Ok So Who Is Shitting Themselves - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ok So Who Is Shitting Themselves

It would be tricky for the SNP to take that offer, given Sturgeon's quote about not putting the Tories in government, as well as the way she has tried to reach out to rUK voters in the campaign.

I think the only way would be to somehow strike a deal where a referendum on FFA is held, with a 'Yes' result seeing the SNP abstaining in a confidence vote on a Tory govt in Westminster. Whether this would be possible I've no idea - would there be an appetite for another referendum in Scotland?

There wouldn't need to be a referendum on FFA, it could easily happen by an act of parliament.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't agree - if Milliband was to offer Salmond deputy PM & a few concessions the SNP would jump at it. Equally, if Cameron was to offer FFA & the chance of another indyref, I think they would jump at that too.

No chance. Either would be the deathknell of the party. They're many things, but they've proven themselves very astute at politicking.

I've set pretty low expectations (30-40 seats) so Im not shitting myself too much. That said, I think 30-40 will be spun pretty hard as a decent result for Labour in the short term and a small part of me is nervous there will be a polling day collapse in the SNP vote (it doesnt have to drop far for seat numbers to drop substantially). But Im pretty confident my expectations will be met so Im OK with it. More than 40 will go some way to getting over September.

As long as the SNP stay well clear of being associated with the UK government, even informally, Ill be happy. I'd actually have no problem with a big SNP win and being utterly shunned or marginalised in negotiations to ensure maximum distance between government and SNP. If SNP do get offered stuff, they need to manage it very carefully and ensure they get explicit, specific concessions but have little overall involvement in the on-going government of the UK.

Roll on 10pm. This is the first of several political events that will help exorcise September 18th 2014. All nighter and a bottle vodka will keep tension to a minimum.

I would love love love it if Jim doesn't win the seat he's standing for. Long shot but we live in hope.

No chance the SNP will get anything like 50 seats. This is so the unionist media can report this as a fail and them only gaining XX seats, despite it being the best in the party's history.

I've done my bit though.

I've set pretty low expectations (30-40 seats) so Im not shitting myself too much. That said, I think 30-40 will be spun pretty hard as a decent result for Labour in the short term and a small part of me is nervous there will be a polling day collapse in the SNP vote (it doesnt have to drop far for seat numbers to drop substantially). But Im pretty confident my expectations will be met so Im OK with it. More than 40 will go some way to getting over September.

As long as the SNP stay well clear of being associated with the UK government, even informally, Ill be happy. I'd actually have no problem with a big SNP win and being utterly shunned or marginalised in negotiations to ensure maximum distance between government and SNP. If SNP do get offered stuff, they need to manage it very carefully and ensure they get explicit, specific concessions but have little overall involvement in the on-going government of the UK.

Roll on 10pm. This is the first of several political events that will help exorcise September 18th 2014. All nighter and a bottle vodka will keep tension to a minimum.

This, well except a bottle of whisky and beers instead of the vodka :-))

I am utterly crapping it about the GE results. I just cannot face another 19th Sept feeling. Although nothing will ever match that feeling, if the results in this election are way off what the opinion polls suggest I just can't face the thought of what things will be like.

I have a similar feeling of holding my breath as I did on the 17th Sept and am utterly dreading the wait for the results!

I know quite a few of the candidates too and that makes this election so different to any other I have lived through. I just want things to go well for all the people I know who have worked so hard.

Feeling very nervous have not been able to get to the polling station and will need to get there after work about 6pm

Nothing will ever match that morning in September your face mirrored my own!

Nothing will ever match that morning in September your face mirrored my own!

Judging by the occasional photos I've seen, either Lamia's let herself go a bit or you've had some expensive work done...

Guest flumax

Just had an SNP knock at my door making sure I voted. I Asked how it was looking. He wobbled his hand and said we should know by 4am if Eck's done alright.

Edited by flumax

Just about to go out for my shift at the Ratho polling station. Given I am of the burly persuasion, concerned Ruth my try and start rumours about me!

mis-read that as burly perversion.

It would have been more interesting that way ;)

Just had an SNP knock at my door making sure I voted. I Asked how it was looking. He wobbled his hand and said we should know by 4am if Eck's done alright.

I think Eck should see it through. It'll be tighter than maybe many predicting, but I'll go for SNP 41 Libs 32.