Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

He's always been a great shot stopper as he displayed tonight. His reflexes tonight looked like a young Gordon.

I think labeling him as 'just' a great shot stopper is a bit unfair. I know you don't mean it like that but he's always been a great communicator with good distribution and, until this season, sound at coming out for crosses. McGregor is a great shot stopper but Gordon has loads more to his game.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

He's always been a great shot stopper as he displayed tonight. His reflexes tonight looked like a young Gordon.

His kicking really is dire at times though. Still if he stops the ball going in the net you cant ask for much more

Botti Biabi got a goal and Ryan Blair got two assists for Swansea under 23s tonight.  5 eligible Scotland players started n'all.  Quite the Scottish youth team in South Wales. 

12 hours ago, borojock said:

jack harper on bench for Brighton U23 i notice Bardsley and Adam playing for stoke U23

You can see the team lines etc. here http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/under23s/

Last night Harper was an unused sub, in the previous game he got brought on for the last 15 minutes with the team 7-0 up in the cup. In the game last week against West Ham he got brought on in the 91st minute.

It looks like either the Brighton U23 manager is totally clueless, or Harper simply isn't good enough for the "Under-23 Premier League Division Two".

btw Brighton U23s have won 1 league game all season.

1 hour ago, davew said:

You can see the team lines etc. here http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/under23s/

Last night Harper was an unused sub, in the previous game he got brought on for the last 15 minutes with the team 7-0 up in the cup. In the game last week against West Ham he got brought on in the 91st minute.

It looks like either the Brighton U23 manager is totally clueless, or Harper simply isn't good enough for the "Under-23 Premier League Division Two".

btw Brighton U23s have won 1 league game all season.

Doesn't look great for Harper if that's the case.

Might be worth him dropping down a division or 2 on loan to get some games.

On 02/10/2016 at 8:30 AM, JECK said:

Tremendous free kick from Faddy to be fair, up there with Snodgrass quality that one.

Yep, great to see. Is it just me or does he look a bit fitter and brighter than he has in recent years? Seemed like there was a bit of a cloud over him, like he wasn't really enjoying his football and had sort of lost hope of doing anything a bit. Seems a bit more relaxed in the recent interview I saw, which can only be good for him and his football.

16 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Doesn't look great for Harper if that's the case.

Might be worth him dropping down a division or 2 on loan to get some games.

sadly this is probably the case

Perhaps the Real Madrid C team isn't all that its cracked up to be OR Ricky was right all along and light years ahead with his squad selection 

Does need games must be edging 21 years 

Was a terrible move to brighton it turns out. Golden rule, if you're going to make a permanent move from a big club, make sure it to somewhere you'll play. I'd rather he's gone to Yeovil or Cambridge or Layton Orient. Go somewhere where you'll play football. Sign a 2 year deal.. destroy the league and move on up. Sitting on the bench for brighton u23s does nothing for your ability nor your career. Get out and play games.

• 4 weeks later...