Turkey (Turkiye?) squad - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turkey (Turkiye?) squad

N4Footsoldier

I wasn’t on the terraces in the 70s and 80s, I’ll take you’re word for it but that’s certainly never been my experience, in fact if anything I’d say there was a bit of an anti-Rangers element to the support these days what with the booing of the queen, booing of god save the queen, booing of Ryan Jack.

Celtic have easily provided more players than any other team the last 10 or so years, don’t ever recall hearing any of them being targeted because they were Celtic players. Been away to Ireland the last two times and didn’t hear a peep of sectarianism. Home and away fans getting on like a house on fire. 

8 hours ago, slasher said:

Mmmm, I don’t really go in for all that.

As far as criticism of Celtic goes, if it’s due I’m usually amongst the first to say so on here. On this occasion it’s unjustified.

If you’re denying that a section of the tartan army have a problem in that regard then you are wrong. They may not be as numerous or as vocal as they once were in the 70’s & 80’s but they’re still there and I’m not putting up with them, either on here, at Hampden or on an away trip and that’s that!

8 hours ago, slasher said:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ghorne67 said:

I wasn’t on the terraces in the 70s and 80s, I’ll take you’re word for it but that’s certainly never been my experience, in fact if anything I’d say there was a bit of an anti-Rangers element to the support these days what with the booing of the queen, booing of god save the queen, booing of Ryan Jack.

Celtic have easily provided more players than any other team the last 10 or so years, don’t ever recall hearing any of them being targeted because they were Celtic players. Been away to Ireland the last two times and didn’t hear a peep of sectarianism. Home and away fans getting on like a house on fire. 

This doesn't fit in with Steelmans agenda

10 hours ago, ghorne67 said:

How is being anti-monarchist somehow anti-Rangers ? Were you upset when Mrs Windsor died ? Is the monarchy important to you ? It certainly isn't to many posters on this forum.

Ryan Jack got booed by some teenagers at a friendly played at Pittodrie a few years ago. That was wrong but I doubt Jack lost any sleep over it. It also has not happened since. Maybe it's time for you to get over it?

10 hours ago, ghorne67 said:

I think you have been a bit selective there but I sense we are going down a rabbit hole and aren’t going to agree.

Just for balance though, the Irish anthem was also booed recently and the Ryan Jack thing was all about Aberdeen fans. GSTQ was always booed even when Rangers fans were in the majority at Hampden.

Anyway, we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:59 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

How is being anti-monarchist somehow anti-Rangers ? Were you upset when Mrs Windsor died ? Is the monarchy important to you ? It certainly isn't to many posters on this forum.

Ryan Jack got booed by some teenagers at a friendly played at Pittodrie a few years ago. That was wrong but I doubt Jack lost any sleep over it. It also has not happened since. Maybe it's time for you to get over it?

Ach wind yer neck in. I’ve got absolutely nothing to get over. Rangers certainly aren’t my team and i’m no fan of Ryan Jack, wouldn’t have him anywhere near the squad based on ability. 

I’d be surprised if any fan disputed that Rangers are the most disliked team within Scottish football. Their links to The Union/The Monarchy play a part in that. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Which leaves Ramsay as our only fit right-back. 😕

Unbelievable we go from right back crisis (Palmer or O'Donnell?) to we've got plenty of options (Patterson, Hickey, Ralston)  and then back to crisis again. I guess that's Ramsey starting. Thankfully it's only a friendly and hopefully he stays injury free.

21 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Unbelievable we go from right back crisis (Palmer or O'Donnell?) to we've got plenty of options (Patterson, Hickey, Ralston)  and then back to crisis again. I guess that's Ramsey starting. Thankfully it's only a friendly and hopefully he stays injury free.

Well Patterson is just back from injury, but I wonder if it's the same reason as the Celtic lot. Everton are playing Celtic in Australia. Will be great to see how Ramsay does anyway.

That's us down to 20 players, including 3 goalies. Not much point in calling any one else up. 17 outfield players is ample for 1 friendly game. 

McTominay, Tierney, Fraser, Gilmour and McGinn are all lacking game time lately, so I'd start all 5. Probably worth subbing on a goalie as well.

4 hours ago, csinclair said:

Adams, Mclean & Patterson have pulled out

Adams told some NETA at Krakow airport that his wife was due to give birth around date of the Turkey game so probably wouldn’t make it which is understandable.

37 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I know 😂

I'd call up Ashby from West Ham rather than recall O'Donnell; we already know what he can (and can't) do.

10 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Well Patterson is just back from injury, but I wonder if it's the same reason as the Celtic lot. Everton are playing Celtic in Australia. Will be great to see how Ramsay does anyway.

That's us down to 20 players, including 3 goalies. Not much point in calling any one else up. 17 outfield players is ample for 1 friendly game. 

McTominay, Tierney, Fraser, Gilmour and McGinn are all lacking game time lately, so I'd start all 5. Probably worth subbing on a goalie as well.

Ah... good point re Patterson. 

We should definitely try a new goalie out. I can't believe he didn't against Poland or Austria.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I know 😂

I'd call up Ashby from West Ham rather than recall O'Donnell; we already know what he can (and can't) do.

Ah... good point re Patterson. 

We should definitely try a new goalie out. I can't believe he didn't against Poland or Austria.

As much as I always defended O'Donnell, I think his time is up. He isn't even playing much for Motherwell. So you couldn't even argue he deserves to be called up on club form. He is likely 5th in the pecking order now.

Honestly, I'd rather see the likes of Hendry, McTominay or even Fraser fill in at RWB in an emergency if 3 out of our top 4 RBs are out again. (Unlikely)

I'm happy for Gordon to add to his tally of caps. But no reason he needs to get a full 90mins.

3 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Not bothered one bit about the call offs, we know what these lads can do. Bring in more untested players. Surely Gauld is at least, worth a look in a friendly 

Sorry I don't get the hard on a few posters have for Gauld.

He couldn't cut it at Hibs, didn't cut it in Portugal the way Scottish players who went abroad at the same age did or are doing (Hickey,Doig, Ferguson) currently in Italy.

Gauld plays in Canada for a reason.

He actually isnae that good 

8 hours ago, scotlad said:

Which leaves Ramsay as our only fit right-back. 😕

Ryan Jack has done it before so there is cover as such

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Couple of days, won't call anyone up unless he wants to have a look at Caulker! 

fuck right off

55 minutes ago, stocky said:

He couldn't cut it at Hibs, didn't cut it in Portugal the way Scottish players who went abroad at the same age did or are doing (Hickey,Doig, Ferguson) currently in Italy.

He had a few good years in portugal shinning in some terrible teams. Hes playing very well in Canada in a league that is no worse than our own (if you ignore the terrible chants etc) 
Hes a creative player which is something we really lack

7 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Adams told some NETA at Krakow airport that his wife was due to give birth around date of the Turkey game so probably wouldn’t make it which is understandable.

The baby was born last week. 

Suppose it's only a friendly and nobody knows their circumstances. Certainly a better reason to miss it than playing an even more pointless friendly in Oz.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2 hours ago, stocky said:

Agreed.