Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games

Argentina78

I really doubt Strachan would try anything like that.

Though he is taking both games seriously, to many changes against Georgia and if its a repeat of last time, that could be very costly.

Tbilisi is the big game, and anything against Germany is a bonus, so most his attention should be towards winning in Tbilisi, then take the Germany game based on that and what is available to him.

Spot on!?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taking the piss. Think I mentioned on here a couple of years ago that he deserves a call up and was laughed at...

It's fairly obvious that Strachan and McGhee only rate players in Scotland that play for Celtic. Nobody else gets close to a look-in, no matter your ability or form.

I realise of course that the only thing that's important is that we win, and nobody cares who's playing as long as we do that. But if you're playing for any team in Scotland outside Celtic, don't expect recognition any time soon.

It's fairly obvious that Strachan and McGhee only rate players in Scotland that play for Celtic. Nobody else gets close to a look-in, no matter your ability or form.

I realise of course that the only thing that's important is that we win, and nobody cares who's playing as long as we do that. But if you're playing for any team in Scotland outside Celtic, don't expect recognition any time soon.

Precisely. Armstrong had long spells of great football at utd but overlooked as always until he joined the Tims. Strachen is as bad as the rest of the west coast Mafia running our game. In a way it shows the full extent of their ability to spot a player when they can only do that if they are playing for a Glasgow club. The game in this country remains a joke.

Isn't the situation partly at least because of the reasonably strong squad we have these days?

Possibly, and that's something we are all grateful for.

It's impossible to believe though that if the likes of Forrest or Chris Martin played for Aberdeen or Dundee United, they would get a call up.

Very good squad with many decent players missing out.

However there appears to be a bit of re-writing history, on here though, with non-celtic based Scottish players being overlooked. Armstrong was in the squad when he was playing for Dundee United and this is his first call-up since joining Celtic.

Mackay-Steven was called up when playing for Dundee United and hasn't been called up since joining Celtic - not surprising, in the bigger games this season Deila has preferred Forrest.

Also Aberdeen's Reynolds has been selected in a number of squads by Strachan.

The number of non-Celtic Scottish based players worth a shout for the squad would barely make a five-a-side team. Shinnie, Paterson, Jack and it would be very generous to include Walker, Wallace, Bain or Christie.

And lets face it, none would come close to making the team.

Edited by Wolfgang Overthebar

All about opinions but I honestly think Ritchie's looked hopelessly out of his depth as well.

Doesn't look out his depth in the BPL. Far from it really.

Tbh, there's not many players in our team that look immensely comfortable in international football. Perhaps the keepers and maybe Brown aside. The rest always look jumpy and devoid of much confidence...

The rest always look jumpy and devoid of much confidence...

come on ffs, thats right Anya running in on the best keeper in the world against the world champions in their first games in their own patch and hits a perfect shot in to the corner, or maloney when he plays a nutmeg pass then cooly sticks it in the corner or andy robertson up against mcgeady with all the hype about him coming back to scotland

Edited by LewisEDI