Annoying TV Presenters - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Annoying TV Presenters

15 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

TV presenters don't annoy me for too long, but that's because I do use the OFF button as dan cake suggests, or else I leave the room to the Mrs.   (Her strategy seems to work.)

I agree with most picks above, but actually like a couple.   Mrs Grim wouldn't back me up, mind you.  

I'd switch off Steve Wright, but do find the image funny of Morrisey being upset at being on popular radio.   Did he complain about Janice Long drooling over them though?   I'm not putting her on the list btw, I just switched her off too 🙂

However, I'm surprised Jeremy Vine's not been mentioned yet.

It was the fact that a news item about a terrible disaster was followed immediately by a cheery pop song and Steve Wright's upbeat "banter" as if nothing had happened that annoyed Morrissey, rather than simply his music being played on Radio One. (The latter probably wouldn't have annoyed him at all, considering he and the Smiths were Top of the Pops regulars at the time)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

It was the fact that a news item about a terrible disaster was followed immediately by a cheery pop song and Steve Wright's upbeat "banter" as if nothing had happened that annoyed Morrissey, rather than simply his music being played on Radio One. (The latter probably wouldn't have annoyed him at all, considering he and the Smiths were Top of the Pops regulars at the time)

Fair enough.

It’s nae so much individual so called celebs that annoy me though a few do, it’s the way the bbc waste money on extravagant programmes i.e. their coverage of world cups & olympics with so many presenters & so called highly paid experts. The Morning Live programme on bbc at 09:30 normally has 5 or 6 presenters for a 30 minute show ffs. They are very free with the publics tv licence fee. 🤬🤬🤬

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

@Big Ramy 1314 , are Colin and Justin still on TV over in Canada ?  Trying to get an international nomination 😁

Whilst coming back from Bari’s stadium on a bus full of Scotland supporters a younger female fan told me very loudly at an inopportune moment that I looked like Colin from Colin and Justin, cue 50 complete strangers pissing themselves with laughter she then doubled down by telling all that were listening it was complement. Longest bus journey ever

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

Whilst coming back from Bari’s stadium on a bus full of Scotland supporters a younger female fan told me very loudly at an inopportune moment that I looked like Colin from Colin and Justin, cue 50 complete strangers pissing themselves with laughter she then doubled down by telling all that were listening it was complement. Longest bus journey ever

😂 from a ‘looks ‘ perspective there are a lot worse comparisons so I would take the compliment as  it was intended. 
I didn’t visualise you as  Colin right enough. Not that I make a habit of visualising  Tambers let me be clear on that 😁 , but you cant help but have an image of someone in your head. I do it all the time. Folk never ever look like I imagine. Unsurprisingly 🙄

20 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 from a ‘looks ‘ perspective there are a lot worse comparisons so I would take the compliment as  it was intended. 
I didn’t visualise you as  Colin right enough. Not that I make a habit of visualising  Tambers let me be clear on that 😁 , but you cant help but have an image of someone in your head. I do it all the time. Folk never ever look like I imagine. Unsurprisingly 🙄

She actually trebled and quadrupled down by getting her pals to agree with her (loudly) and a middle aged couple sitting across for us, the husband was crying at this point. I’m tall and did have dark hair that realistically was the extent of the lookylikeyness although I do like to think of myself as a bit of a Dandy, now bald and beardy being my preferred look well the beardy bit anyway ☹️

31 minutes ago, dan cake said:

She actually trebled and quadrupled down by getting her pals to agree with her (loudly) and a middle aged couple sitting across for us, the husband was crying at this point. I’m tall and did have dark hair that realistically was the extent of the lookylikeyness although I do like to think of myself as a bit of a Dandy, now bald and beardy being my preferred look well the beardy bit anyway ☹️

I was getting mixed up I thought Colin was the blond one ! The dark haired guy is no bad either 😗

Bald guys must be loving this fashionable bald/ beard combo going on,   they could be any age really from 40- 65 .  I heard Kylie likes the look ! 😉

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was getting mixed up I thought Colin was the blond one ! The dark haired guy is no bad either 😗

Bald guys must be loving this fashionable bald/ beard combo going on,   they could be any age really from 40- 65 .  I heard Kylie likes the look ! 😉

Iv got “plans” for Kylie, once the hits have dried up completely and she’s doing the nostalgic circuit staying in a Travelodge instead of the Barmoral and looking at life through the bottom of an empty cocktail glass that’s when I’m going to make my move. Just need her to be “vulnerable” enough, Dannii I could have tomorrow 

46 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Fair enough!

Did he wear Hawaiian shirts as well?😊

No he was just a cock, keeping on subject Mardle was known for the shirts he wore and not his ability to play darts 🤷‍♂️. Never won anything of note? except best worse shirt obviously. I’m guessing a shrink would be pointing in the direction of man with no personality hides in shirt with personality, Dr Cake’s theory of adults needing to draw attention to themselves lacked something in childhood 

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

No he was just a cock, keeping on subject Mardle was known for the shirts he wore and not his ability to play darts 🤷‍♂️. Never won anything of note? except best worse shirt obviously. I’m guessing a shrink would be pointing in the direction of man with no personality hides in shirt with personality, Dr Cake’s theory of adults needing to draw attention to themselves lacked something in childhood 

Runner up in 3 majors but never won anything. To be fair there were a few decent players in the 00s who never won anything had Phil Taylor hoovered up about 80% of the trophies! 

59 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Runner up in 3 majors but never won anything. To be fair there were a few decent players in the 00s who never won anything had Phil Taylor hoovered up about 80% of the trophies! 

Did they have the shirts tho