Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

47 minutes ago, kumnio said:

First half was pretty poor, but the second half and then extra time, simply outstanding, what a final.

Not a lot of poor games, although TBH I didn't see any of the early kick offs. Was excellent viewing from what I did see.

Really, is that what you thought? I thought Argentina were fantastic in the first half. I think it's s real pleasure to watch football like that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Really, is that what you thought? I thought Argentina were fantastic in the first half. I think it's s real pleasure to watch football like that.

I agree. The game was phenomenal. Argentian were fabulous. Then what a comeback from France. Both teams should be proud of themselves. Edge of the seat stuff for me throughout, right up to the last kick.

59 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Argentina were good in the first half, but France didn't perform at all. It was like watching Celtic v Aberdeen, just not very eventful.

Second half onwards it was an actual game, much better entertainment.

13 hours ago, dan cake said:

The Qataris will be creaming themselves, Saudi Arabia a shoe in for 2030

Nothing to stop the Saudis getting a world cup now as thos one has been a success on the park.  That was arguably the best world cup final ever. The tournament as a while provided some great stories and upsets. Not the best tournament ever but its up there 

Just now, Orraloon said:

Apart from Qatar, Wales and Denmark who were all really pish.

At least they were at the party.  Okay Quatar by default.  Does anyone else on here think it nauseating when Scotland fans laugh at England going out in the quarter final and stupid cartoons of Harry Kane on social media?  I would give my left arm for Scotland to reach a WC quarter final.  Instead we are reduced to supporting any team against England (myself included).  We are a shambles of a so called footballing nation.  Sorry, Monday morning blues.  We get rid of SFA and all the coaching rules and rulebooks and make a start.  The WC has given me a revigoration for football though.  Taking an under 16 team in Fife after the new year.

20 minutes ago, SamP said:

At least they were at the party.  Okay Quatar by default.  Does anyone else on here think it nauseating when Scotland fans laugh at England going out in the quarter final and stupid cartoons of Harry Kane on social media?  I would give my left arm for Scotland to reach a WC quarter final.  Instead we are reduced to supporting any team against England (myself included).  We are a shambles of a so called footballing nation.  Sorry, Monday morning blues.  We get rid of SFA and all the coaching rules and rulebooks and make a start.  The WC has given me a revigoration for football though.  Taking an under 16 team in Fife after the new year.

It's called rivalry, maybe sometimes people can take it too far (me included) but how else do you expect people to react when the only real way we can watch these competitions is through England's coverage?! clap, say "jolly good" and wish the cnts the best of british? fk that! All we get is England this and England that, they're our historical and sporting rivals, it naturally grates and you naturally want them to get pumped, and they invariably do and it's funny as fk. They're self righteous arrogant cnts and I will never lose the delight I get from seeing them fail.

Maybe if we had our own TV coverage then we'd be a little less reactive... maybe..    

4 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

It's called rivalry, maybe sometimes people can take it too far (me included) but how else do you expect people to react when the only real way we can watch these competitions is through England's coverage?! clap, say "jolly good" and wish the cnts the best of british? fk that! All we get is England this and England that, they're our historical and sporting rivals, it naturally grates and you naturally want them to get pumped, and they invariably do and it's funny as fk. They're self righteous arrogant cnts and I will never lose the delight I get from seeing them fail.

Maybe if we had our own TV coverage then we'd be a little less reactive... maybe..    

You are right there and I agree.  They are our rivals and it's natural to support whoever plays them.  Just sore that we are not there I suppose.  I must be a queer one as the ITV pundits don't bother me.  Even Ian Wright was ok yesterday.  I nearly fell of my seat when McCoist said that was the first hat trick in a final where all three balls crossed the line.  Pure brilliance.  His co-commentator replied that there will be a load of letters to ITV after that!!

37 minutes ago, SamP said:

Aye, I'm fairly confident that if we had been lucky enough to get there, we would have been really pish as well. But we didn't get there so we are still slightly worse than really pish. Maybe next time we will be lucky enough to have the chance of trying to avoid the really pish status. Got to qualify first though.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

They at least got 4 points which is often enough to get out of the group. They maybe weren't as good as expected, but I wouldn't put them in the "really pish' category.

Plus Lukaku was not fully fit through injury - missed the first two games

13 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Probably not worth anyone else turning up for Euro 2024.

Did you not know England have already won that ?....

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Did you not know England have already won that ?....

Good point.  Well, I'm sure that France will prove themselves worthy opponents in the final.

Back in the real world, I doubt if we'll need to worry about England winning anything for some time to come.  Won't stop them chugging themselves into a frenzy of course before the next inevitable, hilarious let-down.

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

It was like watching Celtic v Aberdeen, just not very eventful.

Disagree, and I've no wish to take this off topic, However.......

Aberdeen parked the bus of all busses, a complete embarrassment, and deserve(d) all the ridicule coming from that

France didn't sink to those levels