Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 48 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Trying to sign him would be more accurate. I believe United used the established route of transfer tribunal when a fee couldn't be agreed for a young player available under freedom of contract.

Whilst also trying to be smart arses and suggesting the "new club" nonsense which has amusingly (and predictably) jumped up and punched Thompson in his smarmy, mouthy face. :)

I would agree with the smarmy bit, but not the stealing. Made me chuckle though.

I suppose the rubber-stamping of Rangers as a continuation of the old club should make sure that it's a 25 point deduction at the next insolvency event.

Edited by adamntg

Trying to sign him would be more accurate. I believe United used the established route of transfer tribunal when a fee couldn't be agreed for a young player available under freedom of contract.

And without meaning to use semantics, it wasn't United who used the route of a tribunal, it requires both parties to disagree for that to happen. If the buying club makes an acceptable offer in the first place. then the more established route of offer and acceptance comes into play first.

The reason I bring that up isn't to be a wide-o, more to highlight that I can't imagine that Rangers would be all that difficult to negotiate with these days and therefore perhaps by going to a tribunal, Utd have ended up paying more than they needed to?

Edited by thewolf_1980

And without meaning to use semantics, it wasn't United who used the route of a tribunal, it requires both parties to disagree for that to happen. If the buying club makes an acceptable offer in the first place. then the more established route of offer and acceptance comes into play first.

Not theft though, is it?

Why did David Murray not go to Ticketus to pay off the Lloyds debt? He could have done what Whyte did but above board... and then waited out the BTC result.

So why sell to Whyte for a quid BEFORE the BTC was decided? The BTC is not a disease, Murray Group either had the same EBT tax issue or it did not. It was not going to 'catch it' from the RFC case.

So why ditch RFC for a quid to a (there is only going to be one outcome) vulture like Whyte? Either you can be specific about why or you don't know. I have never heard a convincing explanation.

The curious thing about Whyte was there was no pretense at running RFC properly and then 'valiantly succumbing' to administration if and when the BTC was lost. No Whyte immediately stripped out the assets and stopped paying all bills even to HMRC. This was the guy Murray hand picked. The best guy he could find... Despite the fact bloggers could work out he was well dodgy from almost the start.

edit: And then this well dodgy dude hand picks Green, another 'character'.

The whole chain is dubious.

Edited by thplinth

The curious thing about Whyte was there was no pretense at running RFC properly and then 'valiantly succumbing' to administration if and when the BTC was lost. No Whyte immediately stripped out the assets and stopped paying all bills even to HMRC. This was the guy Murray hand picked. The best guy he could find... Despite the fact bloggers could work out he was well dodgy from almost the start.

edit: And then this well dodgy dude hand picks Green, another 'character'.

The whole chain is dubious.

Thanks for the insight Sherlock.

Edited by Larky Masher

I think history will reflect very differently on the major players here.

Whyte is seen as a master criminal who duped everyone when in reality he was nothing but a chancer. Shady as but nothing more than an asset stripper.

Green is a criminal. Also shady as but went in with the intention to commit a crime through pilfering off as much money as physically possible. The cash burn under his relatively short term in charge is eye watering. He is the person the Rangers fans should be chasing.

Whilst also trying to be smart arses and suggesting the "new club" nonsense which has amusingly (and predictably) jumped up and punched Thompson in his smarmy, mouthy face. :)

Hmm, apparently rangers claims that Utd tried to use the 'new club' claim is untrue...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-forced-u-turn-charlie-telfer-4778953

Hmm, apparently rangers claims that Utd tried to use the 'new club' claim is untrue...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-forced-u-turn-charlie-telfer-4778953

Seems like Rangers overstated the use of the new club argument by Dundee United - see quote from Steven Thompson.

Thompson later told BBC Scotland: "We did not use the two years old scenario as quoted." So it was used in some respect.

So, more poison from the govan based club. Why doesn't that surprise me, I am struggling every year to work out why anyone would support this football team. It really is rotten to the core.

So, more poison from the govan based club. Why doesn't that surprise me, I am struggling every year to work out why anyone would support this football team. It really is rotten to the core.

As with most loyal fans, support is in the blood.

Don't suppose anyone is going to stop supporting their team because some tangerine tadger doesn't like them. :guitar::wink2:

Seems like Rangers overstated the use of the new club argument by Dundee United - see quote from Steven Thompson.

Thompson later told BBC Scotland: "We did not use the two years old scenario as quoted." So it was used in some respect.

Not the way I'd read it but you keep grasping at those straws.

Well no, not necessarily.

You could read that as "it was quoted that we used the two years old scenario, however we did not"