Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh he will be with us for the euros but after that its hard to tell, especially if we get out the groups. There will be clubs queuing up for him if he achieves that.

No that still leaves that main goal of a World Cup Finals appearance. That has alluded us for too long. Clarke willl want a crack at that.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No that still leaves that main goal of a World Cup Finals appearance. That has alluded us for too long. Clarke willl want a crack at that.

Dunno if he gets a good opportunity in club football he might want to take it if its good money. Hes probably only got one last chance at managing in the epl or another top league after this job. He might want to take that last chance if its the right club.

On 9/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Dunno if he gets a good opportunity in club football he might want to take it if its good money. Hes probably only got one last chance at managing in the epl or another top league after this job. He might want to take that last chance if its the right club.

It's hard to know exactly what is going on in Clarke's head, but he's clearly an intelligent person and will be well aware that he will be potentially leaving a legacy that is unmatched in our history. He's already achieved legendary status, and will cement himself as one of our best ever managers if he can get us out of the group stages.

International management is a very cushy number. He talks about his grandkids and family a lot. Going back to club management would impact his personal life. 

Hopefully the SFA are paying him well, and he could probably negotiate a better contract sooner rather than later.

Bear in mind, unless he was offered an elite team, he'd struggle to find better players than what he has at his disposal for Scotland. And we are only getting stronger.

I think we'll have him until he decides to retire entirely.

19 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well one thing we can all be glad of is that we dodged a bullet when Michael O'Neill turned us down. Phew. I was not wanting him anyway.

I don't know how much of Northern Ireland's drop-off in form can be attributed to Michael O'Neill or if it's simply the case that he doesn't have the same standard of player to pick from as he did a few years ago.

I'm wondering though if it is actually Austin MacPhee who is the real genius rather than Clarke or O'Neill!  😄 

7 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

It's hard to know exactly what is going on in Clarke's head, but he's clearly an intelligent person and will be well aware that he will be potentially leaving a legacy that is unmatched in our history. He's already achieved legendary status, and will cement himself as one of our best ever managers if he can get us out of the group stages.

International management is a very cushy number. He talks about his grandkids and family a lot. Going back to club management would impact his personal life. 

Hopefully the SFA are paying him well, and he could probably negotiate a better contract sooner rather than later.

Bear in mind, unless he was offered an elite team, he'd struggle to find better players than what he has at his disposal for Scotland. And we are only getting stronger.

I think we'll have him until he decides to retire entirely.

He doesnt need to go to an elite team to find better players than scotland. Most epl sides will have stronger squads than ours. 

Just depends if he wants another crack at club management. 

You just have to look at celtic fans and how delusional and misty eyed they got over Brendan Rodgers and kieran tierney staying for the 9 or 10 in row. 

Money talks and if clarke gets a monster offer from a decent epl club then he might consider it.

I would like to think clarke is going to stay for a very long time but i am prepared for the fact that there's a decent chance he won't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I am looking forward to the steve clarke fuck off posts if we don't win or draw tonight

😂😂😂

Unless he plays Robertson on the right again and McTominay in goal and we lose 15-0 it would take a special kind of idiot to want him sacked after this game. 

I am fully expecting to lose tonight. Not because I think we are shite or anything but most teams would struggle to get anything in Spain if the Spanish play anywhere near their best and I suspect they will be out to prove a point against us. Anything other than a defeat would be a huge bonus. 

If Spain don’t play well and we do then we can definitely take something but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

31 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

😂😂😂

Unless he plays Robertson on the right again and McTominay in goal and we lose 15-0 it would take a special kind of idiot to want him sacked after this game. 

I am fully expecting to lose tonight. Not because I think we are shite or anything but most teams would struggle to get anything in Spain if the Spanish play anywhere near their best and I suspect they will be out to prove a point against us. Anything other than a defeat would be a huge bonus. 

If Spain don’t play well and we do then we can definitely take something but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

Exactly how I feel. We've stepped up a level where I feel the away match to the top seed would be the only acceptable loss

16 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Admins, please change the title of this thread; it's actually quite offensive.

Only because we are on a "fortunate" roll 

I was expecting this thread to be revived later tonight .........

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Admins, please change the title of this thread; it's actually quite offensive.

Good call. I feel for the op, it was raised during a particularly ropey period for us and I'm sure a lot of folk were thinking the same.  We need to give the lad/lass a break ffs

5 hours ago, todd said:

Good call. I feel for the op, it was raised during a particularly ropey period for us and I'm sure a lot of folk were thinking the same.  We need to give the lad/lass a break ffs

Na.

Fuck him! 😂

11 hours ago, supersub said:

Interview after the game was good in the way he rightly talked the team up by saying it won't be down to what Spain do against Norway but we could qualify on Sunday purely down to the fact that we won our first 5 games.

I actually really like his pragmatism and level-headedness in the job. Instead of getting carried away he seems to have a way of cutting through the noise to the important aspects of the situation.

He rightly pointed out we couldn't qualify on Sunday if we hadn't been so good in the group so far, and instead of getting involved in the goal controversy he took it for what it is. I enjoyed his "you can show it as many times as you want" comment as ultimately it doesn't matter what happened or why, the fact is it was disallowed and we lost so let's get on with dealing with that situation instead of being distracted with refs/VAR etc.

53 minutes ago, Exiled ICT said:

I actually really like his pragmatism and level-headedness in the job. Instead of getting carried away he seems to have a way of cutting through the noise to the important aspects of the situation.

He rightly pointed out we couldn't qualify on Sunday if we hadn't been so good in the group so far, and instead of getting involved in the goal controversy he took it for what it is. I enjoyed his "you can show it as many times as you want" comment as ultimately it doesn't matter what happened or why, the fact is it was disallowed and we lost so let's get on with dealing with that situation instead of being distracted with refs/VAR etc.

Exactly, that's our job. 

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Good to see that the this has been brought to the top again. Genuinely touched that it means so much to a handful of posters.

Ach, it's only a question of time before you are right again. Happens to every manager eventually. 🤣

He was lucky to keep his job back then. McLeish got sacked for less.