Scotland v Cyprus match thread..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Cyprus match thread..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Big Ramy 1314

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm one of the folk who prefers to actually watch the game. A bit of a radical idea, right enough, but what can I say? I've always been a bit of a rebel. 

So you can't watch the game while encouraging the team at the same time. Funny that. Don't think you will have seen anything different from me during the game somehow,or does keeping quite give you better vision. It was like a f.. king library yesterday. Horrible. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, thesaint said:

So you can't watch the game while encouraging the team at the same time. Funny that. Don't think you will have seen anything different from me during the game somehow,or does keeping quite give you better vision. It was like a f.. king library yesterday. Horrible. 

Agree, a good performance from your team combined with a good atmosphere are what made/makes football. If you want to go to a library go watch Scotland at Murrayfield.  

The atmosphere was pish cos the game was pish. Between McGinns goal and the last 5 minutes zero happened and the game was at such a pedestrian pace. 

A 3-0 win is really good however so everyone should be pleased about that. 

But nobody can blame the fans, the second half was a woeful watch till the closing minutes. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats where we were. Angus Gunn slipped at one point going for the ball and everyone drew a sharp intake of breath . 
Wet pitch doesn’t really excuse the poor crosses though, unless the rain actually did shrink the pitch 🙂 Its wasn’t particularly windy either. 
The atmosphere reflected the performance a bit. For almost a full house it was pretty shit most of the game. Not too sure if I am a fan of a 2 pm kick off either. 
All that said we did have good retention for large parts , a few years ago we would have been all over the place against a team like that,  and I do think we deserved the 3-0 score. 

yeah, agree with that.  3pm would be better… felt like a rush getting through from Edinburgh and starting drink8ng at 11am 😂

14 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Game and atmosphere were terrible. Andy Robertson is fucking shite for Scotland. Although nobody was great

Thank God somebody agrees with me. Never ever thought a full Hampden could be so quiet. Was in the ground about 40 minutes before kick off and you are usually always aware of the singing and atmosphere building pre kick off. This time there was nothing. When the game started it was almost as bad. Changed days indeed.... and not for the better. 

27 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Game and atmosphere were terrible. Andy Robertson is fucking shite for Scotland. Although nobody was great

Aye just the two assists for him yesterday. 

Atmosphere wasn't great, I imagine that must be what's like at Celtic Park v a poor Premiership side. Tuesday will be entirely different...hopefully!

20 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

The atmosphere was pish cos the game was pish. Between McGinns goal and the last 5 minutes zero happened and the game was at such a pedestrian pace. 

A 3-0 win is really good however so everyone should be pleased about that. 

But nobody can blame the fans, the second half was a woeful watch till the closing minutes. 

The game wash pish but the atmosphere was crap pre match. There was virtually nobody singing in the stadium before the game started and that just continued once the match started. 

16 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Didnt watch the game due to being at a mates wedding. Seems like mixed messages here.

Did we play well or not?

I certainly would have taken 3 nil before the game. 

Good start to the campaign.

Robertson was excellent going forward. Don't listen to the dafties. Overall we weren't great. Played in spells. Never in trouble, lack of invention at times. Job done.

3 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Robertson was excellent going forward. Don't listen to the dafties. Overall we weren't great. Played in spells. Never in trouble, lack of invention at times. Job done.

Surprised we are back to 5 at the back. 4 at the back has looked alot better for us recently. Could that be the reason for the average performance.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

The game wash pish but the atmosphere was crap pre match. There was virtually nobody singing in the stadium before the game started and that just continued once the match started. 

Seemed to be lots of people leaving around the 80 minute mark as well.

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Seemed to be lots of people leaving around the 80 minute mark as well.

I would defo put that more down tobwanting to beat queues for the train and Cyprus did not look at all like scoring (neither did we) so fans felt they'd miss nothing and get jump start for journey home. Certainly would not say it was in disenchantment though. I mean come on we were on the toilet against the Cypriots right up to full-time the last time we played them.

Never got out of first gear but won 3-0 against a team that we were expected to beat. Considering that we’ve got Spain coming up, I’d say that’s a good result as most of the players should be fairly fit, except Adams, who is a big miss. Hopefully the rest were saving themselves for Tuesday.

49 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I would defo put that more down tobwanting to beat queues for the train and Cyprus did not look at all like scoring (neither did we) so fans felt they'd miss nothing and get jump start for journey home. Certainly would not say it was in disenchantment though. I mean come on we were on the toilet against the Cypriots right up to full-time the last time we played them.

They were more optimistic than me then!  I was still worried that there might be some slip up and we'd end up with a 1-1 draw.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Surprised we are back to 5 at the back. 4 at the back has looked alot better for us recently. Could that be the reason for the average performance.

Someone suggested it was to prepare for the Spain game, were  a back 5 might be better or maybe confident of a repeat berformance of the faroes game against similar standard of opposition. 

Back four against in the games we need to more competitive  against same standard as us teams. 

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Someone suggested it was to prepare for the Spain game, were  a back 5 might be better or maybe confident of a repeat berformance of the faroes game against similar standard of opposition. 

Back four against in the games we need to more competitive  against same standard as us teams. 

Lets hope its the right decision for the spain game. 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

They were more optimistic than me then!  I was still worried that there might be some slip up and we'd end up with a 1-1 draw.

The difference from.past games like these is they never looked like scoring and hadn't threatened. It was never backs-to-the-wall stuff for us even when our pace dropped. They got into ladt third and most of the time over played a pass or somethingvelse sub-standard.

I noticed it was much more of a family crowd on Saturday being an afternoon game, probably contributed a bit to the quiet atmosphere. Should be a totally different story under the lights on Tuesday! Unless we somehow conspire to put ourselves out of contention early on.

On the game I also agree we probably could have moved the ball a bit quicker. Some of the crossing was especially poor. 3-0 is generous on us but I've seen plenty games we don't get as many goals as the performance deserves so it's nice to have it this way round for a change!

7 hours ago, thesaint said:

Thank God somebody agrees with me. Never ever thought a full Hampden could be so quiet. Was in the ground about 40 minutes before kick off and you are usually always aware of the singing and atmosphere building pre kick off. This time there was nothing. When the game started it was almost as bad. Changed days indeed.... and not for the better. 

Yep spot on sat in silence most of the game. 

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Aye just the two assists for him yesterday. 

Atmosphere wasn't great, I imagine that must be what's like at Celtic Park v a poor Premiership side. Tuesday will be entirely different...hopefully!

Yes he got two assists which is fine but he did fuck all the whole game. That wing was there to be exposed al game. He's up and down constantly for Liverpool and it was nothing like that yesterday. We had 3 at the back so he had plenty cover.

His all round performance was very poor.

Hopefully it's better against Spain atmosphere wise but I'm feeling reasonably happy that I only got tickets for these 2 games. A warm house or pub and a good few friends for a beer or 6 will be more enjoyable. I was buzzing to go yesterday but it was flat as fuck all day.  Highlight was getting a tan of a half bottle and not getting searched with the hip flask 🤣

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Yep spot on sat in silence most of the game. 

Yes he got two assists which is fine but he did fuck all the whole game. That wing was there to be exposed al game. He's up and down constantly for Liverpool and it was nothing like that yesterday. We had 3 at the back so he had plenty cover.

His all round performance was very poor.

Hopefully it's better against Spain atmosphere wise but I'm feeling reasonably happy that I only got tickets for these 2 games. A warm house or pub and a good few friends for a beer or 6 will be more enjoyable. I was buzzing to go yesterday but it was flat as fuck all day.  Highlight was getting a tan of a half bottle and not getting searched with the hip flask 🤣

Yep.I was really up for it but as i said when i was in the queue at central staion it all seemed too quiet and my doubts were confirmed on the train and as soon as i arrived at the ground.Never experienced a full house Hampden so bloody lacking in passion before kick off.Can only hope that Tuesday can catch fire with it being Spain and under the lights which always looks better if nothing else.CMON SCOTLAND.