Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Apologies if this has been covered,  i cannot be bothered reading 33 pages on this post, but is it correct that if , for example , an independent candidate won New Mexico and ultimately there was no outright overall winner of the election,  it would need to go to the House of Representatives and a 3rd candidate has to be chosen? Surely to god we wont have to go through all this again ? Or is this nonsense? I know next to nothing about american politics. 

The House would have a vote on it, Trump would probably win due to republicans probably holding more seats.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

A word of caution would be to remember the attendance differences between Yes and Better Together rallies...

Yeah because that election was a model of probity. I am going to stick with the logic that the candidate with huge crowds versus fhuck all crowds is the more popular. I don't see how you can interpret any other way.

I did not trust the Scottish No vote neither. I wish Scottish people had 1% of the suspicion and balls to say go fhuck yourselves establishment as Donald Trump has. If Trump fails I am giving up on Independence completely. Nothing personal but IMHO Scottish folk are 100X more tame than Trump so what chance have they got if he fails with all his resources... And even if he wins I still doubt Scotland can muster the balls for the fight. We are far far too nice and soft. Too diluted by emaciated PC wimps and Alan clones. Seeing the job done on Trump here makes me surer than ever I was that the referendum was the same con job. Look at what they have done to Trump with his resources to fight back. And yet you still get the same wet blanket SNP types playing along with the NO result like somehow tomorrow they will be invited to the party... they are worse then the khunts we are fighting. 

Trump is saying - the media have 'rigged' the vote through their unrelenting bias.

Well hello but did you watch the Scottish referendum. Totally 'rigged'.

It does not have to be dodgy ballots to rig it. We rely on a fair and honest press to inform the electorate. If they are corrupted are voters then going to go work out the truth for themselves or are they going to make bad decisions based on the lies?

It was supposed to be the 'fourth estate'. Now they are on a par with the secret police. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Trump is saying - the media have 'rigged' the vote through their unrelenting bias.

What about the email coverage ? She has been blasted twice with that

Clearly there is some bias but it is not all one way traffic

The email scandal was headline news for weeks (twice)

Well, he's claiming it's rigged over more than media bias - dead democrats voting was another, and he seems to have flip-flopped a bit over the role of the FBI...

The media I'm seeing (not that I look very far) is certainly biased - but as I was told on here during the referendum, unless you're living where the election is taking place you can't really judge. 'Tother thing is that this is nowt new. Most media outlets are under no obligation to be balanced. In the UK for years Labour had the Mirror / Record but not much else in the print media. Trump's got Fox News and plenty more outside the mainstream - how many voters get their news from the mainstream anymore?

End of the day it's two shit candidates that no amount of media hype can paint as anything other than shit. I'm becoming partial to a Trump win for the comedy value, but I imagine it's going to be more of the same old ...

Has there ever been an election where you badly want one candidate to lose but hope that the other doesnt win ?

What a ludicrous state of affairs

You can create your own electoral map on this page and play about with how you think each state will go.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Get your predictions in.

I see it being either very close with Trump getting 270 electoral votes versus Clinton's 268 or Trump will go passed 300 into the 308-320 range. Either way a Trump win obviously.

If you go with the state polls for each state Hillary would win 272 to 266 Trump. However if Trump overturned her smallest margin of state victory (In New Hampshire) Trump would win 270 v 268. It is really that close if you believe the polls.

Personally I suspect the polls will be underestimating the shy Trump vote. And if there was another 2% - 3% swing to Trump at the ballot box versus the polls on realclear then PA (20 votes) and CO (9 votes) come in to play for Trump. If it was another 2% then just about all the other toss up states could come into play for Trump and then it could be a potential landslide. (And of course the reverse equally applies for Clinton.)

Always had this feeling that Trump will outperform his polling on the day.To have it this close on voting day means I think this previously unseen shy Trump vote may push Trump's nose ahead of Clinton's just at the crucial point. There is only one poll that counts after all. Be cheeky as fhuck if he pulls this off.

Edited by thplinth

If Trump loses Florida he will struggle. 

Equally if Clinton loses Pennsylvania it will be a Trump win. If Michigan goes she will be really screwed. Trump landslide.

Cant shake the feeling I have had all along. This is going to be a Trump win and I think a significant one possibly a landslide. Unlikely I know given all the polling evidence. But that is about all she has on her side it seems so something is not adding up here. Time will tell.

The polling may be out in a number of ways. Yes, there may be significant numbers of shy Trump voters, but equally, early voting shows the turnout of Latino voters is substantially up on normal, particularly in places like Florida and Nevada, where they could swing the vote to HRC in what are vital contests. 

Reading between the lines on Fox News they look like they're trying to put a brave face on it.  Trump has lost according to the polls.  Most analysts saying 220 or thereabouts.  

Could be wrong though.  You never can tell.  Without being in america it's hard to tell the mood.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

There are few famous names on Fox News backing trump but the station itself is not (that is my distinct impression). Megan Kelly for one example... This is not a pro Trump station and yet this is the one that is listed as 'pro trump'. This is only because a few of its big names have backed Trump i.e. Hannity & O'Reilly. But this is on the 'Fox Insiders' site. The main news site is actually negative on Trump more often than not is my impression. For Trump to be this close in the face of such a wall of media bias is another sign he has real significant grass roots support unlike Clinton who is a media fabrication by comparison. No one turns up to listen to her relative to Trump. Even after Beyonce left so did the crowd.

On 11 October 2016 at 0:00 PM, phart said:

Why is no one talking about the flawed system that vomited out these two arseholes as the only candidates for the presidency of the US?

That needs fixed.

If Hilary gets in Syria and the middle east are fecked, escalation in hostility with the Russians very probable.

If Trump gets in the unelected government just wont play ball at all, the usual machinery of government grinding to a halt.

Seems the Nihilist party is winning the election.