Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 439 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Traitor

About what?  Challenging for 2nd and getting to semi of Scottish?  And that's with a pish team and rookie youth team manager.  And Lennon in running for MOY in 4th.  Scottish fitba, you couldn't make it up.

Rangers are not that far away.  Decent big name manager and about 4 or 5 players and will challenge for title next season.  Then we can judge Mr King.  Until then we don't do walking away.

22 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers are not that far away.  Decent big name manager and about 4 or 5 players and will challenge for title next season.  Then we can judge Mr King.  Until then we don't do walking away.

Delusional cunt.

24 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Not sure if your at the wind up. If your not you should change your name to Rolling joints, your obviously trippin.

10 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure if your at the wind up. If your not you should change your name to Rolling joints, your obviously trippin.

Do you actually watch football?  Celtic are way in front of anyone and have been for years.  Rangers sit 3 points off 2nd after being banished to bottom rung of scottish game.  I believe that is progress.  If you don't then fine.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Do you actually watch football?  Celtic are way in front of anyone and have been for years.  Rangers sit 3 points off 2nd after being banished to bottom rung of scottish game.  I believe that is progress.  If you don't then fine.

I watch and attend lots of football, from junior to professional. I just don't understand how you think that 4 or 5 players will make a difference to the current Rangers team and make them challenge for the title. Personally i think they need a full clear out and new squad. Not 1 player i have seen lately imo is good enough and the last game i was at a team had 11 players plus subs not 4 or 5. Admire your positive outlook and welcome to the TAMB.

11 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

:lol:

It’s hardly a triumph for the underdog.

Team who have been 2nd biggest spenders in Scotland since they were in the 4th tier 6 years ago are now just about challenging for 2nd place.

53 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Does the manager need to be a big name?

I think this is part of Rangers problem and has been for 6 years.

They need a plan, a structure and better leadership on and off the park.

They don’t need to throw money at a big name.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Does the manager need to be a big name?

I think this is part of Rangers problem and has been for 6 years.

They need a plan, a structure and better leadership on and off the park.

They don’t need to throw money at a big name.

Game is about opinions.  Anything that gives Scottish football a bit of publicity and raises awareness is surely a good thing.  If Gerrard (or a big name) comes to Scotland I believe the whole of us will benefit.  I would say same about all other teams.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Game is about opinions.  Anything that gives Scottish football a bit of publicity and raises awareness is surely a good thing.  If Gerrard (or a big name) comes to Scotland I believe the whole of us will benefit.  I would say same about all other teams.

I wouldn’t disagree that the appointment of Gerrard would generate some interest from England and abroad.

Not sure it will necessarily be good publicity if it’s yet another Ibrox car crash, and not sure it would raise the profile of Motherwell or St Mirren in anyway.

Look at Joey Barton who has managed to spin his failed stint at Ibrox as somehow proving Scottish Football is poor rather than hI’m not being upto it. If Gerrard comes and fails it won’t be because he’s a rookie manager out his depth, it will be because it’s a tinpot league that wasn’t ready for him.

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I guess there’s no such thing as bad publicity, unless Gerrard is a complete failure.

id have thought the main priority for rangers would have been getting a good manager, as opposed to a big name. 

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I wouldn’t disagree that the appointment of Gerrard would generate some interest from England and abroad.

Not sure it will necessarily be good publicity if it’s yet another Ibrox car crash, and not sure it would raise the profile of Motherwell or St Mirren in anyway.

Look at Joey Barton who has managed to spin his failed stint at Ibrox as somehow proving Scottish Football is poor rather than hI’m not being upto it. If Gerrard comes and fails it won’t be because he’s a rookie manager out his depth, it will be because it’s a tinpot league that wasn’t ready for him.

Unfortunately game is about publicity in this era.  Don't think you can compare joey barton with Steven Gerrard though.  Although Joey Barton would.

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I guess there’s no such thing as bad publicity, unless Gerrard is a complete failure.

id have thought the main priority for rangers would have been getting a good manager, as opposed to a big name. 

I agree but Gerrard has been a winner all his career.  A bit of his mental toughness combined with a decent coach like McAllister would be better than any previous incumbents at Rangers in recent years.  Only in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I agree but Gerrard has been a winner all his career.  A bit of his mental toughness combined with a decent coach like McAllister would be better than any previous incumbents at Rangers in recent years.  Only in my opinion.

And as I am sure everyone on the TAMB would agree Scotland needs a strong Rangers.

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

True, it’s a gamble but might pay off, I suspect he’s on a hiding to nothing and will last less than a year 

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

True, it’s a gamble but might pay off, I suspect he’s on a hiding to nothing and will last less than a year 

Well if you suspect it then that's it then. Not heard from the Aberdeen Oracle yet though.  It's HIS opinion that counts.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Fuck me man, theres junkies who arent this daft.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I thought that Rangers went out of the league setup when they were liquidated then were allowed to rejoin at Tier Four when the rest of the clubs voted to allow them back in.

Is that wrong?

The elephant in the room is what happens if Gerrard decides it's not for him ?

After McInnes saying No where does that leave them ?

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

About what?  

Sevco haven't learned from the demise of Rangers.

King is always in court, the board is tapped out, next season's books are all but spent, and the club is surviving on extortionate 'pay day' loans.

Rangers are not that far away.  Decent big name manager and about 4 or 5 players and will challenge for title next season. 

Sevco only need to spend a few million to challenge for second, but they'll have to spend at least 50 million to try to overtake Celtic.

(I'm trying hard to think of any more than 3 players that I'd keep.)

Do you actually watch football?  Celtic are way in front of anyone and have been for years.  Rangers sit 3 points off 2nd after being banished to bottom rung of scottish game. I believe that is progress.

Sevco took 4 years to get back into the top flight and have nothing major to show for their 'journey'.

They haven't even finished second in the top tier.

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And as I am sure everyone on the TAMB would agree Scotland needs a strong Rangers.

Attendance figures in the top flight actually increased when they were away.

11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Traitor

About what?  Challenging for 2nd and getting to semi of Scottish?  And that's with a pish team and rookie youth team manager.  And Lennon in running for MOY in 4th.  Scottish fitba, you couldn't make it up.

About him being a glib and shameless liar. About him having no money. About him not investing money in the club. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

About him being a glib and shameless liar. About him having no money. About him not investing money in the club. 

Fresh investment coming in so things are looking great just now.  If Gerrard takes over this will be bigger than the 'glorious Souness revolution'.  See what I did there?