Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 32 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

7 hours ago, phart said:

It's in the FBI report.

Here's some articles referencing it.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-hillary-clinton-aide-destroyed-phones-2016-9

https://www.wired.com/2016/09/actually-clinton-destroyed-phones-better/

" Clinton’s closest aide, Huma Abedin, and Hanley “indicated the whereabouts of Clinton’s devices would frequently become unknown once she transitioned to a new device”, the documents state. “Cooper did recall two instances where he destroyed Clinton’s old mobile devices by breaking them in half or hitting them with a hammer.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/02/hillary-clinton-emails-laptop-thumb-drive-archive-missing

Ah, I see, thanks. That makes sense then, and not really suspicious (the smashed phones thing). I was told years ago that you should always twat a laptop's hard drive with a hammer before ditching it as a safeguard against identity fraud. Dunno if it's true, but I've always done it.

37 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Ah, I see, thanks. That makes sense then, and not really suspicious (the smashed phones thing). I was told years ago that you should always twat a laptop's hard drive with a hammer before ditching it as a safeguard against identity fraud. Dunno if it's true, but I've always done it.

Nah, they have exact protocols on how to dispose of phones. Smashing them with hammers then forgetting where you put it isn't included in said protocols. It's the modern day equivalent of Ollie North shredding like a maniac.

My 2nd link explains why smashing it isn't even a viable way to protect/destroy information, or indeed bending it in half the other thing they did.

I keep trying to enjoy this presidential shit-show, but my brain keeps reminding me this is actually real and it destroys my hilarity.

Yeah, but presumably there are also protocols on not using private email servers for work-related, confidential emails. The smashed phones just seem of a piece with her general flouting of the rules. I'd mistakenly assumed they'd been smashed following a subpoena demanding their handing in, or some such.

I agree with you regarding the brain-fazing farce that this whole thing has become.

I think the email issue has had about much impact as it is going to on the election. My feeling is that where it matters the Clinton vote is solid enough to win her the election. A week to go, and a lot could yet happen, but the Clinton lead in the polls, though small, looks to be enough.

She is really in deep shit...

Some interesting comments about the White House and how they are reacting to this news.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5193201718001/?#sp=show-clips

And then this little tidbit...

I am wondering if Clinton will even make to election day at this rate. This is worse than Watergate. Crazy as it sounds I would not be surprised if she withdrew but probably as we are a week away she will just plough on and hope for the best.

Trump 'surges' to +7 in NC. I would get used to the words Trump and Surge. Mon the Trump.

edit: hmmm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/01/dem_strategist_clinton_should_be_in_panic_mode_over_enthusiasm_gap_with_black_voters_nothing_she_can_do_now.html

Edited by thplinth

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Some people dont follow Clinton on twitter, and thats important because?

It was supposed to be that Obama and a few other big name Whitehouse twitter accounts had unfollowed Hillary in the wake of the new email investigation but it seems like Hannity at Foxnews has apologized for running with it as it has been shown to be incorrect. If I knew anything about twitter I might be able to confirm or not but if Hannity has retracted I expect it is for good a reason.

Edited by thplinth

No. I like hannity at the moment. I like lots of people I previously did not. Like anne coulter who I previously disliked a lot. She by the way also predicted a trump win very early on. I am watching fox news because incredibly it is currently the most honest major us tv network. I am well passed news personalities and it is all about what they say. Hannity is good guy right now. Maybe tomorrow he will start talking pish again. Most of the othe fox news khunts are khunts obviously.

Edited by thplinth

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

No. I like hannity at the moment. I like lots of people I previously did not. Like anne coulter who I previously disliked a lot. She by the way also predicted a trump win very early on. I am watching fox news because incredibly it is currently the most honest major us tv network. I am well passed news personalities and it is all about what they say. Hannity is good guy right now. Maybe tomorrow he will start talking pish again. Most of the othe fox news khunts are khunts obviously.

Anything Hannity says can be found elsewhere.

To suggest that the current regime would unfollow Clinton is absolutely comical, they wouldnt do that.

Fox News is absurd, honest is never a word Id associate with them, and Hannity is probably the biggest arsehole going, he is nothing more than Trumps mouthpiece.

Eh? Obama and Michelle hate the clintons. And vice versa. It is totally believable if not true. :lol:

The only democrat of significance to support Comey was the President. I think he knows fine well she is fecked and is seeking to distance himself from her now.

650,000 emails was the tipping point. They know the weiner stash has it all... This is why Comey had no choice.

What can I tell you, Hannity is on to this. 

I also like Ruddi Guilliani now! Forgot about that whank. 

No no no, Rudy is unhinged, a truly disturbed individual now.

Perfectly understandable that the Obamas dislike/hate the Clintons, but in party politics, they need to act all nice towards each other. If it was Obama v Trump, it would be very one sided, even though Obama has been pretty poor.

Megyn Kelly is the only decent one on Fox, although O'Reilly is good just for the sheer comedy value.

Edited to say, Trump is going to win.

Edited by kumnio

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Megyn Kelly is the only decent one on Fox...

Edited to say, Trump is going to win.

C'mon now are you not letting Little Kev be the boss of Big Kev here? She is a nasty cow. Up there with that weasel ##### Andersen Cooper.

Although crazy as it sounds I think even she is looking at Trump twice now as in he may win... She is not daft I'll give her that.

Trump is going to win bar some mega shock. His momentum versus her's is really shocking, she has none he is gaining a lot of speed . You ever seen anything like this. What a crazy election. Enjoyed it. 

Maybe I have got this wrong but I am backing Trump. You got to go with your instincts.

Hey Mods any chance we can have a US election poll on this thread.

Trump or Clinton?

Just the two main candidates please.

(Otherwise it will just all be 'pose voting' for some no hope idealistic Bernie type whank and that tells us zilch at this point about the true contest)

16 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I usually like what thplinth posts but I worry about his state of mind if he truly believes Clinton isn't going to win.

Add anyone else for that matter.

You could easily end up with egg on your face

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/black-turnout-falls-in-early-voting-boding-ill-for-hillary-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Added to that is the Democrats only tactic in the next few days would seem to be doubling down on his alleged sexual abuse

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You could easily end up with egg on your face

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/black-turnout-falls-in-early-voting-boding-ill-for-hillary-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Added to that is the Democrats only tactic in the next few days would seem to be doubling down on his alleged sexual abuse

I could easily rattle my next door neighbour who's a 6ft tall big titted blonde but I won't....