Season 22/23 - Page 80 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to ask a stupid question here, but I have no idea. Was checking the Championship fixtures. So I googled Queens Park, sais they still play at Hampden, but on the grounds. What does that mean.  Do they actually play at Hampden Park, or a smaller ground attached to it. I remember going to a Scotland match couple years ago and seeing a sign, Welcome to Queens Park football club.. Cheers...

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Going to ask a stupid question here, but I have no idea. Was checking the Championship fixtures. So I googled Queens Park, sais they still play at Hampden, but on the grounds. What does that mean.  Do they actually play at Hampden Park, or a smaller ground attached to it. I remember going to a Scotland match couple years ago and seeing a sign, Welcome to Queens Park football club.. Cheers...

There doing up lesser Hampden to play there league game which seems to be taking years to complete, at the moment they are playing the “home games” at Ochilview, home of Stenhousemuir.

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

There doing up lesser Hampden to play there league game which seems to be taking years to complete, at the moment they are playing the “home games” at Ochilview, home of Stenhousemuir.

Thank you. It never mentioned that on Google. Seems odd they don't have their own ground..

Do you see anyone else on the TAMB with their club colours?  Just wondering.  Used to be my pet hate at Scotland games and it was always the same colour of strip. Green and White.    Why can't folk leave club colours at home.  Now all you see here is RA Cellic colours.  But hey ho, the Board seems to want that nowadays.  Tartan Army?  Aye right.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thank you. It never mentioned that on Google. Seems odd they don't have their own ground..

That did more or less,  hampden was their home ground and it was bought by the sfa with the agreement lesser hampden would be their official new ground, or something like that. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That did more or less,  hampden was their home ground and it was bought by the sfa with the agreement lesser hampden would be their official new ground, or something like that. 

I get that bit, I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is "lesser Hampden"..

50 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Well did anyone take my tip? 

Paul Lambert has been approached apparently. Would be reasonably happy with that. A bit of experience at least.

I did thank you. Just a tiny bet but wimped it and  cashed out at 2-1 😞 

Still more than doubled my money.

54 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Well did anyone take my tip? 

Paul Lambert has been approached apparently. Would be reasonably happy with that. A bit of experience at least.

I was at the game.  Felt sorry for stevie hammel.  Motherwell brought 2000 fans.  Their players are gutless.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:24 PM, SamP said:

This is now a Celtic Board with the little big action man Chairman of the Board and his every increasing Celtic pals.  Good luck with that.  Oh the interesting posts will come later.  Boom.

Nonsense weesht

On 2/11/2023 at 7:04 PM, SamP said:

Do you see anyone else on the TAMB with their club colours?  Just wondering.  Used to be my pet hate at Scotland games and it was always the same colour of strip. Green and White.    Why can't folk leave club colours at home.  Now all you see here is RA Cellic colours.  But hey ho, the Board seems to want that nowadays.  Tartan Army?  Aye right.

I've never seen a Celtic top at any games home or away except the Ireland games. 

Don't know what you mean I'm regards to the board having colours?

There's a good mix on here of all teams as there always has been

6 hours ago, Kirk said:

Nonsense weesht

I've never seen a Celtic top at any games home or away except the Ireland games. 

Don't know what you mean I'm regards to the board having colours?

There's a good mix on here of all teams as there always has been

I see Ramy has taken down his club badge.  We do have a variety of club supporters here but Ramy was taking it too far IMO with lording it over other clubs.  Everyone knows Celtic are on a different level just now but don't need it rubbed in constantly.  We can all still have opinions and a slagging though (but I am staying away from Ramy on that one) and I apologise for being an annoying prick with that.  Can't remember seeing OF tops at home or away games either.  Met guys from Airdrie, Stranraer etc who did.  But I don't believe in it.

The main thing I took away from that article posted above is he said the behaviour from the sidelines has got worse post-Covid. This seems to be a trend across the board. For whatever reason, socially unacceptable behaviour and social disobedience is definitely on the rise since things opened up again. Not sure what the reason for it is.

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Agree with this article.  Supporters of all clubs are now suddenly expert referees.  VAR hasn't helped.  They take some abuse for the money they earn compared to the players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64644440

They earn more money than some of the top flight players do whilst doing it as a part time job.

The standard of refereeing in Scotland is beyond shite.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They earn more money than some of the top flight players do whilst doing it as a part time job.

The standard of refereeing in Scotland is beyond shite.

I get that about the money.  But why do you think it is just Scottish ref's.  I don't know if they are or not.  Certainly in the past 5 years the standard has been terrible and I am sure they would admit that.  Maybe it's just me but I liked refs who gave a bit of banter, a smile and put their hands up to the Captain or Manager when they got it wrong.  I look at the refs now and they all look as if they are looking for trouble and have no connection with the players.  It's as if players are the enemy.  Maybe that's what they should work on at Ref School.