Season 22/23 - Page 82 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers v Celtic on Sunday in a final. Scotland's flagship fixture in a final of a cup, on a channel not many have and slightly overlapping the english league cup final too - Well Done SPFL

I am getting Sky in on Friday for the sports.  Needless to say the Final is not on Sky.  Lucky white heather.  It will be Sportsound again.  Didn't know what this viaplay is I just assumed it was part of Sky.

34 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

All very quick. It was only announced fairly recently and I certainly hadn't realised that it was at such an advanced stage. Sad news.

Edited by Hertsscot

15 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Viaplay bought out Premier Sport in the UK. So it's just that. They also have the international qualifiers, La Liga, URC and everything else that came under the Premier Sport umbrella.

I guess this is a question for the whole board not just you morrie, do pubs in Scotland fork out for viaplay? Viaplay now has the two scottish cup comps and most of the scotland matches. For some pubs thats a good source of revenua, especially the scotland internationals.

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I guess this is a question for the whole board not just you morrie, do pubs in Scotland fork out for viaplay? Viaplay now has the two scottish cup comps and most of the scotland matches. For some pubs thats a good source of revenua, especially the scotland internationals.

I was trying to find a pub in the west end a couple of weekends ago to watch the Rangers Thistle game which was on Viaplay and struggled to find anywhere that definitively said they had the channel.  Most of the known football bars on their website or Facebook would say they had Sky/BT but I could only find one that said they had Premier Sport so wasn't even sure if they still had it as Viaplay.  Didn't go out in the end so I'm none the wiser!

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers v Celtic on Sunday in a final. Scotland's flagship fixture in a final of a cup, on a channel not many have and slightly overlapping the english league cup final too - Well Done SPFL

And it's on at the same time as the rugby. Hmmmmm, wonder which game I'll watch????

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Not sure actually. There's a boozer in Stirling that has it, but they have everything - even Prime Video for the handful of EPL games that are on there over the season. 

Is frisking fans before entry a new thing this season? Happened to us last week at Easter Road and was clearly a policy with 3 stewards in a row with railings guiding you in. (As an aside - as you approached from the side of the main stand, they were directing you onto the road and off the concourse in order to enter the fenced channels...)

Didn't happen when we were there earlier in season and can't remember elsewhere at all. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Is frisking fans before entry a new thing this season? Happened to us last week at Easter Road and was clearly a policy with 3 stewards in a row with railings guiding you in. (As an aside - as you approached from the side of the main stand, they were directing you onto the road and off the concourse in order to enter the fenced channels...)

Didn't happen when we were there earlier in season and can't remember elsewhere at all. Thoughts?

Probably looking for Pyro? A couple of minutes inconvenience isn’t that bad if it stops this shite. Matter of time before there’s a major incident 

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Happened at Merkland road end last Aberdeen home game, bet they don’t frisk old firm fans at any away games.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just looking at the table in the Championship. What happened to Arbroath? Did they not challenge for promotion last season? They are dead bottom !!

Think they had a few players on loan last season who aren’t there now.

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Think they had a few players on loan last season who aren’t there now.

Cheers mare. Just as well they never got promoted then, they would have been slaughtered. I was happy for them, it was a great achievement. Sad to see them possibly get relegated now... Here is another question as you have so kindly offered your limited knowledge, 😉. If Queens Park move up, are they able to continue playing at their temporary ground? Is there not a capacity minimum for the Premier league? Would they have to apply for Hampden again? I can't see that being allowed.. Hope I have my facts correct.. 😆 

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cheers mare. Just as well they never got promoted then, they would have been slaughtered. I was happy for them, it was a great achievement. Sad to see them possibly get relegated now... Here is another question as you have so kindly offered your limited knowledge, 😉. If Queens Park move up, are they able to continue playing at their temporary ground? Is there not a capacity minimum for the Premier league? Would they have to apply for Hampden again? I can't see that being allowed.. Hope I have my facts correct.. 😆 

They are currently at Ochilview, home of my club, Stenhousemuir. The initial agreement was for the first half of the season, but it has been extended as the upgrade of Lesser Hampden is taking longer than expected. If they do indeed progress to the Premiership next season, and need housing, I'm sure they will enter into a similar agreement with a club who have a larger capacity - say Partick Thistle or Motherwell.

Quite like having Queen's Park as tennants. Revenue coming in and a couple players on loan, although one of them turned out to be a complete head-case who decided he didn't want to play in League Two and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

I would just like to say thanks to michale beale  and  the rangers players for showing direspect to Glasgow Celtic all week as it was getting boring winning trophey after trophey with nothing but silverware  at least now putting the huns back in their box is somethin to cheers HH💚🤍💛

Edited by jcs

37 minutes ago, jcs said:

I would just like to say thanks to michale beale  and  the rangers players for showing direspect to Glasgow Celtic all week as it was getting boring winning trophey after trophey with nothing but silverware  at least now putting the huns back in their box is somethin to cheers HH💚🤍💛

Go back to school and try and spell trophy. Like the 55 league trophies.

On 2/22/2023 at 8:41 AM, Fairbairn said:

I was trying to find a pub in the west end a couple of weekends ago to watch the Rangers Thistle game which was on Viaplay and struggled to find anywhere that definitively said they had the channel.  Most of the known football bars on their website or Facebook would say they had Sky/BT but I could only find one that said they had Premier Sport so wasn't even sure if they still had it as Viaplay.  Didn't go out in the end so I'm none the wiser!

Watched Sevco-Jags in Gallus.

Also certain that Tennents, Coopers and the Smiddy all have Viaplay.

52 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Watched Sevco-Jags in Gallus.

Also certain that Tennents, Coopers and the Smiddy all have Viaplay.

The Smiddy is probably not the ideal pub for me to be watching Rangers games….

Edited by Fairbairn