Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 113 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully you come up. 

Cheers mate, Killie fans certainly seem to like a trip to Paisley.

3 out of our 4 biggest attendances since we moved to the new ground 10 years ago have been against Killie. 

44 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Cheers mate, Killie fans certainly seem to like a trip to Paisley.

3 out of our 4 biggest attendances since we moved to the new ground 10 years ago have been against Killie. 

2600, 2650 and 2700. ?

13 hours ago, adamntg said:

2600, 2650 and 2700. ?

Well...... naw, given that one of them was 7542 and remains our biggest crowd at the new 8000 capacity stadium despite umpteen visits by the OF.

Unlike our biggest crowd versus united which read "average home support plus a couple of hundred".

:ok:

I think most Celtic fans seem to be of the opinion that swapping Hayes for Christie would be a bad deal, particularly if we have to pay a fee as well. 

The age difference is the main reason for this because I think most accept that Hayes is probably the better player at the moment. Christie should improve in the future. 

8 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think most Celtic fans seem to be of the opinion that swapping Hayes for Christie would be a bad deal, particularly if we have to pay a fee as well. 

The age difference is the main reason for this because I think most accept that Hayes is probably the better player at the moment. Christie should improve in the future. 

very easy for Celtic to make back that money, if he makes difference in a game in champions league to get a draw etc - not a lot for celtic to spend - would be like aberdeen worrying around spending 50k/100K

47 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hayes will still be an excellent player when he is 30, 31, and and at least 32.

Can't see him slowing down before that.

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

1.2 million for Hayes.

Christie on a permanent.

Hayes loaned back for free and allowed to play v Celtic.

It's big Pete Liewell we are talking here. He runs the game don't ya know?

You'll be lucky to get rid of Hayes without paying us to take him ?

Steven Naismith seems to be willing to fight for a place at Norwich even with the new manager. Surely he'd be better off just getting his contract cancelled there and coming back up here to play ? Don't see him featuring much for Norwich next season.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Steven Naismith seems to be willing to fight for a place at Norwich even with the new manager. Surely he'd be better off just getting his contract cancelled there and coming back up here to play ? Don't see him featuring much for Norwich next season.

There was talk of exactly that happening and him looking for a move back to Ibrox with him offering to take a substantial wage cut but Rangers have apparently said they don't want him. 

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

There was talk of exactly that happening and him looking for a move back to Ibrox with him offering to take a substantial wage cut but Rangers have apparently said they don't want him. 

He's on The List anyway isn't he?

48 minutes ago, adamntg said:

He's on The List anyway isn't he?

Basically, aye.  Fans seem really split on him returning (not that looks like it's happening now).  Some are prepared to forgive and forget and can accept he'd improve the team while others can't see past what they class as an act of betrayal.  I'm probably somewhere in the middle!! :lol:

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Herera, Carissa and Dalceio all in Glasgow to sign for Rangers. 

I saw Dalcio is a forward who's amassed a grand total of 2 goals in 69 games for Benfica B. :unsure: 

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I saw Dalcio is a forward who's amassed a grand total of 2 goals in 69 games for Benfica B. :unsure: 

Will fit right in then, him and Garner could be set to get 10 between them.  Small steps ..... <_<

On 03/06/2017 at 3:32 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Id agree with that, 29 isnt ancient but I dont see the benefit long term for Celtic and short term they really dont need him. Theyd be better foccusing all their efforts on getting Roberts permanent (which i think is in the works)

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

What kind of level does that compare to do we know? obviously its not a good ratio at any level though

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Will fit right in then, him and Garner could be set to get 10 between them.  Small steps ..... <_<

:lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Still an upgrade on what we've got at present! :lol:

From what I've heard he's more of a midfield playmaker than an out and out forward.