League Cup Final - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Sorry, i didnt mean it that way.  I listened to whole commentary and enjoyed it (until celtic scored obviously).  But lets say on Hogmonay and old firm game being commentated on and aberdeen or hearts are second.  And commentators keep saying this is two best teams in Scotland.  How would a hearts or dons fan feel? Thers not much in it between dons and gers in last game I seen at pittodrie.  But you must admit the gers take a hard time on here?  And some words border on the hatred side.  I don't like that nor for any other team and I havent and wouldnt do that.  We are Scotland fans and need to help every team in country.  Glenlivet kicking in.  Debate though.  I only listened to game and sounds like celtic outclassed again.

I don't know how much scottish fitba you follow on the tv or radio but the commentators and the pundits constantly make statements and express views that can be questioned. That's the nature of the game, that's the nature of the business.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Just to stir the pot for no reason the Huns would definitely have made more of a match of it than Aberdeen just did. Aberdeen are especially shit against Celtic for some reason which perhaps explains why some dons fans on here have a pathological hatred of them. Yeah hatred.  

Stop saying that word.  I will get the blame.

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

I don't know how much scottish fitba you follow on the tv or radio but the commentators and the pundits constantly make statements and express views that can be questioned. That's the nature of the game, that's the nature of the business.

Ok Col.  So, if I say on here Rangers are best team in Scotland on radio you wouldn't feel an opinion on it.  My only point was/is that they were constantly saying they were best two teams.  I know it's only opinion.  But I have never been late with my BBC Licence arrears and entitled to a fair view from them.  No?

9 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Yes.  Sorry mate.  It's removed.  Hopefully u are like me and want scottish game to come back again.  I watched the famous five programme on thursday night and wish we could be better as a country.  This board should be about good debate, slaggin and getting together.  Well done the tims today.  Dons and Gers for second think but there's always the Scottish.  Unfortunately europe is beyond us now as a country.  But there is always hope.  Hope Parkie makes it over the forth bridge!

You are a good man.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Hope your team has the humility to wear Dick Turpin masks next week after yesterday's robbery!!

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

You are a good man.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Hope your team has the humility to wear Dick Turpin masks next week after yesterday's robbery!!

Aye, listened on radio and it seemed like a steal right enough mate.  But thems the breaks.  At Pittodrie Aberdeen got a free kick against us which was never in  million years.  And the guy buried it.  Thems the breaks!

Fermer regularly trots out the all being united as Scotland fans in between random periods of getting emotional about the "hate" and "bile" on show. Am sure booze plays a significant part in his contradictory stance but he seems more like a jealous ex who fluctuates between love and real hate in the same recorded (steaming) message........

1 minute ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Fermer regularly trots out the all being united as Scotland fans in between random periods of getting emotional about the "hate" and "bile" on show. Am sure booze plays a significant part in his contradictory stance but he seems more like a jealous ex who fluctuates between love and real hate in the same recorded (steaming) message........

I am a Scotland fan mate.  Drink always plays a part.  Not steaming though.  At least I have an opinion on game.  Not an opinion on somebody else.  I don't comment on you because you don't have an interesting opinion.  Slightly happy now, which glenlivet has a part in.  No hatred or bile any more mentioned.  Its almost xmas so lighten up x 

28 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Just to stir the pot for no reason the Huns would definitely have made more of a match of it than Aberdeen just did. Aberdeen are especially shit against Celtic for some reason which perhaps explains why some dons fans on here have a pathological hatred of them. Yeah hatred.  

9 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I am a Scotland fan mate.  Drink always plays a part.  Not steaming though.  At least I have an opinion on game.  Not an opinion on somebody else.  I don't comment on you because you don't have an interesting opinion.  Slightly happy now, which glenlivet has a part in.  No hatred or bile any more mentioned.  Its almost xmas so lighten up x 

An opinion on what game?

It's all about The Rangers ya numpty. 

16 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

:lol: spot on!

12 minutes ago, OLAS said:

An opinion on what game?

It's all about The Rangers ya numpty. 

Brilliant anotation.  This game of wits is going to be interesting?  You being unarmed and all.  Any other names you want to call me to make sure you win the debate?  It makes you look good.  Wish I called people on here names.  Must be great and very big.  Sorry mentioning word big to you if that's insulting. 

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Pedantically Aberdeen are the second best team in Scotland at the moment as they have the second best points per game total behind Celtic. Judging who is (second) best based on a league table where teams have played an unequal number of games isn't going to give the correct answer.

You re not competing for runners up here, do you? 

57 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Sorry, forgot what I was doing there.

Taking a detached point if view (and ignoring the sheepy hatred point which I don't think is true), Aberdeen look a better side than Sevco to me. McInnes is very cautious though, he needs to be a bit more positive imo

Oh its true. But who cares about that.

Aberdeen have played relatively poorly against Celtic versus against Rangers for as long as I can remember. Even during the Fergie years. Or at least that is my perception. I have no idea why it is. (Obviously we are always trying to gift as many points to the TIms so the Huns dont win the league but apaaaart from that?)

23 minutes ago, slasher said:

Sorry, forgot what I was doing there.

Taking a detached point if view (and ignoring the sheepy hatred point which I don't think is true), Aberdeen look a better side than Sevco to me. McInnes is very cautious though, he needs to be a bit more positive imo

I am only going on league position and last game where I thought rangers were slightly the better team.  I am not arguing who is or isnt.  My only point was that I listened to sportsound today and according to them celtic and aberdeen are best two teams.  I as a rangers and my jambo pal would disagree.  No argument about celtic though. 

2 hours ago, Fermer said:

At last COUNT rangers are second kid.  Only saying like.  facts and chiels etc etc etc.  Unless league tables are wrong.  If they are I of course apologise to your superior knowledge.  and the BBC Sportsound team.  League tables lie then? 

aye based on league programme and  only playing the sheep and tims once - bring on the humping and humiliation 

34 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

aye based on league programme and  only playing the sheep and tims once - bring on the humping and humiliation 

Seen plenty of humpings with old firm both ways.  Lucky enough to be on good side of them with gascoigne, laudrup etc.  You cant always win.  Luckily as the biggest club in Scotland and second in UK we will be back on top where we belong.

Edited by Fermer
Thats the glenlivet finished.

22 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Seen plenty of humpings with old firm both ways.  Lucky enough to be on good side of them with gascoigne, laudrup etc.  You cant always win.  Luckily as the biggest club in Scotland and second in UK we will be back on top where we belong.

.?????

Brilliant stuff! ?