Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 151 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison Ashby was one of the stand outs in West hams friendly win over Servette.

Archie Gray(family of Scots internationals) 16 years old was the star player for Leeds first team in a friendly win over Blackpool. New manager has said he is part of the first team plans, Problem is he has been turning out for England u16s. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, syecosse said:

Archie Gray(family of Scots internationals) 16 years old was the star player for Leeds first team in a friendly win over Blackpool. New manager has said he is part of the first team plans, Problem is he has been turning out for England u16s. 

I remember seeing his dad play in a League Cup final when he was only 17 or 18. He was outstanding that day but didn't really have the career or make the progress that performance suggested. I think he played out wide but for most of his career just played as a central attacker.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:13 PM, syecosse said:

Jeremiah Mullen is another involved in Leeds pre season and impressing 18 years old along with Gray, Mckinstry worryingly not involved apparently will go put on loan, I thought he might go higher but can only see links to Hartlepool.

Mullen is another central defender i believe, surely out of this fairly large group of promising teenage defenders coming through at epl clubs, the old firm & Bayern Munich a couple of them at least will turn out to be the real deal. 🤞

We are certainly long overdue some class natural centre backs. 

I follow McKinstry online & he seems a Commited & grownded young pro so just hope he turns out good enough to have a successful career

10 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Mullen is another central defender i believe, surely out of this fairly large group of promising teenage defenders coming through at epl clubs, the old firm & Bayern Munich a couple of them at least will turn out to be the real deal. 🤞

We are certainly long overdue some class natural centre backs. 

I follow McKinstry online & he seems a Commited & grownded young pro so just hope he turns out good enough to have a successful career

If a few of the young CBs come through that all seem very promising with the RB position looking promising and well LB sorted the defence could be pretty good, King seems to be on the fringes now at Rangers, Morrison training in the first Bayern squad(i have read he is out of contract either the end of the month or 1 year left so not sure the deal there), Mullen likewise, kerr Smith at Aston villa, Danes Murray Celtic another who seems to bounce between Scotland/England is Ben Nelson(Man city are In for him).

There is also the guys playing u21s Mayo on loan at Kilmarnock, Graham Dundee Utd and Welsh Celtic( I thought the Udinese interest/move would have been good for him). 

3 hours ago, syecosse said:

If a few of the young CBs come through that all seem very promising with the RB position looking promising and well LB sorted the defence could be pretty good, King seems to be on the fringes now at Rangers, Morrison training in the first Bayern squad(i have read he is out of contract either the end of the month or 1 year left so not sure the deal there), Mullen likewise, kerr Smith at Aston villa, Danes Murray Celtic another who seems to bounce between Scotland/England is Ben Nelson(Man city are In for him).

There is also the guys playing u21s Mayo on loan at Kilmarnock, Graham Dundee Utd and Welsh Celtic( I thought the Udinese interest/move would have been good for him). 

Jack Milne at Aberdeen one to keep an eye on who has just signed a 3 year deal. Goodwin saying he’s one of the fittest players in his squad. 

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

According to BBC Everton willing to loan out Patterson. Might be a good thing, tho' wouldn't touch Norwich with a barge pole. 

Norwich would be a fine loan now they’re in the championship.

Patterson can probably do better than that though, Forest or one of the promoted sides atleast 

59 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Norwich would be a fine loan now they’re in the championship.

Patterson can probably do better than that though, Forest or one of the promoted sides atleast 

If you are just looking for game time on a loan then he would be better going to a title chasing Championship side than a promoted EPL side.

Would look much better which in the long run would increase he stock at Everton.

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

According to BBC Everton willing to loan out Patterson. Might be a good thing, tho' wouldn't touch Norwich with a barge pole. 

That's actually pretty disappointing. Patterson has started in both of Everton's pre-season friendlies (although one of them involved a 4-0 humping by an MLS team) so I'd assumed Lampard planned on playing him this season, but if the chat is that he's going to be loaned out to a Championship side that's clearly not the case.

As for Tierney, the boy's starting to look like a crock. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Many Rangers fans now want McLaughlin starting ahead of McGregor due to his superior ability to play out from the back. Could be good news for us if he gets a run of games and can provide a successor to Gordon - even if only for a few years.

Yeah, even a stopgap would be incredibly valuable to us right now. There is a big gap when Gordon goes at present, and an injury/loss of form could be really damaging to us too.