Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games

Argentina78

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose and were totally ####ed,don't lose still gives us a chance

Certainly that 1 point would be enough for third if Ireland get exactly the same as us from Germany and Poland.

I wouldn't want us walking that tightrope though. Fail to win in Georgia and it's out of our hands if we don't win the last 3 games.

We really should be looking to win this match. I can see why the staff are saying a win is not vital, but with Poland and Ireland winning here - we really need to keep up.

Although I don't see it as a lose/draw and we're out. We've still got Poland to come to Hampden, plus Ireland go to Poland - those games plus if all three of us can get anything from Germany will be the key in the end. We could draw in Georgia, beat Poland and Pol-Ire end up a draw in Warsaw, and still put us through.

Saying all that, I hope we go for the win. We should be looking at second spot. A win keeps us on form, matches our Polish and Irish opponents, and the good will factor about it.

It is a tough game, but so was Israel for Wales (and they won 3-0). I don't buy the over cautious, 'tough place to go' nonsense. The Faroe Islanders are proving to be a tough place to go, but if we want to qualify directly for finals - then we need to match our opponents, and win in these places.

Reasonably happy with the squad. Certainly settled and a few should be in's/out's.

One interesting exclusion though is Matt Phillips? I take it WGS doesn't rate him much? He seems to have been in form for a good few months, and is never called up even after injuries.

Fletcher subbed early for Sunderland due to injury... Opens the option to Strachan of moving Naismith upfront and playing Anya, Maloney and Ritchie behind him?

So long as Griffiths doesn't start. Going on tonights performance, not the right option. Not coming for the ball and linking things the way Fletch does

I think the team will resemble something of that shape, but I doubt it will be that exact team on the night.......

If he doesn't play that formation I will be amazed. Now is not the time to start f**king about with the shape of the team.

I doubt it too, whittaker is a cert to start IMO

I would be willing to bet that if Hutton is fit, he starts.

I want to qualify automatically not just have a chance of a playoff. To do that we must win.

so do we all but merely pointing out that my "not so much a must win but more a must not lose post is not as daft as one poster thinks who says its a must win a draw isnt enough

ideally we,d all like the win but a draw could be enough,a loss and were ####ed

Edited by Langtonian

ideally we,d all like the win but a draw could be enough,a loss and were ####ed

The difference in our level of ####edness between a draw and defeat isn't that great. We could still lose in Georgia and finish third if we take a point from Germany and Poland and the Irish lose to both.

Edited by Toepoke

Not 100% sure, but isn't that a automatic two weeks out regardless of how fast he recovers?

This is a good link with the FA guidelines. Every injury and player will be different, but what they do say is that "The player should not be allowed to return to play for at least 6 days after the injury (it often takes longer than this)"

He also needs to stay off of his XBOX.

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/head-injuries-in-football

This is a good link with the FA guidelines. Every injury and player will be different, but what they do say is that "The player should not be allowed to return to play for at least 6 days after the injury (it often takes longer than this)"

He also needs to stay off of his XBOX.

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/head-injuries-in-football

So effectively he is not going to kick a ball of any kind until a couple of days before a long haul flight right across Europe to Tbilisi.......

So effectively he is not going to kick a ball of any kind until a couple of days before a long haul flight right across Europe to Tbilisi.......

Could be. If that's a case, maybe he will stay behind and aim for the Germany game, or be ruled out all together. Has anyone seen any official news on his injury? I have only read reports saying he went off with what looked like concussion. Edited by EIFA10

A few things will be sure for the starting line-up against Georgia. Firstly, we will NOT start with two attacking full-backs which for me means Hutton or Robertson or perhaps both will miss out. I am sure Marshall, Brown, Maloney, Naismith, Anya, R.Martin and Morrison will start.

I think the team will be:-

David Marshall

Craig Forsyth

Russell Martin

Grant Hanley

Steven Whittaker

Charlie Mulgrew

Scott Brown

James Morrison

Shaun Maloney

Ikechi Anya

Steven Naismith

I think if Fletcher is out (or nowhere near match fitness) he will switch Naismith into the striker role (which he did when Fletcher was out before a couple of times and worked not to badly) then play Ritchie in Naismiths role in that attacking link-up line up beside Maloney and Anya.

Morrison and Brown I think are certs to start in midfield, and think he will continue what he did in Dublin with Martin and Mulgrew in the heart of defense.... I think the key question marks are if Fletcher is fit or not will depend on Ritchie starting, and which two full backs he goes for (I can see him starting Forsyth and Whittaker just as easily as Hutton and Robertson starting).