Harvey Barnes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harvey Barnes

syecosse

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, syecosse said:

A number of decent sources on twitter reporting Harvey Barnes is switching to Scotland. I know a lot will not be fans but a very good player.

Basically now that we have qualified for the tournament he wants in. Its a bit underhand but hes a good player who would improve our first team.

Edited by mccaughey85

50 minutes ago, syecosse said:

A number of decent sources on twitter reporting Harvey Barnes is switching to Scotland. I know a lot will not be fans but a very good player.

Deciding to switch cos we are doing decent. Not sure how I feel about players who are mid 20’s, who have already played for England suddenly deciding to play for us. 

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Basically now that we have qualified for the tournament he wants in. It’s a bit underhand but hes a good player who would improve our first team.

Tbf, Che Adams did the same the moment we qualified for the last Euros 

Edited by DesiScotsman

53 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Deciding to switch cos we are doing decent. Not sure how I feel about players who are mid 20’s, who have already played for England suddenly deciding to play for us. 

Doesn’t sit right with me this one, if true.

The timing is poor, we all but qualify for the Euros next year, and now he want to commit all of a sudden. Not for me, regardless of ability.

Edited by Daz1982

15 minutes ago, Daz1982 said:

Doesn’t sit right with me this one, if true.

The timing is poor, we all but qualify for the Euros next year, and now he want to commit all of a sudden. Not for me, regardless of ability.

I agree might ruin the spirit of the squad and everything that’s been built. 

Edited by bigfingers

5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The dressing room are obviously together.  Personally I don't think he's good enough to risk the collective spirit for.  

Going 10 straight qualifying games winning and he suddenly decides we're good enough for him - gtf! 

16 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The dressing room are obviously together.  Personally I don't think he's good enough to risk the collective spirit for.  

Going 10 straight qualifying games winning and he suddenly decides we're good enough for him - gtf! 

Angus Gunn didn’t upset the collective spirit one bit. Been great for us & turned us down publicly as he wanted England caps over and over.

The squad will want a player added who clearly improves the squad, which Barnes obviously does 

I'm split over this one. 

Seen him numerous times at the King Power and he was awful last season. Id question his desire when the going got tough. 

However, when his confidence is up he is quick, skillful and will score a goal. 

Out and out left winger, does he fit into the current setup? 

Wikipedia states he was called up to the full England squad on 1 Oct 2020 and came on as a sub against Wales

Does that no make him ineligible for anyone else ?

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nearly 26 and according to who scored he cant hold onto the ball, cant cross the ball, cant pass the ball and contributes nothing in defence.

Hasn't started a game for Newcastle yet.

Don't let goal stats fool you.

Lol he scored 13 goals for a relegated team as a winger. I dont care what the whoscored stats say, if he can score that many goals from the wing with a struggling team then hes worth considering for our first team. 

We dont even have any strikers who score 13 goals in any top league.

43 minutes ago, Dairbee said:

I'm split over this one. 

Seen him numerous times at the King Power and he was awful last season. Id question his desire when the going got tough. 

However, when his confidence is up he is quick, skillful and will score a goal. 

Out and out left winger, does he fit into the current setup? 

Awful? He scored 13 goals. Got a few assists as well. Not sure how often wingers score 13 goals for relegated teams. Cant be very often.