Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games

Argentina78

Are there any songs about Griffith and looking like a Thumb? I never tire of hearing him referred to as "The Thumb." Though I'm not sure they'd be helpful to his performance if you're own fans were making fun of your appearance...

anyhoo back on topic

I now favor Griffith to start. The question was asked on the radio last night, who would you prefer to be given a gilt edged chance in the box?

For me it's Griffith, IMO Fletcher has already wasted too many, and I openly thinking he's been a huge addition to the squad this campaign with great striker link up play.

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tartan_Wolf, on 25 Aug 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Are there any songs about Griffith and looking like a Thumb? I never tire of hearing him referred to as "The Thumb." Though I'm not sure they'd be helpful to his performance if you're own fans were making fun of your appearance...

Thumb songs are probably about as helpful as folk not actually knowing his name.

The way I see it, if we win then we should have a good chance of finishing second; we need to beat Poland or Germany at home to do it.

If we draw, then we are pulled back in to the contest wi Ireland for third spot. Second still achievable but likely need to win all three of the remaining games.

I'm not talking about where a defeat would leave us. That p1sh will be left behind wi memories of the 2007 disaster

If anyone thinks Georgia isn't a must win they need their head checked. We need to rid ourselves of a draw away from home is a good result. Yes it is against the Germanys of this World but this is Georgia. Instead of thinking a playoff would be an achievement we should be thinking of automatic qualification

If anyone thinks Georgia isn't a must win they need their head checked. We need to rid ourselves of a draw away from home is a good result. Yes it is against the Germanys of this World but this is Georgia. Instead of thinking a playoff would be an achievement we should be thinking of automatic qualification

Spot on.

Georgia is a definitely must win game. Enough of this pish about it being a hard place and awkward team. Get the bar stewards rattled. I understand the management having to be diplomatic and respectful and also to take pressure off of the team but us as fans should be expecting a win, nothing less.

Careful now, don't stop facts getting the greetin faced sheep their boners.

Armstrong has stepped up to another level and proven himself and should start. Questions should be asked of Strachan should the thumb not start.

WGS tells us the Georgia game is not a must win.....really???

stepped up to another level and proven himself? what a load of sanctimonious p*sh. what levels that then? playing against the same teams each week as he did at utd? bar a couple of matches against some second rate european teams?

he was playing at a good level for utd for long spells and never got a sniff. facts? when was that last call up then? over 2 years ago, with no intention of being played and then ignored since.

usual bias as always. and greetin faced sheep? please.

We have done well so far to get good results against our main competitors - beating Ireland and not losing to them over there, not losing to Poland over there. To keep that advantage over them going we have to get the same result they did in Georgia, a win. If either or both of them had drawn over there then we could have possibly got away with a draw. They didn't, therefore we can't either.

You could almost pick two sides; an in-form team and a 'done well so far team' -

IN-FORM XI

Gordon

Whittaker...Martin...Berra...Robertson

McArthur...Fletcher

Ritchie...Morrison...Armstrong

Griffiths

- v -

Fletcher

Anya...Naismith...Maloney

Morrison...Brown

Robertson...Hanley...Martin...Hutton

Marshall

IN-POCESSION XI

I don't think I could have left Robertson, Martin or Morrison out of either side.

I expect the side will be closer to the 2nd team.

Fletcher

Morrison...Brown

Marshall

If that is not the team (Not including injury) I would be amazed.

I think Mulgrew will get the nod at CB against Georgia, but other that that I agree.

You could almost pick two sides; an in-form team and a 'done well so far team' -

IN-FORM XI

Gordon

Whittaker...Martin...Berra...Robertson

McArthur...Fletcher

Ritchie...Morrison...Armstrong

Griffiths

- v -

Fletcher

Morrison...Brown

Marshall

IN-POCESSION XI

I don't think I could have left Robertson, Martin or Morrison out of either side.

I expect the side will be closer to the 2nd team.

Is Armstrong more on form than Anya? Same with Berra and Hanley?

Fletcher

Morrison...Brown

Marshall

I reckon that starting line up is a pretty safe bet. It isn't the time for experimenting with our side at the moment.

Armstrong has stepped up to another level and proven himself and should start.

I'm not sure about that. He was outstanding for United for two seasons, hence why Celtic paid £1.75m for him. He's still good, but I don't think he's any better than he was six months ago.

sorry to quote daily mail. but even Armstrong thinks but he's had to up his fitness to play for Celtic.

‘I didn’t quite realise how hard the boys work until I came here,’ the 22-year-old confessed. ‘In training and the games, it’s phenomenal the amount of work we put in. ‘In one of the first training sessions, we played a big game. It was up and down – relentless. I was thinking: “Bloody hell – this is actually quite hard!”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2953098/Stuart-Armstrong-Relentless-Celtic-training-shock-system.html

Strachan seems to be convinced that you need to play regularly under crowd pressure to compete internationally. Case and point Aberdeen, have a very good team this season, not light years away from Celtic in terms of head to head in the league. But they couldn't compete in the euro qualifiers.

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

Fletcher

Morrison...Brown

Marshall

TBH picking a Strachan team is really hard, as he seems to go on players he knows who can due a job for him, rather than club form (ie sometimes he will chuck in a curve ball like Bannan starting in place of Morrison, or dropping Anya for Ritchie in Dublin, or finding a place for Mulgrew at the expense of someone else (even playing him in midfield unexpectedly) etc.....)

I think the team will resemble something of that shape, but I doubt it will be that exact team on the night.......