Team For Germany Game. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Germany Game.

kmcca5

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the mentality of whatever team Strachan picks is important - more important than the players he selects.

It's an obvious statement but we cant allow ourselves to have any passengers which is always the worry when we have such physically small players particularly in key areas.

I thought the days of Maloney disappearing during games was over but sadly it returned on Friday and he wasnt alone.

The only way you can compete against the Germans is to have every bit as much arrogance as they do and thats what we need.

That gallous Scottish mentality

Brown has been criticised lately but his type of attitude is what we need for this particular game from all of them

Cant have any wallflowers and with the likes of Morrison in the middle of the park it's a worry

So thats it really - it has to be like the halcyon days where we might not have been the best team in the World but we thought we were

There is no other nation on earth that can do German arrogance like we can

Guess we will find out early on if we have it

I think the mentality of whatever team Strachan picks is important - more important than the players he selects.

It's an obvious statement but we cant allow ourselves to have any passengers which is always the worry when we have such physically small players particularly in key areas.

I thought the days of Maloney disappearing during games was over but sadly it returned on Friday and he wasnt alone.

The only way you can compete against the Germans is to have every bit as much arrogance as they do and thats what we need.

Brown has been criticised lately but his type of attitude is what we need for this particular game from all of them

Cant have any wallflowers and with the likes of Morrison in the middle of the park it's a worry

So thats it really - it has to be like the halcyon days where we might not have been the best team in the World but we thought we were

To be fair the khunt deserved it.

Apart from 20 mins against Germany and Poland Anya has had a poor campaign. After his performance against Georgia no manager can pick him for the next game. Morrison has been consistently shite and may have played his last game imo. That will be the only two changes fitness permitting. Fletcher and Forrest the likely replacements.

i recall someone on here saying that Anya was only decent against diddy teams ; when he first came on the scene - i thought by Germany away though this had changed , but watching him on friday was like little boy lost

i recall someone on here saying that Anya was only decent against diddy teams ; when he first came on the scene - i thought by Germany away though this had changed , but watching him on friday was like little boy lost

It's because of the way the game was played rather than Anya not being any good or hiding

He is most effective when we dont have much posession and/or defending deep.

He is a fantastic out ball - pure and simple - and will be better against stronger teams rather than "diddy" teams

In games where we have to take it to the opposition and he is being constantly marked tight or has a wall of defenders in front of him there is no point in having him on at the start

Playing on the shoulder of the last defender is what he is best at

Edited by Ally Bongo

Seen that on twitter, also suggested McArthur to start at well. Would make me think that one of Morrison on Naismith been dropped.

Line up like this

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Whittaker

Brown

McArthur

Anya

Morrison/Naismith

Maloney

Martin

Edited by bossman4

Seen that on twitter, also suggested McArthur to start at well. Would make me think that one of Morrison on Naismith been dropped.

Line up like this

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Whittaker

Brown

McArthur

Anya

Morrison/Naismith

Maloney

Martin

Robertson dropped for Whittaker is a joke if true.

Edited by SteveHFC

That was funny, there was only one Tommy gemmell,

Cmon the Scotland

How can anyone put Morrison in their line up........He is complete and utter pish, I don't care how well he performs in a mid/lower table epl team...............There is a reason he doesn't get a game for his own country.................HE WAS BY FAR THE WORST PLAYER ON THE PARK ON FRIDAY.

Agreed, he was mince and to be honest for Scotland the majority of the time he is utter dross. Never liked him as a player and think he is completely over-rated, McArthur or Fletcher should replace him tonight.

Would stick with maloney and probably fletcher. Drop brown and Hutton.

No chance he will drop his captain, but i do agree both Brown & Hutton were stinking on Friday. Whittaker may be a better option tonight than Hutton

The Sun are reporting that Chris Martin is set to start up front for us. I hope not mind you!

Would quite like to see Naismith start up front, good in the air for being a relatively wee guy.

Confident we can get the 3 points tomorrow ! :ok:

Please god no, that Martin has looked an absolute donkey so far. We need pace and movement tonight again their big carthouse centre halves & Martin has neither of those attributes

Based on a bit press speculation and best guesses, I think it will be

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

McArthur/Mulgrew

Maloney

Ritchie

Naismith

Martin

Note thats not my preferred starting line up, thats just the team I think will start tonight. I would imagine he is reluctant to make massive changes, no matter how pish we were on Friday so a tweak here or there is what I expect.

Only changes I see him making are Whittaker for Robertson, Ritchie for Anya and maybe Hanley for Mulgrew. Personally, I'd go with...

Marshall

Whittaker, Martin, Hanley, Robertson

Brown, McArthur

Maloney, Morrison, Anya

Griffiths

Fletcher, Hutton and Naismith need dropped, they aren't playing (regularly) for their clubs and need a reminder that they can't expect to be selected no matter how bad they are playing. McArthur and Griffiths are playing well for their clubs and Morrison is better in an attacking midfield position.

Count Duckula, on 05 Sept 2015 - 5:17 PM, said:

Let's get someone else on corner duty too. Maloney's delivery was awful last night.

It's been awful the whole campaign, from Georgia at home onwards. How Strachan cannot see that is beyond me. The one corner that Maloney didn't hit on Friday (Mulgrew did) was our best one by a mile.

runningtings, on 07 Sept 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Gordon

Whittaker

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Fletcher

Brown

Anya

Morrison

Maloney

Naismith