Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 442 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Surely they must have something behind this?

An actual investor at last? Like a proper one? 

That is my one straw to clutch at. Why would Gerrard come if he wasn't being given serious cash. 

It won't take much to make a major difference and at least put in a challenge to Celtic. 

Not saying we'd win the league, but at least make Brendan Rodgers sweat for his money. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That is my one straw to clutch at. Why would Gerrard come if he wasn't being given serious cash. 

It won't take much to make a major difference and at least put in a challenge to Celtic. 

Not saying we'd win the league, but at least make Brendan Rodgers sweat for his money. 

What do you mean. We WILL win the league. Its the natural order

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The gap between us and celtic isn't as important as the gap between us and the rest - thats what we need to focus on.  Some of our results this year from teams in bottom 6 have been abysmal.  We got humped in a few of them - more than 13 points worth.

Not really. None of the squad are his choices, he would have virtually no time to make his tactical changes and the inevitable struggle we've got coming up in the last few games would be used to tarnish him before he'd even started. 

Only an idiot would want to take over now. 

It's not Championship Manager. It's not all about signing players. If he backed himself as a coach, a motivator or tactically i'd have thought he'd want to get started right away. 

Also if he doesn't sign the contract he can back out if the agreed funds don't appear, would be my guess.

It's always about money with Rangers fans, isn't it? Not about better scouting or better coaching to improve players. Just "we need investment" :lol: 

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

What do you mean. We WILL win the league. Its the natural order

And gerrard will see to that. He has been a rangers man since the womb. That is obvious. When his mummy asked him for his first word he said we are the people and that was his first word i have been reliably informed.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

It's not Championship Manager. It's not all about signing players. If he backed himself as a coach, a motivator or tactically i'd have thought he'd want to get started right away. 

It's always about money with Rangers fans, isn't it? Not about better scouting or better coaching to improve players. Just "we need investment" :lol: 

And its all about the rangers with u kid 💰

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I love your style parkie. U dont give a hoot what folk thinl about u. The bile against rangers is funny though!

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The Celtic fans I know are bored and are looking forward to a challenge at last.  Only the bigoted and small minded would feel different.  Gerrard brings a new dimension to Scottish football which I am looking forward to.  It will give the like of Scotty and Parkie endless fun and something to fill up their lifes!!

God bless Gerrard. Here to stop 10 in a row and end bigotry. No end to this mans talent.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I was at that game and nearly ended up fisty cuffs with the pricks behind me who were booing him SQ.  Sometimes ashamed to be a Scotland supporter and that was one day I was.

Does "nearly ended up fisty cuffs" not just translate as "shat it"? 

Gerrard may or may not turn out to be a good manager. Its a gamble but the other options they have tried so far haven't worked. However, whether its Gerrard or Pep Guardiola, you would need a massive increase in performance to change the current squad into a good, challenging, team. 

A mate at work who is friends with the family has said Scott Arfield is signing, I am sure its already been rumoured, not like thats an exclusive. From his understanding, Arfield is taking a pay cut but he is also going to be one of the top paid players at Rangers. He also may or may not be a good signing. However they are going to need a lot more than Scott Arfield to close the gap. 

All of the above comes back to money. I would imagine Gerrard is going to be earning a decent amount, Arfield will too, players like Pena are supposedly on very decent contracts and will be hard to ship out yet there doesn't seem to be a much of an outlay from King and the board. The January transfer window shambles with players signed, loaned, loaned but have to sign later.....all sounds like money isn't readily available at Rangers....and it will be needed to close the gap with Celtic.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It is bringing a feelgood factor to me Mox.  And I am not trolling.  We have Brendan Rodgers up here who's stock is high and I believe a great manager and person.  We have Lennon who is controversial but proving to be a great manager and person.  McInness needs to get his finger out but I believe the Dons fans are excited too.  Killie have a great manager.  I think we can have a good league next year.  Sorry if I am being over optimistic.  I would love hearts to challenge but not while levein is there.  Never forgive him for Prague.

Correct. We can’t wait to see this latest implosion :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

Guest BlueGaz
20 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Gerrard may or may not turn out to be a good manager. Its a gamble but the other options they have tried so far haven't worked. However, whether its Gerrard or Pep Guardiola, you would need a massive increase in performance to change the current squad into a good, challenging, team. 

A mate at work who is friends with the family has said Scott Arfield is signing, I am sure its already been rumoured, not like thats an exclusive. From his understanding, Arfield is taking a pay cut but he is also going to be one of the top paid players at Rangers. He also may or may not be a good signing. However they are going to need a lot more than Scott Arfield to close the gap. 

All of the above comes back to money. I would imagine Gerrard is going to be earning a decent amount, Arfield will too, players like Pena are supposedly on very decent contracts and will be hard to ship out yet there doesn't seem to be a much of an outlay from King and the board. The January transfer window shambles with players signed, loaned, loaned but have to sign later.....all sounds like money isn't readily available at Rangers....and it will be needed to close the gap with Celtic.

You are right, it is a gamble, but I don't see who else they could bring in, money or no money that wouldn't also be a gamble.

I suspect, but could be wrong, that there is going to be a relatively speaking substantial budget, or else why would Gerrard take the job?

In terms of next season, the current squad as it is is irrelevant, next year it will be a shadow of itself this year.  

There is money available, how much I don't know, but its certainly there.  

I have said a few times, we don't need to close the gap on Celtic, thats not where we should be looking.  We need to be constantly beating St J, Hamilton, Dundee, Thistle, Hearts, doing better against Hibs, Killie and keeping it the same as always against Aberdeen.  We have far from achieved that this year, thats where the focus needs to be.  

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Correct. We can’t wait to see this latest implosion :lol:

Cant u get excited with your own team? U guys are super obsessed with the world record holders. Still i cant blame you. Envy is all it ever was. The new glorious revolution is starting on copland road. Explosion of publicity and talent coming toward the slopes of ibrox. Good times ahead