Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, dan cake said:

Agree with you on Saka, hooked because he’d taken one kick to many. The French were booting him all over the place

Was a terrible shame wasn't it. Hope Morocco beat France tonight, don't want England being beaten by the eventual winners. 

Argentina to beat Morocco in the Final please! 👍

19 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Hope Morocco beat France tonight, don't want England being beaten by the eventual winners. 

😀I do like your attention to detail.

Looking forward to the Morocco vs France game, should be a cracker. I can't decide who to support (like them both). But in terms of atmosphere/fans, a Morocco vs Argentina final would be something else!

53 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Was a terrible shame wasn't it. Hope Morocco beat France tonight, don't want England being beaten by the eventual winners. 

Argentina to beat Morocco in the Final please! 👍

Aye that'd be ideal if England were beaten by the team that were beaten by the team that were beaten by the team that won the World Cup!

France's defence is honking so you could easily see Morocco snatching a goal and then putting the shutters up.  Hope it's a good game anyway and not a "let's stink the place out going for penalties".

This is a good preview of tonight's game. The Moroccan fans could play a big part.

Frank LeBoeuf stating that  France really need to score early. First 15-20 mins could be interesting (Can see Griezmann looking for Dembele and Mbappe at every opportunity).

Edited by mcguffin

France were a hard watch tonight and Croatia looked the better team last night until their defensive lapse led to the penalty and first goal

It's gearing up to be a right pish final unless you believe in the hype that it will be a corker

Both teams are geared up for the counter attack and you know what that means

Is it just me or is Mbappe failing to live up to the hype? I know he's 23 etc etc but he seems a bit overrated. 

Gutted to see Morocco go out, thought they were a breath of fresh air both on the pitch and in the stands, really added some atmosphere to the whole competition. 

10 hours ago, SamP said:

Just watched a good bit of skill from a Morroco player there.  Dancing and dribbling with the ball.  This has happened throughout this WC.  The SFA coaches have coached this out of our players over a 30 year period.  

Couldn't agree more. Far too much structure pish, FAAAAAARRRRR too much emphasis on passing the ball for the fkin hell of it and not enough freedom of expression. 

The difference for me between good teams and shite ones is when a player is faced with an opponent, a good team has players that faces them and takes them on, a shite one passes it. Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass.... 😴

Hardly anyone goes direct anymore, so many times you see a team with the ball outside the box, an opportunity to shoot and the ball just gets passed passed passed to the wing then a shite floaty pish cross....

Football can be REALLY boring at times. Morocco have been a real breath of fresh air. We'd do well to take note. 

Edited by Bzzzz

3 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Football can be REALLY boring at times. Morocco have been a real breath of fresh air. We'd do well to take note. 

The SFA took note in 1998 when they totally destroyed us - and did nothing

I'll be disappointed when the world cup ends. Its been a good tournament and as an added bonus this board has been very good

Only one game back involving the OF and you can see what it reverts back to

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll be disappointed when the world cup ends. Its been a good tournament and as an added bonus this board has been very good

I agree on both points. Two games left. If Croatia and Morocco can scrape together 11 fit players each to start the match, I think this can be a great match.

Hopefully the final should be quite good too. (Though I see some analysts are predicting a 'tactical battle'. Hope it's not 0-0 after extra time followed by  penalties. 🤞)

I take back what I said at the start. It has been a good world cup, politics aside. I am hoping Argentina win it and Messi lifts that Cup, he is the best footballer in the World and deserves it. I have also been a massive fan of Maradona, so hope they win. Someone mentioned Mbappe been quiet, I agree, and hopefully he stays that way. I think the final will be boring, so also hoping for Extra time and penalties. Why not !! 😊

1 minute ago, mcguffin said:

You may have a point. I note the Saudi Tourism Ambassador will be at the game on Sunday:
https://man.vogue.me/lifestyle/culture/lionel-messi-saudi-arabia-new-tourism-ambassador-football-red-sea-jeddah-holiday-pictures/

I doubt it's a coincidence that Infantino was saying Saudi should get a chance to host just prior to this tournament starting.