Annoying TV Presenters - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Annoying TV Presenters

Absolutely nothing to do with the BBC fiasco but coincidentally I was watching TV last night and Grand Designs was on and it occurred to me how much Kevin McLeod annoys me.
Honestly, he talks a load of utter horse dung. On and on describing a UK house like it was the Taj Mahal. 

It takes one to know one you may say but does anyone else have a presenter/presenters that particularly annoys them ? 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the BBC fiasco but coincidentally I was watching TV last night and Grand Designs was on and it occurred to me how much Kevin McLeod annoys me.
Honestly, he talks a load of utter horse dung. On and on describing a UK house like it was the Taj Mahal. 

It takes one to know one you may say but does anyone else have a presenter/presenters that particularly annoys them ? 

Have you ever noticed that a fair chunk of the women on grand designs end up pregnant?🤔😄.

Micheal Mcintyre absolutely does my box in 🤬

7 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Have you ever noticed that a fair chunk of the women on grand designs end up pregnant?🤔😄.

Micheal Mcintyre absolutely does my box in 🤬

They do ! 😂 Its funny I never thought of it before but you are right. 

I am not a fan of MM either. When he came out at first I actually found him funny but not any more. Does he still skip about the stage saying he looks Chinese ? I haven’t seen him for a while now. 

I dont like Jeremy Clarkson either but that is a proper dislike not just a wee irritation 😁

Dan Wootton (he is so bitchy) and Mark (Sneaky Baldy Comb-Over) Dolan.

I must mention somebody else, but from the radio - Steve Wright. 

Just such inane shyte. How can anybody actually like him?!

Radio 2 often used to be on in our office (against my wishes) and one afternoon Steve Wright interrupted Johnny Cash's "Hurt" with an avalanche of his his wacky, inane, shyte and not towards the end of the song, but smack-bang in the middle of the song. Who the F*ck interrupts Johnny Cash's "Hurt" with wacky, inane, shyte?!?!

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Radio 2 often used to be on in our office (against my wishes) and one afternoon Steve Wright interrupted Johnny Cash's "Hurt" with an avalanche of his his wacky, inane, shyte and not towards the end of the song, but smack-bang in the middle of the song. Who the F*ck interrupts Johnny Cash's "Hurt" with wacky, inane, shyte?!?!

Had no idea who Dan Wootton ( though have heard the name) or Mark Dolan are , however a quick google and the first associations are GB news and Mailonline so have to agree with you . Irritating fookers 😆

Steve Wright meh, I don’t mind him too much but agree that talking over Johnny Cash is an abomination and I am not even keen on C&W music ! 

58 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Jimmy Carr, Alan Carr & Norton. All pains.

Saying that I did find that I literally just to you show ok with JC.

Jimmy Carr 👍😱 He hits a score of 110 on the annoyingometer . 

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Had no idea who Dan Wootton ( though have heard the name) or Mark Dolan are , however a quick google and the first associations are GB news and Mailonline so have to agree with you . Irritating fookers 😆

Steve Wright meh, I don’t mind him too much but agree that talking over Johnny Cash is an abomination and I am not even keen on C&W music !

It's not so much that it was Johnny Cash per se, but that it is one of his last ever recordings and one of the most emotional songs ever recorded in history.

Have you seen the video for "Hurt" ? It's quite something. From the strong, handsome, young man he once was; to the frail old man he would become. Well worth a watch.

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

The kind of person who follows up a news item about the Chernobyl nuclear disaster with Wham's 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go', that's who! 

Apparently that is what inspired the Smiths song 'Panic', with its "hang the DJ refrain".

34 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

It's not so much that it was Johnny Cash per se, but that it is one of his last ever recordings and one of the most emotional songs ever recorded in history.

Have you seen the video for "Hurt" ? It's quite something. From the strong, handsome, young man he once was; to the frail old man he would become. Well worth a watch.

Aw man, that hits hard. The first time I saw it is the closest I've come to greeting over a music video! The fact it came out when Johnny was on his last legs too just adds to the emotion.

Hearing an old, dying man - who'd "lived a life life" - sing those words is so poignant and makes the original, written and performed by the young, healthy, whole-life-ahead-of-him Trent Reznor, sound like a teenage strop.

Annoyed mainly by those thieving a living out the public pocket on the Beeb as propagandists . 
Jo Coburn , V Derbyshire, Fiona Bruce immediately come to mind. Privately educated the lot of them, though that’s just par for the course at the beasts corporation. 
R Osman has always grated. 
Am sure none of them will lose any sleep over it. 

The lot of them on GBeebies are mentalists channeling the zeitgeist of UK2023 . 

33 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The kind of person who follows up a news item about the Chernobyl nuclear disaster with Wham's 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go', that's who! 

Apparently that is what inspired the Smiths song 'Panic', with its "hang the DJ refrain".

Aye, I know. The guy's an utter pr*ck.

Apparently, The Smiths sold T-shirts on the following tour with Steve Wright's face on the front with the words "Hang the DJ" 

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Apparently, The Smiths sold T-shirts on the following tour with Steve Wright's face on the front with the words "Hang the DJ" 

😂 Brilliant!

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

This could be such a long list, might be easier to say who doesn't annoy us. 

😂 yes, it will be a long list when everyone’s irritation is added together but we all find different people annoying ( with a few cross over exceptions ! ) .

I find it interesting as the folk that annoy some folk dont annoy me and vice versa. I am pretty certain most folk feel totally indifferent about Kevin McLeod but he really  does grate on me. He just sounds like a pretentious w*nk to me but to some people he will sound artistic and interesting. Maybe 😁

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Anybody else seeing the irony in Morrisey thinking someone’s a prick

Cordon.

Made my shit itch since he first appeared on tv. Always thought he was totally full of himself, just a fat wank. His self confidence really fucked me off and his sookin up the arse of guests or interviewees……. can’t stand him.

it’s worse now though cos he truly is in the higher echelons of banal celebrity……. with a huge ‘look at me ‘ style……. mocking me every time ….. dick. 

21 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Cordon.

Made my shit itch since he first appeared on tv. Always thought he was totally full of himself, just a fat wank. His self confidence really fucked me off and his sookin up the arse of guests or interviewees……. can’t stand him.

it’s worse now though cos he truly is in the higher echelons of banal celebrity……. with a huge ‘look at me ‘ style……. mocking me every time ….. dick. 

I have managed to pretty much ignore his existence by virtue of having an off button but lately it seems I have had my suspicions confirmed that he is a cunt of the highest order 

TV presenters don't annoy me for too long, but that's because I do use the OFF button as dan cake suggests, or else I leave the room to the Mrs.   (Her strategy seems to work.)

I agree with most picks above, but actually like a couple.   Mrs Grim wouldn't back me up, mind you.  

I'd switch off Steve Wright, but do find the image funny of Morrisey being upset at being on popular radio.   Did he complain about Janice Long drooling over them though?   I'm not putting her on the list btw, I just switched her off too 🙂

However, I'm surprised Jeremy Vine's not been mentioned yet.

10 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Simon Reeve - seen him doing a South American series which covered some fairly interesting countries and topics yet his grinning, OTT almost patronising tone ruined a lot of it.

Would agree with most annoying people other folk are posting but not this. I really like Reeve. I agree he's not polished and comes across over excited sometimes but I think he's genuine.

11 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

Alex Jones off the one show. Her voice goes through me. Kevin mcleod used to be OK but the more popular the show got the bigger his head got. 

You are absolutely right about Kevin McLeod . At the start his part was small and his ‘chat’ fairly minimal and mainly to the point. His vivid descriptions were actually a little refreshing. However now his monologue’s are getting longer and longer, and too much of the show is on him.