Ok So Who Is Shitting Themselves - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ok So Who Is Shitting Themselves

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 months ago, the SNP getting double digit seats would have been great, now anything under 40 will seem to be a massive let down.

Im predicting 44, there isnt a hope in hell of getting over 50.

I will be so glad once Friday afternoon arrives, the last week has been awful.

Some guy on the Guardian website has been doing a video blog type thing, and its clear that the Scots are the new bogey man for Middle England. This 'country' is splintering significantly, and we are not to blame.

at the end of the day we're going to get some shitehawk Westminster government ruling us no matter how many seats the SNP get.Personally i'd like to see them get nearly 50 seats just for the shits and giggles not because I'm a Nat.

This. I have never given less of a feck about a Westminster election.

Consider 30 seats for SNP as a baseline.

If you think that's good, you may be a 'glass half full' nationalist, or a 'glass half empty' unionist.

If you think it's bad, you may be a 'glass half empty' nationalist, or a 'glass half full' unionist.

Baseline expectation for SNP should really start at 6.

I look at it along similar lines too. For me, it's about little milestones: first try and get six seats; then go for double figures; then try and beat the record (11 seats); then try and get into the twenties; then go for a majority of Scottish seats; then try and beat Labour's tally from last time. Anything else from there on is a massive bonus. :)

It would give me huge pleasure and stave off my curse of death on Scotland if Labour were annihilated but even if so it would be a hollow 'victory'.

Months after the No the voters are not now voting for anything like a Yes or independence, in fact quite the opposite, they are voting SNP because Yes has been explicitly ruled out. What cowards, yes the Scottish electorate have recognized how corrupt and ed the other parties are... but only now they feel safe that Yes is dead can they punish them at the ballet box by voting 'independence'. Booooooak.

Hard not to be carried away with the polls but there are some huge majorities in some of these seats.

Objective is a majority of Scottish seats, 30 out of 59, something the SNP has never ever achieved.

High water mark in 70s was what 11 out of 72 and they terrified the establishment enough to get first Devo ref.30 and holding the balance is better than 40 out in the cold etc.

I'm just hoping that we don't see a great result with a sting in tail e.g. not winning in Gordon

Edited by jockodile

Hard not to be carried away with the polls but there are some huge majorities in some of these seats.

Objective is a majority of Scottish seats, 30 out of 59, something the SNP has never ever achieved.

High water mark in 70s was what 11 out of 72 and they terrified the establishment enough to get first Devo ref.30 and holding the balance is better than 40 out in the cold etc.

I'm just hoping that we don't see a great result with a sting in tail e.g. not winning in Gordon

I'd happily sacrifice Gordon for a great result.

Salmond is a divisive shadow and bogey man that hangs over Sturgeon's reign ever so slightly. Him moving off into retirement wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

It would give me huge pleasure and stave off my curse of death on Scotland if Labour were annihilated but even if so it would be a hollow 'victory'.

Months after the No the voters are not now voting for anything like a Yes or independence, in fact quite the opposite, they are voting SNP because Yes has been explicitly ruled out. What cowards, yes the Scottish electorate have recognized how corrupt and ed the other parties are... but only now they feel safe that Yes is dead can they punish them at the ballet box by voting 'independence'. Booooooak.

Excellent post.

I'd happily sacrifice Gordon for a great result.

Salmond is a divisive shadow and bogey man that hangs over Sturgeon's reign ever so slightly. Him moving off into retirement wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Agreed

Just the usual.At every election I expect us to do well then try and kid on we did OK. A wise person told me that everything over 11 is an improvement however I really would like to see Labour wiped off the map as far as Westminster goes.They are a millstone around Scotland's neck.

I look at it along similar lines too. For me, it's about little milestones: first try and get six seats; then go for double figures; then try and beat the record (11 seats); then try and get into the twenties; then go for a majority of Scottish seats; then try and beat Labour's tally from last time. Anything else from there on is a massive bonus. :)

Other milestones would be overtaking the LibDems in Scotland... and possibly the UK

Guest flumax

As a resident of Gordon I would take a Tory as mp if you offered me 58 snp seats. Bye bye d&d Alexander, zelda and murphy, etc etc

Looking forward to it. Can't wait to get up, get ready for work and head for the polling booth behind my home at 7am to vote for Martin Docherty (SNP West Dunbartonshire). Get work out of the way, get a few bottles of plonk in and settle in for the show.

Poll after poll has been in our favour and the bookies are not usually wrong. Not being complacent, but if we get 40 seats then will be an incredible night.

Not quite over the hurt of September, but tomorrow will go a long way towards easing the pain.

11218496_10153248285266445_2220481541639

They are now referring to us in the same manner that they've been referring to Eastern Europeans for the past decade. Overt racism and anti-Scottish sentiment from the English media.

This will continue to ramp up over the next few years, with further complaining about those bloody jockos coming here and stealing our jobs.

The rhetoric and scaremongering will increase and we need to make our voice heard.

Spooky as hell, I started laughing a second before that guy did, the said is it fck, as he said for fcks sake.

Bitter twisted bastirds.