Injury Watch - Page 24 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McTominay doesn’t make it then I think we’ve had it. I suppose he’s fit enough that he could still have a chance right up until the last minute, even if he doesn’t play for his club. I’ve got a feeling Hockey might be the same. At least Gilmour is back playing. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Hey you!!!! That's no funny. 😉

I'd be lying if I said I didn't post on this thread without having an evil wee chuckle knowing you guys who frequent would see the comment and fear the worst.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

If McTominay doesn’t make it then I think we’ve had it. I suppose he’s fit enough that he could still have a chance right up until the last minute, even if he doesn’t play for his club. I’ve got a feeling Hockey might be the same. At least Gilmour is back playing. 

I think that's slightly defeatist. Just got to hope some of our other players step up and put in good performances. There's certainly a few guys who are due a good performance in a Scotland shirt. 

I like to think Fraser might come good at the euros. Always think we haven't gotten enough out of him especially when he was playing well for Bournemouth.

Che Adams has been quite good for saints as well so here's hoping he pulls some good performances out.

Next Manchester United match isn't until a week today, so doubtful there'll be any rush to make an announcement about McTominay, but initial reporting doesn't look good 😟

Edited by Goozay
added player's name

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

It's not official, but Man United Forever are reporting an exclusive on this. 

Are they even reliable though?

EDIT: Doesn’t look like it after McTominay’s post on Instagram. Can breathe a huge sigh of relief now!

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

Any word on whether Kieran Tierney’s injury it’s a serious one or not?

Last I read last week is its a groin strain which can take from 4 to 14 weeks to heal according to the Real Sociedad boss.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Has he played the race card yet?

Maybe he’s learned his lesson after the last time during the nursery debacle when it back fired on him after it turned out the owners were members of the BAME community 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Last I read last week is its a groin strain which can take from 4 to 14 weeks to heal according to the Real Sociedad boss.

Of all the injuries this is the most important in terms of how the team is set up and who will be in the squad. Others are like for like replacements but KTs role is quite distinctive.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Maybe he’s learned his lesson after the last time during the nursery debacle when it back fired on him after it turned out the owners were members of the BAME community 😂😂😂

WTF are you on about?

39 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Of all the injuries this is the most important in terms of how the team is set up and who will be in the squad. Others are like for like replacements but KTs role is quite distinctive.

I agree, KT is one my my favorites and makes such a difference. I want to find the actual quote mentioned above

38 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And he's the biggest crock-waiting-to-happen of them all. 🤦‍♂️

I have a mental image of him breaking down about 25 minutes into the Germany game and that being his tournament - and Scotland's - fecked!

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

McTominay's knee - white!

Tierney's groin - white!

Hickey's Hamstrings - white!