Team For Germany Game. - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Germany Game.

kmcca5

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Naismith is lacking games this season but he is one of our more dangerous players up front.

He didn't show that on Friday (neither did others I know) and why he didn't go to stick ball in net from Maloney's corner instead of jostling with goalkeeper was baffling. Hasn't performed well for us for a while and not playing for his club. 100% behind him being dropped

I know Naismith is lacking games this season but he is one of our more dangerous players up front.

Not that we have a ton of other options but he has 5 goals in 39 appearances for us. That doesn't scream "dangerous" to me. He is committed, works his socks off, is a nuisance etc but I don't have him in the "dangerous" category. Then again I don't have any of our attackers in that category.

If Morrison is playing further forward then it will be behind the front man as opposed to wide.

I have no idea who Germany will be playing wide right but I am going to assume Strachan never saw Malmo v Celtic.

Never seen Maloney have a good game out wide. Would've preferred to see Anya left and Forrest right if we're going with pacey midgets. Seriously worry about that back 4 against a good side like Germany

Feel sorry for Robertson. An easy option to drop because he's a young lad. Hope the experienced guys who should have been dropped prove why they weren't.

I think that S Fletcher doesn't work as the lone striker and needs a Rhodes or a Griffiths up top with him but the modern game seems to prefer one striker. The Anya cross on Friday night would have been tailor made for Rhodes

Whilst I agree that Fletcher is a better option than Griffiths on his own up front, for holding the ball up and linking the play, the best I've seen in recent years playing that role was Naismith away to Macedonia. I would like to see him up there himself again, very good in the air for his size too.

Seems crazy to me that Darren Fletcher doesn't seem to be getting a look in. He's played at a higher level than anyone else in the squad and he's enjoying almost the best run of games of his career so fitness isn't an issue. He's also guaranteed to be the most professional member of the squad and won't be intimidated by Germany.

If the team mentioned above is correct, that would make Fletcher fourth choice centre mid at best. That's crazy.

I'd have Fletcher in before Brown, Morrison or McArthur, not fussed which one misses out for him but since him and Morrison play together for WBA then it seems reasonable to pair them for us given how badly disjointed the midfield looked on Friday.

Guys I am not sure why we are doubting....I mean this is a team that is packed with goals.....

The Germany squad has 173 international goals in it. Ours has 35.

I wonder how long it takes us to score 173 goals? I'm guessing the 1980s

Edited by norsefox