Europe 2022/23 - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

During the commentary, it was pointed out how Ajax bring through and play youngsters regardless of age, often as direct replacements for the star player who has just been sold. Whoever the "football pundit commentator" then says that the Old Firm have the pressure of must win games etc etc. Why is it never highlighted that teams like Ajax also need to win pretty much every week aswell.

A depressing fact is that there is a sizeable amount of fans from both Old Firm clubs who don't want any Scottish players in their team at all.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A depressing fact is that there is a sizeable amount of fans from both Old Firm clubs who don't want any Scottish players in their team at all.

that is just nonsense…… you have just made up some pish there. The bigoted fans couldn’t give a rats arse about where the players are from.

2 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

that is just nonsense…… you have just made up some pish there. The bigoted fans couldn’t give a rats arse about where the players are from.

I didn't say it was a majority of fans but certainly a sizeable amount of the fans from both clubs would happily see their team field zero Scottish players and not scout any Scottish players.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I didn't say it was a majority of fans but certainly a sizeable amount of the fans from both clubs would happily see their team field zero Scottish players and not scout any Scottish players.

Don't agree with that. I've never met a rangers or celtic fan who doesn't want Scottish players. If anything they want more

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

So it was Gio that finally brought up budgets. Absolutely fucking wonderful 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🤣🤣

When they beat aberdeen 4 nil it will be down to great football and mentality, nothing to do with budget

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

During the commentary, it was pointed out how Ajax bring through and play youngsters regardless of age, often as direct replacements for the star player who has just been sold. Whoever the "football pundit commentator" then says that the Old Firm have the pressure of must win games etc etc. Why is it never highlighted that teams like Ajax also need to win pretty much every week aswell.

Because its only rangers and celtic who must win every week, its a rivalry like no other.......blah blah blah 🤮

Part of the reason the Netherlands are good is possibly because Ajax will promote its youth instead of buying in foreign players and letting the youth rot on the bench.

Hearts capping a miserable week for Scottish teams in Europe. Currently 4-0 at Tynecastle to a Turkish equivalent of Livingston.

Nae shame in getting spanked by Real Madrid or Ajax but getting gubbed at home by a bunch of Turkish no-marks...🙈

14 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Hearts capping a miserable week for Scottish teams in Europe. Currently 4-0 at Tynecastle to a Turkish equivalent of Livingston.

Nae shame in getting spanked by Real Madrid or Ajax but getting gubbed at home by a bunch of Turkish no-marks...🙈

Turks are unbeaten in league and haven't let a goal in yet this season, beat Royal Antwerp away last round who are currently top of the Belgian league.

Wonder how the bookies marked it up, looks pretty obvious now.

49 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Turks are unbeaten in league and haven't let a goal in yet this season, beat Royal Antwerp away last round who are currently top of the Belgian league.

Hearts were 5/2 before kick-off, thought it was maybe good value but thankfully didn't put anything on.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Aye, they're better than I gave them credit for. They were still beatable though but Hearts were toothless.

Noticed Rangers home game against Napoli has been moved  back a day with no away fans due to lack of police availability  (lizzies funeral), the return leg in Naples also no away fans. Will folk who have booked up be entitled to any compensation or just the usual fuck them they’re only football fans attitude 

57 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Noticed Rangers home game against Napoli has been moved  back a day with no away fans due to lack of police availability  (lizzies funeral), the return leg in Naples also no away fans. Will folk who have booked up be entitled to any compensation or just the usual fuck them they’re only football fans attitude 

I’m guessing the latter. It’s an absolute fucking farce. Reason for the postponement and no Napoli fans is “lack of police resources”. I could almost understand that if the game was being played in Edinburgh and it was tomorrow but how can a funeral in London next Monday be impacting police resources in Glasgow on Tuesday? And what changes so significantly between Tuesday and Wednesday that the game can go ahead 24 hours later? And lastly, why are none of the EFL games being played on Tuesday or Wednesday (30+ by my count) and the likes of Liverpool v Ajax, Chelsea v Salzburg and Man City v Dortmund impacted by “police resources”?! 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m guessing the latter. It’s an absolute fucking farce. Reason for the postponement and no Napoli fans is “lack of police resources”. I could almost understand that if the game was being played in Edinburgh and it was tomorrow but how can a funeral in London next Monday be impacting police resources in Glasgow on Tuesday? And what changes so significantly between Tuesday and Wednesday that the game can go ahead 24 hours later? And lastly, why are none of the EFL games being played on Tuesday or Wednesday (30+ by my count) and the likes of Liverpool v Ajax, Chelsea v Salzburg and Man City v Dortmund impacted by “police resources”?! 

At times like this it's important to make sure the plebs know their place.

As a supporter of the Queen's Eleven (Is it now the King's Eleven?), should you not be just lying down, tugging your forelock?

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Surely Ra rangurz fans won't be upset by a slight inconvenience for a royal event.

24 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

As a supporter of the Queen's Eleven (Is it now the King's Eleven?), should you not be just lying down, tugging your forelock?

Was thinking more of the away fans in both games, plenty Italians booked up I would imagine. Doubt the police will want them wandering about Glasgow city center on mass (see what I did there)

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It's madness, utterly ridiculous and no care for the fans at all. No actual reason for it 

9 hours ago, stocky said:

Surely Ra rangurz fans won't be upset by a slight inconvenience for a royal event.

Even the rangers fans seem pretty pissed off with it. Many of both fans will have flights and hotels etc which will now be useless to them. Seems daft

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I see they are starting to make noises now about some of the higher profile games down south being called off due to lack of resources.

Talk of all London based weekend fixtures being reversed with the away team, Brentford v Arsenal obviously needs a different solution 

On 9/11/2022 at 4:48 PM, Fairbairn said:

I’m guessing the latter. It’s an absolute fucking farce. Reason for the postponement and no Napoli fans is “lack of police resources”. I could almost understand that if the game was being played in Edinburgh and it was tomorrow but how can a funeral in London next Monday be impacting police resources in Glasgow on Tuesday? 

I can't see how it would be significant numbers but there's a fair chance that police from all over the UK will be asked to boost numbers in London. COP26 in reverse. As I say not sure that would take away sufficient numbers to affect football in Glasgow.

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I can't see how it would be significant numbers but there's a fair chance that police from all over the UK will be asked to boost numbers in London. COP26 in reverse. As I say not sure that would take away sufficient numbers to affect football in Glasgow.

And doesn't explain why the game can go ahead on Wednesday and not Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

And doesn't explain why the game can go ahead on Wednesday and not Tuesday.

Fair point. Oh the irony of all the Loyalists being inconvenienced by the Monarchs death. My fellow Rangers fans debating whether we should refer to the team as the Queen's XI or the King's XI.  Bizarre.