Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's one for the bears:

Is McCoist so deluded he thinks he's doing a guid job / honestly is the man to take them forward

or

Is McCoist a greedy bassa who will quite happily walk away as long as he gets paid in full

I actually can't tell now. His ramblings suggest one thing, but he's that sly it suggests another.

I'd like to think it's the former as I can't see how he can need the money but if it is he's deluded.

I'd like to think it's the former as I can't see how he can need the money but if it is he's deluded.

It's a right pickle now.

He won't go, the club can't afford to sack him & it doesn't seem like enough bears will protest about him to force the issue one way or the other.

Bumbling along & hoping for the best looks like the solution.

I think McCoist still must think he has it in him to successfully manage Rangers despite what the last 2 1/2 seasons have shown. I also think he feels he would be in some way betraying them if he did walk out, after his whole "don't do walking away" stance at the start of Div 2. Where as he would actually be doing them a favour by resigning.

I think McCoist still must think he has it in him to successfully manage Rangers despite what the last 2 1/2 seasons have shown. I also think he feels he would be in some way betraying them if he did walk out, after his whole "don't do walking away" stance at the start of Div 2. Where as he would actually be doing them a favour by resigning.

It's not just this last 2 and a half years though.

He chucked away a huge lead in the season Oldcot went into admin too.

cue the music

I agree with this. I think a large part of it will be that he feels a sense of duty or responsibility towards the fans and probably the squad. While he might not think he's the best man for the job I think there will be a part of him possibly thinking of who it might be if he does go and the ramifications of that for the club. Better the Devil you know and all that.

It's not just this last 2 and a half years though.

He chucked away a huge lead in the season Oldcot went into admin too.

If I remember rightly it wasn't that big a lead. Think it might have been 12 points at one stage but Celtic had 2 games in hand?

Nothing to do with it being the 2nd biggest available stadium?

Jeezo man, you are mental.

Look at how pissy the soft buggers get over something tiny? All this "Ah'm no' goin'" because the SFA are Tims/Bluenoses(delete as applicable).

That reflects big money for the SFA's coffers. It's being going on for a hundred years and it won't stop now.

I agree with this. I think a large part of it will be that he feels a sense of duty or responsibility towards the fans and probably the squad. While he might not think he's the best man for the job I think there will be a part of him possibly thinking of who it might be if he does go and the ramifications of that for the club. Better the Devil you know and all that.

I would have also added that he may have felt that he had a responsibility to at least keeping a fans eye on the goings on within Rangers but I think its now obvious that he is powerless to influence any of that. Smith realised that pretty soon and baled rather than stick around and become increasingly fecked off at what was happening. McCoist may be keeping an eye on it but he doesn't have the influence to change any of it.

If I remember rightly it wasn't that big a lead. Think it might have been 12 points at one stage but Celtic had 2 games in hand?

That's my recollection too, one of the games in hand being at home to whoever was bottom of the league at the time too (plus two old firm games at Parkheid and only one at Ibrox) but those facts rather tarnish the historical amusement of the story so are often conveniently omitted...

McCoist must go, by the way.

Edited by thewolf_1980

What's your thoughts?

My thoughts are that McCoist was an amazing player for Rangers and a big fan of the club and will always be a legend in that respect. However he is totally out of his depth in regards to management. He is tactically inept, as we only ever seem to play one style of football with one formation. He signs overpaid journeymen when we could have developed youth for the last 3 years like Hearts. Which not only be good for us but the national team in the coming years. The only prospect we have right now is Lewis MacLeod. One youth player has come out of this disastrous spell under McCoist, which in my eyes, is wholly unacceptable and he has to go!!

But we can't afford that, so we ponder on with what we've got into the abyss.

My thoughts are that McCoist was an amazing player for Rangers and a big fan of the club and will always be a legend in that respect. However he is totally out of his depth in regards to management. He is tactically inept, as we only ever seem to play one style of football with one formation. He signs overpaid journeymen when we could have developed youth for the last 3 years like Hearts. Which not only be good for us but the national team in the coming years. The only prospect we have right now is Lewis MacLeod. One youth player has come out of this disastrous spell under McCoist, which in my eyes, is wholly unacceptable and he has to go!!

But we can't afford that, so we ponder on with what we've got into the abyss.

I'd agree with that. I can't wait till a 3-4 years in the future when we can start thinking of McCoist the legend again as opposed to the embarrassment he currently is.

Here's a thought though. Place McCoist on gardening leave. Get shot of McCulloch, Black, Smith, Simonsen, Shiels, Templeton. That'll free up the guts of £40K for a group of players who on the whole wouldn't be missed. From that £40K a week (£2M pa) go out and get a young, hungry manager. Maybe use the remaining senior pros like Miller in a coaching capacity. Then we have a new management team without actually having to pay McCoist off with no financial hit.