Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 445 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's not Championship Manager. It's not all about signing players. If he backed himself as a coach, a motivator or tactically i'd have thought he'd want to get started right away. 

It's always about money with Rangers fans, isn't it? Not about better scouting or better coaching to improve players. Just "we need investment" :lol: 

Absolute pish Parky. You can't make an instant impact with coaching alone. You need to sign a few better players, ditch the deadwood and then you can develop the others. 

Tactics can make a difference if your players are capable. A lot at Ibrox don't appear to be. 

I'd say another 4 or 5 players are required with at least that number going out. If we improve with each transaction then we'll get there. 

And scouting etc costs money and takes time too. 

Two weeks ago they were talking about finally taking action, they had opened their eyes to Kings deceit, they wanted the board gone.

That's now been forgotten about, everything is rosy again and The Rangers are back. They are the most spineless set of fans in world football and long may the fingers in the ears continue.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Mox said:

Two weeks ago they were talking about finally taking action, they had opened their eyes to Kings deceit, they wanted the board gone.

That's now been forgotten about, everything is rosy again and The Rangers are back. They are the most spineless set of fans in world football and long may the fingers in the ears continue.

It’s not forgotten you fuvkwit, him leaving / going is the only thing that unites all the fans. Today is just a nice break from the normal shite we are used to. 

Away back to your ‘Always Ultras’ and chat about tampons. 

Rumours going about that the huns are about to enter into a sort of Red Bull tie up and that's where the cash is coming from. The boy I was talking to was concerned about it as he seemed to think it would involve renaming the stadium or even possibly the club. 

Could be moonbeams of course but if you think about it it's probably the only way they could properly finance this unless some mystery benefactor has appeared. 😏

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Absolute pish Parky. You can't make an instant impact with coaching alone. You need to sign a few better players, ditch the deadwood and then you can develop the others. 

Tactics can make a difference if your players are capable. A lot at Ibrox don't appear to be. 

I'd say another 4 or 5 players are required with at least that number going out. If we improve with each transaction then we'll get there. 

And scouting etc costs money and takes time too. 

What about Steve Clarke? He's spent no money but completely turned the club around. Instant impact.

A good enough manager should be capable of doing the same for Rangers, given they have a better calibre of player than killie.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Rumours going about that the huns are about to enter into a sort of Red Bull tie up and that's where the cash is coming from. The boy I was talking to was concerned about it as he seemed to think it would involve renaming the stadium or even possibly the club. 

Could be moonbeams of course but if you think about it it's probably the only way they could properly finance this unless some mystery benefactor has appeared. 😏

Heard a similar story, as Red Bull see it as an easy route into European competition. Makes sense, but probably bollocks...

Need to call the Renfrew Blue Rangers or something.

:lol:

As for Gerrard, I think the rest of Scottish football would have more to worry about if he was coming to play in midfield.

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Heard a similar story, as Red Bull see it as an easy route into European competition. Makes sense, but probably bollocks...

As for Gerrard, I think the rest of Scottish football would have more to worry about if he was coming to play in midfield.

All sorts of rumours have been rife recently but that one tops it for me. There is a press conference on Monday apparently, so something happening. Maybe Stevie G resigning. 

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's bizarre that he'd rather wait until next season to take over, rather than back himself to make an immediate impact and get them 2nd place. 

Doesn't want to come up against Steve Clark in his first outing...  Can't be blamed for that!

8 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

🤣

He will be a much better, rounded person once completely built. 😉

😂😂😂

17 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

It’s not forgotten you fuvkwit, him leaving / going is the only thing that unites all the fans. Today is just a nice break from the normal shite we are used to. 

Haha ffs. Raging.

Double treble coming up in a fortnight, you'll be in tears.

17 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

What about Steve Clarke? He's spent no money but completely turned the club around. Instant impact.

A good enough manager should be capable of doing the same for Rangers, given they have a better calibre of player than killie.

Not inside 3 games it wasn't. And Clarke is a very experienced manager. That helps quite a bit in short term appointments. 

16 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The fans wouldn't wear a club name change but I've never understood the problem with the stadium. Fans will call it what they want. It's only the TV or radio that use the sponsor name. Easy money in my opinion. 

And if I had the cash I'd buy the club but I'd want King out first. I'd also make sure that every one knew what my plans were and they wouldn't mention unrealistic mince. 😀 

14 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

So is being the fourth best team in Luxembourg. 

😄

It feels like this is as much about selling season tickets and generating revenue as anything else. Like those who have appointed Gerard, I have no idea if he will be a good manager or not. It is the very definition of a gamble, and may be as much about placating the support after the dry humping by Celtic as anything else. Little if anything ever appears to be properly thought through and planned by those running Rangers. The past 48 hours have brought to mind the various quotations about fools not learning from mistakes and the definition of insanity etc. Time will tell, but the suspicion is that it is going to happen again, and too many in the Rangers support seem to be going along with it.

21 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

You're a f ucking moon unit.

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Pool Q said:

😄

It feels like this is as much about selling season tickets and generating revenue as anything else  

Absolute rubbish. We have been shite for 6 years now and still selling nearly all STs each year. We don’t need any stunts to sell tickets. 

18 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Articulate. If the tamb got rid of the likes of u it would be a better place and popular. Your quote above sums u up in terms of brain capacity. Drink your kestrel and clap your wee bulldog.

As for you, you're a nonce.

Edited by Mox