Scotland v Northern Ireland Match Thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Northern Ireland Match Thread

Tartan blood

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

100% about McTominay and Christie, makes no sense. Get them swapped around

Christie appears to have lost a yard of pace; it's clear why he's now playing deeper for Bournemouth.

We were a bit better when Armstrong came on (let's face it, we couldn't have been much worse) but that's where a genuine wide player would come in handy. Only trouble is, apart from the injured Ryan Fraser we don't have one.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Ah good let’s hear what Shelly Kerr has to say on it.

Anyone else think she looks like Michael Keatons Beetleguise 

Mibee. Still wid though. 😶

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson and Shankland apart, no-one seemed to be on their toes looking for the ball. Patterson might politely be described as rusty.

i dunno - it’s as if the main aim for most of them was not to get injured, particularly after it happened to Robertson. Just a money-making exercise for the SFA - and they’ll need it after coming up with that bowfin’ kit.

Clarke will still start Christie v Germany.

4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I’ve never been to Last Night at the Proms - but now I don’t feel the need. 

When they weren't giving it last night at the proms they were like the crowd at the Ally pally during the world darts championships. 

Worryingly poor. We look like a different team than one of six months ago. Plenty of possession but no creativity. They scored from a Patterson howler and parked the bus. Game over.

What loathsome, confrontional slaves to the English wankers they are. Odious tossers.

I'm a big believer that in most football matches the team that wants it most, usually wins and that was the case tonight. We played the game like a friendly whereas Northern Ireland played it like a competitive match. They were closing us down better and flying into tackles.

Worryingly though we look devoid of anything up front. We really have one of the worst options up front in the whole of Europe.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Worryingly poor. We look like a different team than one of six months ago. Plenty of possession but no creativity. They scored from a Patterson howler and parked the bus. Game over.

What loathsome, confrontional slaves to the English wankers they are. Odious tossers.

What a strange comment. To what are you referring?

Shockingly poor tonight. Back to the old days where we think possession equals control. NI were comfortable.

Everytime we got the ball in midfield our 1st thought was the safe pass backwards.

Dykes has a role to play but it has to be from the bench. McGinn is such a strange player. So often does nothing and then scores or creates a goal however when he doesnt score or create he is often very poor. 

Said it on Friday but Patterson has zero confidence.

Personally I didnt think Ferguson did much. 

We were crying out for wingers tonight. Armstrong did well when he came on but it was a game where it wouldnt matter if we lost the in the final third as they had loads of players behind the ball but we just seemed like we didnt want to run at defenders and commit them.

18 minutes ago, daviebee said:

There's not one single positive to take from that load of utter honking SH*TE.  Not one.

Clearly we can't break down teams that are set up to play us on the counter and when we set up like that, e.g. Friday night, we're prone to getting fkin murdered.  I can usually find something to be optimistic about, but not after watching that complete and utter total p*sh.

I have to agree with this.  We just were just not  good enough and it was arguably the worst atmosphere I have experienced in years. 
I could also have happily throttled every single NI fan. It was like listening to England. 

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Shockingly poor tonight. Back to the old days where we think possession equals control. NI were comfortable.

Everytime we got the ball in midfield our 1st thought was the safe pass backwards.

Dykes has a role to play but it has to be from the bench. McGinn is such a strange player. So often does nothing and then scores or creates a goal however when he doesnt score or create he is often very poor. 

Said it on Friday but Patterson has zero confidence.

Personally I didnt think Ferguson did much. 

We were crying out for wingers tonight. Armstrong did well when he came on but it was a game where it wouldnt matter if we lost the in the final third as they had loads of players behind the ball but we just seemed like we didnt want to run at defenders and commit them.

We were far too pedestrian in.our build up play. On odd moments we broke with pace is when we looked mildly threatening but even when we got into good posotions pur final ball was rank.

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have to agree with this.  We just were just not  good enough and it was arguably the worst atmosphere I have experienced in years. 
I could also have happily throttled every single NI fan. It was like listening to England. 

I didn’t go tonight, partly because they are horrific and make my blood boil and partly because I feel I’ve already spent enough on Scotland FC this year!

2 minutes ago, davefaekofta said:

Put it off,disappointed,watched Wales v Poland ,proper game,both far more positive and energetic than us,full of movement and pace,exactly what we lack 

Yes indeed, thank you Wales for cheering me right up 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Best team won, played out their skins.

Well said. Nobody on the thread has mentioned how well the Nordies played.

I noted their players were going down with cramp on 74 mins. They were knocking their pans oot (and injuring our captain in the process). No wonder i wanted Tierney rested tonight.

It was like a Euro playoff for them.

Fair play to Michael O'Neil. He'll be successful with them again

1 minute ago, King Of Paisley said:

He's referring to the Sash Bashing morons from across the pond. Would stake the title deeds on plenty of Glasgow accents in amongst them. Bigoted fucks

Yup. They showed their colours with their 'Fuck the SFA' chant. And when teams were named noted higher boos for Celtic players and mild cheers for ex Rangers players. Plus a number actually wearing blue tops.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Best team won, played out their skins.

Both teams were shit but fuck me, they are utter gash, score a goal gifted by us then don't touch the ball again. If that's playing out of your skin, I'd rather not bother.

56 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

When he first broke through he was superb in Europe with Rangers but clearly something has happened to him.

Everton and Dyche. His confidence is absolutely shot at the minute. Scared to bomb on and not make mistakes but nonetheless ends up making them. I feel sorry for the lad.

1 minute ago, todd said:

Both teams were shit but fuck me, they are utter gash, score a goal gifted by us then don't touch the ball again. If that's playing out of your skin, I'd rather not bother.

Extremely limited players, that played out their skin.

Just now, Hertsscot said:

Everton and Dyche. His confidence is absolutely shot at the minute. Scared to bomb on and not make mistakes but nonetheless ends up making them. I feel sorry for the lad.

Yes I go with that. I think Clarke played him in the hope of chance of building confidence but it did not work.

3 minutes ago, todd said:

Absolutely. Whatever they were, good is no it.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Bad night at the office. All the possession in the world but done nothing with it. 

Our record in friendlies is piss poor so I won't lose too much sleep about it

Our record at tournaments isn’t exactly stellar either. 

Good wins vs Gibraltar and the Finns is required. 

J