League Cup Final... - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Final...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, duncan II said:

To be fair to Slasher, and I'm all about the fairness, rugby fans are generally a bunch of weirdos.

They really aren't

I tend to find the only people who think this are extremely ignorant football fans

44 minutes ago, duncan II said:

To be fair to Slasher, and I'm all about the fairness, rugby fans are generally a bunch of weirdos.

Do they go about in gangs intent on starting trouble and fights?

I am sure there have been some incidents people will find, but in general very well behaved!

I know some football fans who won't even talk to you if you support a certain team....now that is weird and very sad.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Some amount of weirdos on here.

The SimP discussing how he isn't interested in a Rangers v Celtic match but then giving oxygen to this ridiculous thread....

The Slasher with bizarre remarks towards people who may like rugby on a fitba board. Piss off forever.

The next time any of yous ever go to or pay attention to a proper game of football will be the first. GTF the three of you. 

Ffs who pissed on your cornflakes this morning 😂

It was a throwaway one liner lol.

For your info I’ve actually been to two games this weekend so you can stick your sanctimonious attitude where the sun don’t shine!

Watched the game yesterday. For me I felt Beale got his starting 11 wrong which I think Rangers have been doing for a few years now.

When you look at the performances I dont think any player stood out as playing particuarly well or badly.

The difference for me was the type of player selected for each position. Especially the midfield 3. Celtic started with McGreggor, Hatate ans Mooy. None of those are typical defensive mids. Therefore everytime they get the ball they are forward thinking but more importantly join in with the attack, giving options and causing confusion in the Rangers defence.

Compare that to Rangers who went with Lundstrum, Kamara and Tillman. Lundstrum is an out and lut defensive player and Kamara is more defensive than attacking. Therefore whenever one of those 2 get the ball, even if they drive forward a few yards, they tend to just give the ball to Tillman, Kent or Sakala and then stop. Giving an option but not an attacking one. This puts too much pressure on the creative players to do something special and makes it so much easier to defend against.

Rangers really need to play with one defensive player and then trust the other 2 to do a job when required. Much like Celtic do.

Raskin looks decent and against anybody but Celtic id be tempted to go with him, Tillman and one other such as Cantwell, Lowry or Hagi.

Celtic have a very good balance which allows them to swap like for like without levels dropping.

5 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Watched the game yesterday. For me I felt Beale got his starting 11 wrong which I think Rangers have been doing for a few years now.

When you look at the performances I dont think any player stood out as playing particuarly well or badly.

The difference for me was the type of player selected for each position. Especially the midfield 3. Celtic started with McGreggor, Hatate ans Mooy. None of those are typical defensive mids. Therefore everytime they get the ball they are forward thinking but more importantly join in with the attack, giving options and causing confusion in the Rangers defence.

Compare that to Rangers who went with Lundstrum, Kamara and Tillman. Lundstrum is an out and lut defensive player and Kamara is more defensive than attacking. Therefore whenever one of those 2 get the ball, even if they drive forward a few yards, they tend to just give the ball to Tillman, Kent or Sakala and then stop. Giving an option but not an attacking one. This puts too much pressure on the creative players to do something special and makes it so much easier to defend against.

Rangers really need to play with one defensive player and then trust the other 2 to do a job when required. Much like Celtic do.

Raskin looks decent and against anybody but Celtic id be tempted to go with him, Tillman and one other such as Cantwell, Lowry or Hagi.

Celtic have a very good balance which allows them to swap like for like without levels dropping.

Quite simply the better team won on the day.  Celtic middle to front are pretty much stronger in every area of the pitch than Rangers and that showed yesterday.  Even in the 20 minute spell where we looked a bit more positive after we scored we didn't really look like troubling Hart.  The only player I'd give pass marks to would be Sakala who looked like he could cause Taylor a few problems when he got in behind him.

This Rangers team needs ripped up as 2 trophies in 7 seasons back in the top flight isn't acceptable given the amount of money we've spunked.  The problem is that we should have sold Kent and Morelos in the summer and used that money towards the rebuild however they're now going to leave for heehaw meaning we won't have the funds to reinvest.  Great management there from Wilson and the football board.  So we're likely to go in to another season with the bulk of the current squad who have shown again they're just not of the required quality.  I'll be astonished now if Celtic don't go on and lift the treble and wouldn't bet against it next year either.

46 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Quite simply the better team won on the day.  Celtic middle to front are pretty much stronger in every area of the pitch than Rangers and that showed yesterday.  Even in the 20 minute spell where we looked a bit more positive after we scored we didn't really look like troubling Hart.  The only player I'd give pass marks to would be Sakala who looked like he could cause Taylor a few problems when he got in behind him.

This Rangers team needs ripped up as 2 trophies in 7 seasons back in the top flight isn't acceptable given the amount of money we've spunked.  The problem is that we should have sold Kent and Morelos in the summer and used that money towards the rebuild however they're now going to leave for heehaw meaning we won't have the funds to reinvest.  Great management there from Wilson and the football board.  So we're likely to go in to another season with the bulk of the current squad who have shown again they're just not of the required quality.  I'll be astonished now if Celtic don't go on and lift the treble and wouldn't bet against it next year either.

Ive said on here previously how Rangers stated business model isnt being followed and how its not compatable with those at the club (and vocal part of fanbase). So I would agree with Moreles and Kent. Kamara should have been sold as soon as Lundstrum was signed. That one was obvious to me. Kamara's stock was high after a very good Euros and they could have got 10 million (with add ons) for somebody signed for 50k. Replaced them with a like for like free transfer. 

However yesterday I think was different. Take the front 3 for each team. Swap any of them into the other team and I think the outcome remains the same. Ie Meida with no support and only 1 player in the box does no different to what Kent did yesterday.  

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Ffs who pissed on your cornflakes this morning 😂

It was a throwaway one liner lol.

For your info I’ve actually been to two games this weekend so you can stick your sanctimonious attitude where the sun don’t shine!

I guess I'm just a jerk all round.

Apologies to all concerned. 

12 hours ago, SamP said:

Try and say something positive this week.  Not a Rangers fan or a liar kid.  There is only one Rangers fan left on here to the best of my knowledge.  It's the spelling and lack of education that irks me.  I am assuming it is a grown man that can't spell the word trophy.  Not once but twice.  I put the 55 bit in to catch someone.  You dived in!!!  Smile for god's sake.

Your right i spelt trophy incorrectly but i was pissed when i wrote that , your sober n write shite constantly, so having a pop at me sums you up 

9 hours ago, jcs said:

Your right i spelt trophy incorrectly but i was pissed when i wrote that , your sober n write shite constantly, so having a pop at me sums you up 

Having a pop at someone is surely a good thing JCS.  I am sure you do it with pals as well.  No harm at all, just a laugh.  Don't you accuse me of being sober ever again.  I take offence to that!!!!

How do folk get flares into the match? I saw folk drinkin aswell, and that was from the telly. Is the security down, bit slack if you ask me.. I went to the Ottawa Senators hockey game last night with a mate, we had to empty our pockets and go through a metal detector like you do at the airport. I was shocked !!