Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 112 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you'd bothered to read the whole post you'd have realised that comment was tongue in cheek, albeit factually correct. It was aimed at the same level as that to which I was responding. 

Try not to be so precious snowflake. ?

I think, assuming his legs still work OK, that he'll be a better signing than the ones he has replaced. 

See thats what I get for just jumping in on what looks to be the first mental comment I see :P There were lots to choose from.

He has just played 36 games for Cagliari so it looks as if he is still in good working order. I actually think he will be a good option for Rangers because, bar Clint Hill, the defence has looked woeful for large parts of the season. Someone with a good level of experience at a good level is definitely needed back there.

I also think Dorrans will be a good signing if he can get himself back to where he was a few years agor. On the basis of the last season or two he hasn't been there.

Alves, Dorrans, Jack and Jamie Walker would all be improvements on what was there last season.

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Celtic linked with Viktor Fischer now. This would probably put to bed to the Jonny Hayes story and to be honest makes more sense.

So no return for Roberts then? 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So no return for Roberts then? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts was back. I know Guardiola hasn't seen him in training but he has about £130m worth of wide players who would be obvious players who will play before Roberts. He's a good wee player but can go missing at times, even last Saturday he was absent for 60 minutes.

Citys choice will either be a mid table EPL club, if one wants him, where he might get a game, or regular starts and potential CL football at Celtic.

There's a Kyle Lafferty to Motherwell rumour on the Motherwell forum.

We couldn't get close to what he'd be looking for in wages, so unless it's for family reasons, I can't see it, but the Stephen Robinson NI connection, his wife (ex?) and kid(s?) being up here and him being at fir park a few weeks ago give the rumour a shred of credibility.

:lol:

52 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

There's a Kyle Lafferty to Motherwell rumour on the Motherwell forum.

We couldn't get close to what he'd be looking for in wages, so unless it's for family reasons, I can't see it, but the Stephen Robinson NI connection, his wife (ex?) and kid(s?) being up here and him being at fir park a few weeks ago give the rumour a shred of credibility.

:lol:

I really, really hope this is true as it'll finally put an end to the rumours about him returning to Rangers.  It'll also give me the opportunity to go back to Ibrox and give him proper dogs abuse!!

18 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Jack Ross confirms he will be staying as St Mirren manager, lump on the buddies winning the championship next season, trust me B)

Does that not mean that Ross is just potentially going somewhere else?!

Edited by SMcoolJ

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I really, really hope this is true as it'll finally put an end to the rumours about him returning to Rangers.  It'll also give me the opportunity to go back to Ibrox and give him proper dogs abuse!!

Randomly - I just saw a tweet of the Lafferty/Mulgrew incident when Lafferty went all Rivaldo.  Very funny (embarrassing for Lafferty).

I know that Hearts and Aberdeen are both chasing a loan deal for Greg Stewart - apparently, Rangers perhaps keen also. 

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Really hope he stays with St Mirren.......if you take my meaning......

And so do all Saints fans.

The feel good factor around the club since January has been the best in 20 years, the support has been tremendous with 1500-2500 away fans travelling to our last 5 away games.

Chatting to Hibs fans after last game they said it was the best support they had seen at ER for years [not size wise obviously but certainly for noise].

Season ticket sales are well up for next season, life is good right now.

As for your "meaning" I don't think he's a big enough name for your lot, if that's indeed what you meant B)

Nearly choked on my corn flakes earlier when I read the post about ICT being interested in Jack Ross.

How funny :lol: :lol:

It was stretching the imagination far enough to think he'd leave St. Mirren for Dundee, but that's just hilarious! 

1 minute ago, Jersey Jim said:

The feel good factor around the club since January has been the best in 20 years, the support has been tremendous with 1500-2500 away fans travelling to our last 5 away games.

Chatting to Hibs fans after last game they said it was the best support they had seen at ER for years [not size wise obviously but certainly for noise].

As for your "meaning" I don't think he's a big enough name for your lot, if that's indeed what you meant B)

It was!  I'm not implying for one second that Ross would consider leaving St Mirren for someone like Aberdeen, I do know however, him and Alan Archibald are high on the contingency radar.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

All these Mexicans and Portuguese for Rangers, has a feel of Dundee and the South American revolution about it...

If we sign all the Mexicans we've been linked with Trump will be over to build a wall round Ibrox!

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Hibs not offering Fyvie a new deal after he took too long to decide. 

cup winning legend :ok:

not good enough to be in the starting 11 (under lennon) and too good to be on the bench

best of luck to him elsewhere

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Hopefully you come up.