Season 22/23 - Page 81 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Anyone else attending games today? What you all up to? 

No games today.  Coupon on and listen to Radio Scotland for me.  Just ordered Sky Sports as canny be bothered mucking about with a firestick.

10 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

37 away goals conceded now, as many in our last 4 away as Ross Co have conceded away all season!! Truly staggering how bad our recruitment has been in terms of ability, character, fight and just about anything else (especially in defence). This 3 week mini break from competitive football not helping either.

Yesterday doesn't mean anything to Aberdeen. Celtic will do similar  to other clubs and have been doing it all season. Most of their matches look like training games against youth sides. 

Aberdeen need to be fully focused on Livingston next week, that's a much bigger match for aberdeen. Top 4 is a realistic target considering hibs are currently 4th and this shows how poor the league actually is IMO but aberdeen could still land the top 6 trophy 😂

Edited by vanderark14

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yesterday doesn't mean anything to Aberdeen. Celtic will do similar  to other clubs and have been doing it all season. Most of their matches look like training games against youth sides. 

Aberdeen need to be fully focused on Livingston next week, that's a much bigger match for aberdeen. Top 4 is a realistic target considering hibs are currently 4th and this shows how poor the league actually is IMO but aberdeen could still land the top 6 trophy 😂

Totally agree.  Yesterday meant nothing really.  Dons have to beat the teams around them and I hope they do.  (sorry for quoting you btw).  

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Only on a caretaker basis Ramy.

He might end up getting it but I would doubt it.

I like Robson, always have. Here is the question now. I don't know alot about the Aberdeen owners. Are they expecting instant success from Robson? Will he be given time to develooe his own philosophy and tactics? It would be ludicrous to sack him straight away if Aberdeen don't have instant success. I agree with Vanderark, you can't use Celtic as a measure, Celtic will do similar to other sides in Scotland throughout the remainder of this season. Robson needs time, it's the Motherwell, Killie, Hibs, St.Mirren, etc, matches that should be his measure for now. I hope he does well, and to be honest, I go overboard sometimes with Celtic and can be a bit cocky, but I hope Aberdeen turn this round. It's great for Scottish football and their supporters.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I like Robson, always have. Here is the question now. I don't know alot about the Aberdeen owners. Are they expecting instant success from Robson? Will he be given time to develooe his own philosophy and tactics? It would be ludicrous to sack him straight away if Aberdeen don't have instant success. I agree with Vanderark, you can't use Celtic as a measure, Celtic will do similar to other sides in Scotland throughout the remainder of this season. Robson needs time, it's the Motherwell, Killie, Hibs, St.Mirren, etc, matches that should be his measure for now. I hope he does well, and to be honest, I go overboard sometimes with Celtic and can be a bit cocky, but I hope Aberdeen turn this round. It's great for Scottish football and their supporters.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Robson is a caretaker at the moment. It's not clear whether he is in the running for the job. The board ate taking their time over the appointment which I guess will suit Robson as he gets the chance to impress. I don't think many fans will judge him on how the current squad played at celtic Park and if any aberdeen fan does .......they're a fucking moron

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Robson is a caretaker at the moment. It's not clear whether he is in the running for the job. The board ate taking their time over the appointment which I guess will suit Robson as he gets the chance to impress. I don't think many fans will judge him on how the current squad played at celtic Park and if any aberdeen fan does .......they're a fucking moron

Totally agree. It's a work in progress..👍

When was the last time a caretaker manager got given the permanent role and went onto becoming a medium to long term success.

Im thinking Scotland but even England im struggling to think.

More often than not they benefit from the new manager bounce and then it goes south. Perhaps because the bounce stops and possibly because caretaker managers tend to have a lack of experience so maybe struggle to deal with demands of the job when it gets beyond a season.

Just thought of the Dundee Utd manager. Was it Tam Couts? Im discounting him on the basis of he did decent for less than a season, left and then gor sacked fairly quickly.

Ramy will be getting excited already about the OF final.  My family have tickets for the game (Celtic end).  Now here is a far flung idea.  The Rangers and Celtic fans have their huge banners which are football related??  Nah, too far flung me thinks.  Have a nice week folks.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

When was the last time a caretaker manager got given the permanent role and went onto becoming a medium to long term success.

More often than not they benefit from the new manager bounce and then it goes south. Perhaps because the bounce stops and possibly because caretaker managers tend to have a lack of experience so maybe struggle to deal with demands of the job when it gets beyond a season.

Just thought of the Dundee Utd manager. Was it Tam Couts? Im discounting him on the basis of he did decent for less than a season, left and then gor sacked fairly quickly.

Martindale?

11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

John Kennedy? Or maybe no..Cannae mind if it was permanent. Can't even remember if he was in charge a full season or no..

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

John Kennedy? Or maybe no..Cannae mind if it was permanent. Can't even remember if he was in charge a full season or no..

He wasn't even close to a full season, be lucky if he was caretaker for a dozen games.  Lennon would be a better shout as he went on to win the league but given the roaring arse he made of the "10" season I'd imagine that rules him out!

On 2/18/2023 at 6:29 PM, slasher said:

Aberdeen are one of the worst teams I’ve seen at CP this season.

The new guy whoever it is, has a lot of work to do.

You're too kind as we will have been THE worst, no doubt about it

Darvel would provide a better test