Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know what is more fecking embarassing, the fact that Black some how got a game for Rangers, or the fact that Black some how got a game for Scotland, both decisions totally baffle me.

He was selected as was McLeod by the SFA not Strachan to appease Scotland fans who support Rangers. There is big money in merchandise and tickets for the Hampden beaks.

Don't talk pish

They're not selected because they are good enough, no chance. The coffers need to be looked after at Hampden so it's why they try to keep both sides of the ugly sisters on side due to the huge supports. The same reason they picked Ibrox for the Georgia game.

They're not selected because they are good enough, no chance. The coffers need to be looked after at Hampden so it's why they try to keep both sides of the ugly sisters on side due to the huge supports. The same reason they picked Ibrox for the Georgia game.

Take it that's what McGregor and Paterson were called up too? McLeod's not any "worse" than them.

Take it that's what McGregor and Paterson were called up too? McLeod's not any "worse" than them.

I'd agree with you. McGregor was a joke. The goals Stevie May rattled in at Saints and didn't get a sniff compared to McGregor scoring a couple and getting right into the squad.

Nothing to do with it being the 2nd biggest available stadium?

Jeezo man, you are mental.

The Scottish Professional Football League will collect a £1m windfall at the expense of Rangers should the Glasgow club be forced into the promotion play-offs because of a rule that entitles the governing body to 50% of gate receipts for those matches. (The National, print edition)

I know the result was poor and we are all disapointed 2 nil up to lose 3 two is even worse everyone has an opinion if its right or wrong some people want coisty and the backroom staff out but why would you want the glue that has held us together out the club that's of course coisty when the club is still in so much uncertainty he will get it right but to much fighting with each other does not help just my thoughts cheers

I know the result was poor and we are all disapointed 2 nil up to lose 3 two is even worse everyone has an opinion if its right or wrong some people want coisty and the backroom staff out but why would you want the glue that has held us together out the club that's of course coisty when the club is still in so much uncertainty he will get it right but to much fighting with each other does not help just my thoughts cheers

Well said Charlie. :ok:

Indeed - buy that man another pint.

Let's hear more from Bomber, the Flying Pig, DFDJ & all the rest - Super Ally needs your words of support!

Charlie Miller

1 hr · BlackBerry Smartphones App ·

Charlie loves punctuation.

Castlemilk education system must be pwowd.

The Scottish Professional Football League will collect a £1m windfall at the expense of Rangers should the Glasgow club be forced into the promotion play-offs because of a rule that entitles the governing body to 50% of gate receipts for those matches. (The National, print edition)

Somebody in the paper or the SPFL has had the Seville calculator out. If they come second they will get one home match, so that is going to generate £2m in gate reciepts after tax which means 50,000 at £50 a head? :um-no:

Oh, its a terrible rule and typical of the way the game is run.

Edited by johnnie x

What a ridiculous rule.

Did the clubs ever challenge it?

Somebody in the paper or the SPFL has had the Seville calculator out. If they come second they will get one home match, so that is going to generate £2m in gate reciepts after tax which means 50,000 at £50 a head? :um-no:

Oh, its a terrible rule and typical of the way the game is run.

Rangers could theoretically play 6 play off matches, and 4 is very realistic.

Presuming it's the same as last year, as it stands it would be....

1. Queen of the south v Hibs

2. Winner of game 1 v Rangers

3. Winner of game 2 v StMirren

Most likely scenario will see rangers play hibs over 2 legs at some point, which will probably sell out, or pretty close to it.

If rangers win they'd then face the 11th place premiership side over 2 legs.

Not to mention the possibility rangers slip to 3rd in the championship.