Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 85 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Have the CIA finally managed to get something on Trump that they can use to control him? I wonder what it is? We will probably never find out.

I saw that ex British ambassador fella on newsnight last night. He just never got a chance to put his points across. The posh burd newsreader just kept on interrupting him. Meanwhile the "the russians are khunts" spokesman got all the time in the world to say his piece. 

I sometimes find it hard to believe that the general public continue to fall for all this shit.

2 hours ago, phart said:

oh god Ann Coulter is making the same points as i did. no way.

Hmmm... Has anyone ever seen phart and Ann Coulter in the same room? 

I am not really keen on this writer at all but this article is actually quite interesting in places. Especially the stuff on what happened to the missing missiles. This is a possible explanation... the russians are particularly skilled in this area. It has a few other moments... 

My son perfectly summed up what Trump’s actions have resulted in: “those who hated him still hate him while those who supported him now also hate him“. 

http://thesaker.is/a-multi-level-analysis-of-the-us-cruise-missile-attack-on-syria-and-its-consequences/

Edited by thplinth

Ann Coulter was one of the first people to predict Trump would win and she was mocked for it.

She wrote In Trump We Trust about a year later i think.

Round 2 a day later.

She was right then and she is right now. 

(ps I do not like this person, she loved Bush II during all that business.)

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Have the CIA finally managed to get something on Trump that they can use to control him?

Do you watch the TV series 'Homeland'? The whole last series (which finished at the weekend) was about a newly elected president's behind-the-scenes battle with an all-powerful rogue CIA. You can't help but think the writers have taken inspiration from Trump's election.

China amassing soldiers on the North Korean border in anticipation of a pre emptive strike from the US

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/we-will-solve-the-problem-trumps-big-threat-to-north-korea/news-story/68936bf25f0f902dd52cd15cc4ce423e

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for Spicer over this :blink:.

What he was trying to say is fair enough, if a bit stupid. Some of the reaction has been ridiculous, people shouting holocaust denier is just pathetic.

agreed

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for Spicer over this :blink:.

What he was trying to say is fair enough, if a bit stupid. Some of the reaction has been ridiculous, people shouting holocaust denier is just pathetic.

But why mention 'Hitler' at all? It's just a meaningless analogy. The Whitehouse spokesperson blundering straight into Godwin's-Law territory shows the level of rhetoric that they're working at, and that in turn shows the pitiful level of intellectual rigour that lies behind it. The internet age has the Whitehouse it deserves.

It is obviously an innocent analogy and anyone who tries to portray it as something sinister or he is denying the holocaust (you what?!) is just reverting back to that lazy assed let's shout racist racist racist narrative we had just a short while ago. Total non story pumped up.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

It is obviously an innocent analogy and anyone who tries to portray it as something sinister or he is denying the holocaust (you what?!) is just reverting back to that lazy assed let's shout racist racist racist narrative we had just a short while ago. Total non story pumped up.

It becomes a story because Spicer's analogy enables it to become a story. Why draw the analogy at all? Focus on the case, and whatever evidence they think they have to support their case. Again, it's just the level of debate you'd expect from some random internet forum: it was that dumb (and anyone who's spent time in the States knows that Holocaust sensitivity is way more hair-trigger there than over here).

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If we sit up long enough we may see a (initially) conventional strike on North Korea .....

Tomorrow (15th) is the birthday of Kim Il-sung. Pyongyang'll likely let off a few celebratory fireworks or summat ...

My Gran was discharged from hospital yesterday evening, while I was waiting on the medicine to take home I saw the ITV News and the total nonsense they were spewing about Syria. Constantly references "sources" deep within the intelligence community. Have they got anything right? From stopping 9/11 to WMD in Iraq, to unlawful spying.

I can barely think of a worse source than the oxymoron that is "U.S. Intelligence".