Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad For Georgia And Germsny Games

Argentina78

Whittaker should definitely start at RB, with Hutton not getting game time and Whittaker paying all Norwich's games so far in same defence as Martin seems like a no-brainer to me but then WGS is loyal to players. Robertson or Mulgrew for LB? Would like to see Robertson myself.

Hopefully Rhodes would have been in instead of Chris Martin if fit.

Thought Dorrans might have made it but we are fairly strong in CM.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whittaker should definitely start at RB, with Hutton not getting game time and Whittaker paying all Norwich's games so far in same defence as Martin seems like a no-brainer to me but then WGS is loyal to players. Robertson or Mulgrew for LB? Would like to see Robertson myself.

Hopefully Rhodes would have been in instead of Chris Martin if fit.

Thought Dorrans might have made it but we are fairly strong in CM.

Squad as expected, thought Dorrans might have been close but competing in what is our strongest area.

Think Hanley will be doing well to get back into the team since Mulgrew and Martin done well enough in Dublin, Whittaker and Robertson full backs for me, certainly vs Georgia anyway.

I can see Strachan using more of the squad for these two games. Griffiths to start in Georgia but Fletcher to start vs the Germans

Against Georgia

Gordon

Whittaker R.Martin Mulgrew Robertson

D.Fletcher Morrison

Ritchie Armstrong Russell

Griffiths

Rest Maloney and Anya (Brown also) for Germany but if the game is a dud and we need a goal, bring them on at half time or with 30 to go.

Against Germany

Marshall or Gordon

Brown Morrison

Maloney Naismith Anya

S. Fletcher

If Griffiths, Armstrong or the others have a great game against Georgia, I wouldn't be opposed to them starting against Germany.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Against Georgia

Gordon

D.Fletcher Morrison

Griffiths

Rest Maloney and Anya (Brown also) for Germany but if the game is a dud and we need a goal Bring them on at half time or with 30 to go.

Against Germany

Marshall or Gordon

Brown Morrison

Maloney Naismith Anya

S. Fletcher

If Griffiths, Armstrong or the others have a great game against Georgia, I wouldn't be opposed to them starting against Germany.

I really doubt Strachan would try anything like that.

Though he is taking both games seriously, to many changes against Georgia and if its a repeat of last time, that could be very costly.

Tbilisi is the big game, and anything against Germany is a bonus, so most his attention should be towards winning in Tbilisi, then take the Germany game based on that and what is available to him.

Against Georgia

Gordon

D.Fletcher Morrison

Griffiths

Rest Maloney and Anya (Brown also) for Germany but if the game is a dud and we need a goal, bring them on at half time or with 30 to go.

Against Germany

Marshall or Gordon

Brown Morrison

Maloney Naismith Anya

S. Fletcher

Resting anyone against Georgia is a big no

For the first time in a while there are quite a few places up for debate IMO.

GK - Don't think Marshall has done anything to be dropped and is also now back playing for Cardiff, should be a cert.

RB - A lot seem to think Whittaker is a stick on but Hutton has started games for us in the past when not playing at club level.

LB - Possibly Whittaker at left back, Strachan liked him there in Poland, lots of praise afterwards. He may feel Whittaker playing LB while playing in BPL is better than Robertson or Forsyth?

CB - Mulgrew did well in Dublin but is on the fringes at Celtic, Hanley now back in the squad after injury. One of those two plays beside Martin.

Brown and probably Morrison will start holding, only other options IMO are Mulgrew or D Fletcher but hard to see either of those two left out.

S Fletcher or Griffiths up front? Or Naismith? I think Fletcher will get the start despite Griffiths early season form.

If Naismith not starting up front then its three from four from him, Maloney, Anya and Ritchie behind the front man. Maloney a cert IMO, probably so Naismith despite only 30 mins of competitive action for Everton so far this season and the choice is then between Anya and Ritchie.

IMO Marshall, Martin, Brown, Morrison, Maloney and probably Naismith, assuming he gets a wee bit more match time are certs with S Fletcher probably close to being a cert. After that a few questions still.

The reasons why I wouldn't start Maloney and Anya against Georgia.

Anya - Georgia will box out Anya and they will do the same to him as they did at ibrox. Where as bringing him on with 30 minutes to go will see him fresh and coming up against tiring legs. It also gives Russell a chance and he has been in great form.

Maloney - Given the insane amount of traveling he'll be doing there is no way he'll be able to complete 2 games in 4 days at 100%. It will also give Armstrong a chance and like Russell he deserves it.

The Rest.

Probably resting Brown isn't a great idea, but given how much much Morrison and D.Fletcher have played together you'd think they'd have a better understanding than Brown and Morrison.

Naismith has barely played while Ritchie is in great form.

S.Fletcher is in poor form while Griffiths is in great form

Disappointed that Shinnie hasn't been called up, he's head and shoulders above anything I've seen in a dons shirt for while and he probably deserved a call up last season. I can see why Strachan hasn't changed much though.

His final ball and decision making is very poor. I don't think for all his time on the ball and running he created one chance.

I'm no gonnae argue about him...fact is wgs likes him and is on record as saying he provides something different. If he has a big game tomorrow night he could be in!