Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 110 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Good signing news for United - seems Simon Murray is going to Hibs. 

The reaction today over him coming to us is over the top.

Seems a lot of our support has something against him. 

He's a decent signing and with the right management he'll score more goals. 

2 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

He's absolutely pish.  Dunno what Lennon is thinking about.  His first touch is dreadful, he can't challenge for a ball in the air, his vision and game intelligence is that of a guy who was working as a plumber till last year. 

As someone commented on a United board - "good luck to his next employers, he's a Pygmalion project that didn't work".  Honestly, there's no way he's getting a game ahead of any of your proper strikers. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Did I imagine it or have Hibs resigned Anthony Stokes?

Been plenty rumours but Blackburn saying they arent releasing anyone yet....

We have now been linked with a boy at Oxford, Lee Sercombe? Never heard of him, although if it was one of the ugly sisters looking to sign him the Record would be saying we had opened up our war chest and swooped to sign him, beating off a host of top English clubs.  

Edited by giblet

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

He's absolutely pish.  Dunno what Lennon is thinking about.  His first touch is dreadful, he can't challenge for a ball in the air, his vision and game intelligence is that of a guy who was working as a plumber till last year. 

As someone commented on a United board - "good luck to his next employers, he's a Pygmalion project that didn't work".  Honestly, there's no way he's getting a game ahead of any of your proper strikers. 

You can add 'absolutely NO left foot' to that list. 

As shown by his chance on Sunday when he elected to toe-punt the ball with his right foot when he was through coming in from the left. 

Edited by McTeeko

12 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

What's the bit about Hibs fans having something against him? 

45 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

What's the bit about Hibs fans having something against him? 

Some Hibs fans saying he's s**** and tagging his name in twitter so he sees the the tweets. Also some hibs fans were blocked by him on twitter. 

The reaction to the official twitter account says it all. https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/869479959009665024

Edited by SteveHFC

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Been plenty rumours but Blackburn saying they arent releasing anyone yet....

We have now been linked with a boy at Oxford, Lee Sercombe? Never heard of him, although if it was one of the ugly sisters looking to sign him the Record would be saying we had opened up our war chest and swooped to sign him, beating off a host of top English clubs.  

Liam Sercombe, seen him play a few times as Oxford are my wifes team and get dragged along there when i am down, reckon he would be a pretty decent signing for your lot.

I see Jamie Walker is leaving Hearts, no big loss there and would be as well cashing in as he is out of contract next summer.

58 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Liam Sercombe, seen him play a few times as Oxford are my wifes team and get dragged along there when i am down, reckon he would be a pretty decent signing for your lot.

I see Jamie Walker is leaving Hearts, no big loss there and would be as well cashing in as he is out of contract next summer.

Walker heading across the M8 to The Rangers.  Photo of him in with scarf at Ibrox a few years ago doing the rounds.  Agree, dont think its a big loss but there is now a bit of added pressure on Cathro to build a team, Neilsons picks (if it was him) seemed to do pretty well. 

Edit

Just had a thought, think of the penalties that Walker will be able to win at Ibrox! :spin:

Edited by giblet

1 hour ago, SteveHFC said:

Some Hibs fans saying he's s**** and tagging his name in twitter so he sees the the tweets. Also some hibs fans were blocked by him on twitter. 

The reaction to the official twitter account says it all. https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/869479959009665024

I was gutted when Darren Jackson went to Hibs from United.  I'm not gutted now.

7 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Bruno Alves in Glasgow for Rangers Medical. Even at 35 that's gotta be considered a good signing.

Given he's replacing 38 year old Clint Hill it's a great step to reduce the average age of the squad....

3 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

So Ryan Jack, Jamie Walker and Dorrans joining rangers?

Alves still in Portugal squads. Is he been offered a coaching role? Weird one to join rangers in the current climate.

Dorrans is another player that has been massively over-rated by some Scotland fans. A move to rangers would be another step down for a player on the decline. 

On 5/25/2017 at 8:02 AM, Jersey Jim said:

That's certainly a fear for us Saints fans, JR has brought a great feel good factor to our club for the first time in years, hopefully Aberdeen will look for a bigger name elsewhere.

Read today that Dundee are apparently looking at Ross, and Inverness might also be interested but the decision makers there are on holiday or something - surely he would set his sights higher than these 2 should he consider leave Paisley??