bit for the rest.

8 hours ago, Rossy said:

Utterly pathetic from Aberdeen. 

I've been to every single Dons final (including Super cup finals) since 1976....I make that my 24th Aberdeen final......and I've never seen such a defeatist, cowardly, completely humiliating display.

I believe this is now the beginnning of the end for McInnes. You can't survive by sending a team out in a cup final that is set out simply not to lose.

Aye I was really surprised at how negative he was. 

For all his faults Kenny Shiels knew how to approach these games. He went for it in 2012 and it worked. Literally nothing to lose. 

That was a shocking embarrassment yesterday. First goal summed us up - McLean loses a 60/40 and Celtic score. McLean has played as a holding midfielder for two years now but hasn't made a tackle yet. Not sure why mcinnes changed things again either - completely reshuffled back 4. It was the lack of heart that concerned me most though  

We were next to Celtic fans - they didn't even try and goad the Dons fans think they actually felt sorry for us.

Our next game couldn't be a better opportunity to try and put things right though.  If Mcinnes does anything other than play 4-2-3-1 (without McLean) and come out all guns blazing, he will lose a chunk more fans. 

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That was a shocking embarrassment yesterday. First goal summed us up - McLean loses a 60/40 and Celtic score. McLean has played as a holding midfielder for two years now but hasn't made a tackle yet. Not sure why mcinnes changed things again either - completely reshuffled back 4. It was the lack of heart that concerned me most though  

We were next to Celtic fans - they didn't even try and goad the Dons fans think they actually felt sorry for us.

Our next game couldn't be a better opportunity to try and put things right though.  If Mcinnes does anything other than play 4-2-3-1 (without McLean) and come out all guns blazing, he will lose a chunk more fans. 

McLean will play, that is certain. 

It has to be Shinnie at full back, Considine in to CB and Taylor to the bench for Saturday. 

Lewis

Logan  O'Connor  Considine  Shinnie

Jack  McLean 

Mcginn Maddison  Hayes

Rooney

McInnes needs to stop trying to be so clever and just pick our best 11. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It has to be Shinnie at full back, Considine in to CB and Taylor to the bench for Saturday. 

Lewis

Jack  McLean 

Mcginn Maddison  Hayes

Rooney

That was my team for yesterday. However, just posted on our WhatsApp group the team for next week, I picked same formation as above but Stockley up front and Craig Storie with Jack. Said, we need to focus on doing what we do best and forget worrying about the opposition!

I also think Pawlett may warrant an opportunity ahead of McGinn 

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Rodgers is getting the best out of him. Other managers haven't. 

you are noticeable with your absence after Forrest has another one of his shockers yet appear with a post to crow on those rare occasions he plays well. Strachan has more faith in Forrest than most and time and time again he has failed to deliver, most recently (for me) in the second half at home to Lithuania. I actually quite like Forrest and see that he has something to offer, albeit this can be inconsistent. However you are hell bent on trying to qualify your earlier statement that Forrest is the most gifted Scotland player there currently is. I would quietly let that slide if I were you. 

21 hours ago, Fermer said:

I am a Scotland fan mate.  Drink always plays a part.  Not steaming though.  At least I have an opinion on game.  Not an opinion on somebody else.  I don't comment on you because you don't have an interesting opinion.  Slightly happy now, which glenlivet has a part in.  No hatred or bile any more mentioned.  Its almost xmas so lighten up x 

You have no opinion on anything bar generic banalities on everyone apparently hating Rangers and how this sits with your love of Scotland. I have no opinion on either of these things as they don't appear on my radar - however the repetition in which you comment on these topics is pretty clear to me. Try moving into another area of conversation, just occasionally. 

3 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

Sick of McInnes being a feartie, and Madison would have been hooked after 1st goal

Fukk the easy pass show aff and run into 3/4players lose ball lose goal ffs man.

getting Maddison on loan and playing him regularly has been one of the few progressive things that McInnes has done. Lewis seems pretty solid also. 

8 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

"Broke me today"?

Get a grip. Its football and not the battle of Aleppo,  youre supposed to be a man. Ffs.

I got kids meself and as long as they are healthy and in a good mood, they enjoy themselves and see football differently. For them its a day out with daddy.

And there is/was no "significance of the occasion". It was the scottish league cup final. Theres another one next year. 

Gie Dandy a break. He obviously had a few beers last night and was a tad emotional at seeing his laddie at his first final. 

3 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

Sick of McInnes being a feartie, and Madison would have been hooked after 1st goal

Fukk the easy pass show aff and run into 3/4players lose ball lose goal ffs man.

Maddison was the only Aberdeen player to show any drive and invention yesterday.

50 minutes ago, Mox said:

Maddison was the only Aberdeen player to show any drive and invention yesterday.

it was noticeable that Celtic had him singled out as the main threat, they defended against him perfectly. Mind you they did foul him a lot, the ref could have got a better handle on this but this had zero effect on the outcome of the match. The ref could have booked and sent off half the Celtic team and we'd still lose 3-0

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Lewis

Jack  McLean 

Mcginn Maddison  Hayes

Rooney

is game on TV at all ?    away to scratch to see if i can watc this in Cape Town 

- sorry - thought was 5pm UK kick off - not ZA 5pm kick off

Edited by euan2020

3 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

you are noticeable with your absence after Forrest has another one of his shockers yet appear with a post to crow on those rare occasions he plays well. Strachan has more faith in Forrest than most and time and time again he has failed to deliver, most recently (for me) in the second half at home to Lithuania. I actually quite like Forrest and see that he has something to offer, albeit this can be inconsistent. However you are hell bent on trying to qualify your earlier statement that Forrest is the most gifted Scotland player there currently is. I would quietly let that slide if I were you. 

I'm not sure I've ever said that Forrest is our most gifted player. He is massively underrated by Scotland fans. Almost as underrated as Snodgrass is overrated. 

Brown is our best player. :ok:

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm not sure I've ever said that Forrest is our most gifted player. He is massively underrated by Scotland fans. Almost as underrated as Snodgrass is overrated. 

Brown or Rogic. 

You need a right back though. 

31 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

am pretty sure you have said something to that effect (without trawling through previous emails to check for sure). Snodgrass would be a stand out if Strachan didn't play him alongside equally slow paced players such as Martin and Ritchie.

totally agree with you on Brown. 

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's not underrated at all.

Every single Scotland fan knows he's utter shite, simply because he's proved it time and time again.

The fact that from time to time he plays a decent game against a diddy team in Scotland means nothing.

Charlie Nicholas hitting the nail on the head in The Herald this morning..

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14935727.Charlie_Nicholas__Aberdeen_are_weak__settle_for_second_best_and_were_set_up_to_lose_the_League_Cup_Final/

Aberdeen were a bunch of shitebags who had lost the final before it even started.

Saturday should be interesting. To an extent, it's a chance at redemption for McInnes and the players who let the fans down on Sunday. There's no doubt that we have the players to go there and win the game.

But will we ? I suspect not. I suspect that McInnes will set up again to try not and lose the game....we'll barely get a shot on goal, and it'll end up 2-0 Rangers.

Scottish Cup Final Hibs v Rangers was a brilliant match.  Had everything in it and is a game to show when people complain about product on the park.

League Cup Final Aberdeen v Celtic was one of the worst games i have watched in a long time.  Reminded me of Belgium v Scotland.  Aberdeen were awful.  Scared and gave Celtic to much respect.  They beat Celtic twice last year.  The only new player was Dembele.